Guest viewing is limited

MUA Rubber band feeling'

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Pontoon Hello. I think I have the feeling like what you are describing. Does your knee feel full inside? The band feeling, does it feel really thick but goes down for a 'little while' when you ice it? And when you bend, you hit that band feeling?

I was originally told it was scar tissue. Then I had a MUA but 3 days later, that feeling came back and I was NOT happy! (the MUA did help my bend though ). Since then, I have learned from this site that it may be internal swelling. I was also told the MUA restarts some of the healing so it may further delay the band feeling. The first time I had a replacement the feeling went away in appx 6.5 months.
So as much as it seems to get in the way and affect our knee performance, we just have to wait for it to disappear, which can take months. Good Luck!!

My feeling is actually more like having a vice grip around my entire knee cap. doesn't go away with icing. Standing still makes it worse. I think my device maybe too large for me, but dr feels there is nothing wrong with the device. Having 3 procedures in past 16 months im sure has delayed my recovery. Hopefully some day I will see signs of the banding subsiding.
 
You've certainly had a rough time @Pontoon. I hope this year will be the start of better things for you.
 
Tell me if any of this sounds like what you are experiencing.

FYI, I had BTKR on Feb 7, 2017. So I’m at 11 months. And I feel exactly the same as I did 7 months ago. It does feel like a vice grip on both my knees. Icing helps. But it’s with me all day on both knees. From the moment I wake up, it’s very uncomfortable and slightly painful when I stand up and walk. Gets a little worse throughout the day.

Any stretching just makes it tighter. I can ride my stationary bike for 10 minutes with no problem. But when I get off, both knees feel locked up.

Whatever my issue is, I can feel when I stretch my knees. Whatever is inside them is all around them it feels like... and it feels stretchy and a little sticky. Does yours feel anything like what I have described?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:
@Pontoon I had 3 procedures on my knee over 18 months and I agree, I think it does take a toll and causes your knee to take longer to heal. Don't be afraid to get a 2nd opinion. A second Dr is the one that told me the cement came aloose with the first surgery. You know your body and when something isn't right. Hope it improves for you soon!!
 
@MyTest
did you have the same severe banding pressure around your knee cap?

How are.you doing now?
 
Last edited:
@mpj200
yes what you are describing is exactly what i.have. I went to Dr Friday and he said I still have to give it more time

What is your Dr telling you it is?
 
@MyTest
did you have the same severe banding pressure around your knee cap?

How are.you doing now?

@Pontoon Sorry just saw your question. I was originally told what I feel is scar tissue but I had an MUA and 3 days later the feeling came back. Mine feels like a tight band/blob feeling that's always THICK. If I ice my knee for awhile it will thin out 'some' but soon as I am back on my feet it thickens back up. Mine feels like a blob that's constantly there. I was told by the forum that it sounds like internal swelling. Also, since I had an MUA in Oct. I prob restarted the swelling. Thanks for asking. Hope you find relief soon!
 
I am just 7 weeks in and feel the rubber band around the front top of my knee. You are tough as nails for hanging in there! Hope you get this resolved as it certainly does change one's life!
 
I have exactly the same feeling. Don,t understand why it comes and goes. I am 11 months out and still having so much pain and problems.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom