MUA Rubber band feeling'

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you may one day have a sudden good surprise! Last week I had the banding feeling on the treadmill. Today we did a two mile hike with trail crampons and did it in under an hour. My knee is happy.. despite the hour long ride each way.. No banding. Now its yammering for bike.. Did yours come yet?
I did get to kneel in the snow halfway through.. some pseudo icing.

The best part is hubbys remark ( usually when about women it could be something else) " I haven't seen you with such a good gait in years!" Next we have to work on that waist.
 
I pontoon. Barbri here. We had our knee replacement surgery the same day,October 19. I am wondering how you are doing now 12 weeks post surgery.
I am still not happy yet about having the surgery. Still get a lot of pain and stiffness particularly at night,difficult to get a decent nights sleep. My ROM is 110 and 10 which the PT says is not likely to get much better at this point without a MUA. I am going to talk to the OS about that.I can ride a stationary bike,but with considerable difficulty. After walking for abour 10-12 minutes my knee is very sore. I can go uo and down stairs,but with some effort and discomfort.
 
Kind of confused by the posting, didn't think MUA was something to worry about if you have achieved a ROM of 90 or above. See your extension number seems a bit high yet, but think that may improve in time.
 
Let's remember, please, that this is Pontoon's thread.

If you have concerns about your own knees, please post them in your own recovery threads, then we can discuss them without derailing Pontoon's recovery thread.
 
I'm almost 14 weeks post op and my severe banding problem has not gotten any better. I'm not going to PT any longer, riding a stationary bike 20 mins twice daily and doing the normal stuff at home. I do work at home at a desk for 40 hours a week.

Is there a possibility that what I'm feeling isn't the standing band problem that many folks have?

This discomfort is severe, impacts my ability to walk. Dr. Now has me on a nerve pain medication to see if that helps with my discomfort.

Help at my wit's end.
 
@Celle
Can you have an MRI post surgery to diagnose potential soft tissue issues?
 
Well, let's see if I can take another look at it for you.
Tell me the site of your pain using this chart

[Bonesmart.org] Rubber band feeling'
[Bonesmart.org] Rubber band feeling'
 
Around the whole front and side in C&D. The banding pain moves as well after say excercise or sitting for awhile.

Really wraps around the whole
 
@Pontoon, you don't have to use "quote this post" just to reply to someone. This isn't Facebook! :wink:
Just scoot on down to the bottom of the page and start typing!

Unless there is some specific phrase you want to address, of course!
Then do it like this How to quote a post.

Thanks for understanding! :)
 
Over the last couple days after sitting for an hour or two both of thighs back of them ache and my feet turn Rosey. Any idea why this happens?
 
@BARBRI

I'm still struggling with my severe banding issue. Other than that I'm doing good. It's so bad at times that I can hardly walk.

How are you doing?
 
See my post for the most current update on my status. Sorry to hear about your severe knee banding. What are your range of motion percentages? Maybe you would benefit from an MUA as well.
 
I'm 110/0 and 120/0 passively I think they call it. I'm taking one day at a time. I've been told by many my banding will go away with time. It's just very frustrating and depressing.
 
Sounds like you are doing pretty well with that ROM. I am happy for you. What is it that you find frustrating and depressing still? What type of physio have you been doing? Do you experience pain and discomfort at night that negatively effects your sleep? Do you still have that rubber band feeling? Hope that you do not mind me asking you all these questions. They are areas that are still of concern to me. Thank you
 
Sorry about your banding issues. At Day 13 thankfully mine has started slowly resolving as I felt it was really impeding my bend. After reading people's experiences on this board I am not expecting it to go away quickly.
 
@BARBRI

Hello there, I do not mind the questions at all. We are all in the choppy boat together.

I am on Zoloft, to control my depression. I'm almost 60 years old and never experienced depression. Depression controls your every move and thought. I couldn't control it and I was having very bad thoughts. I'm fine now, and plan on going off Zoloft once I recover fully

Right now my physiology consists of a stationary bike 30 mins twice daily. I do my basic heal slides leg raises in the morning and occasionally during the day. I have been giving myself a deep tissue massage every evening really concentrating on the areas of my knee that are tender

I've never have had pain at night just general aching at times. My general practitioner gave me a minor sleeping pill that helps as well.

My Banding is still horrible Dr has me on a nerve pain pill but hasn't helped
The banding digs right into my knee and throws my gait off and hip gets uncomfortable when that happens. It is constant and on all four sides. I do think it maybe a little thinner but the position of it is worse. I do think the bike and massage helps.

I go for a check up on Friday and plan on speaking to him again on my banding. So for the most part my banding is my only real issue. However it causes me more pain and discomfort in my knee than I had before my surgery.

On a good note, I've decided to retire. My last day of work will be on April 7th. I've worked for the same health insurance company for 37 years

How are you doing. What issues are you still experiencing?
 
THANKS FOR RESPONDING. SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR CONTINUING DEPRESSION,BUT I UNDERSTAND. THIS KNEE RECOVERY CAN GET A PERSON DOWN ALRIGHT.
WOW! THE BIKE TWICE A DAY FOR 30 MINUTES. THAT CERTAINLY SOUNDS LIKE A LOT. TOO MUCH MAYBE.? I STILL HAVE DIFFICULTY GETTING AROUND ON MOST STANDARD STATIONARY BIKES AND CERTAINLY COULD NOT DO IT FOR 30 MINUTES AT A TIME.
PAIN AT NIGHT IS MY WORST ISSUE AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN. YOU ARE FORTUNATE NOT TO EXPERIENCE THAT AS IT AFFECTS SLEEP.
SINCE MY MUA THE TIGHT BAND FEELING HAS LESSENED THANK GOODNESS AS IT IS VERY UNPLEASANT AS YOU KNOW.
MY CURRENT ISSUES ARE : not happy with ROM of 105 degrees and the night pain.BUT I AM TOLD THAT I AM STILL IN RECOVERY MODE FROM THE MUA AND SHOULD CUT BACK ON MY PHYSIO FOR A FEW WEEKS.I AM ALSO TOLD THAT OVER ICING THE KNEE CAN CAUSE ADDITIONAL STIFFNESS IN THE KNEE AND THAT I SHOULD NOW ONLY ICE FOR 10-15 MINUTES AFTER PHYSIO AND AGAIN BEFORE I GO TO BED.
I SEE MY OS ON MONDAY AS A FOLLOW UP TO MY MUA.
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR UPCOMING RETIREMENT. IT IS A GOOD LIFE. I RETIRED 14 YEARS AGO AT THE AGE OF 56.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom