TKR RTKR March 3, 2015 so happy I got replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost some weight but not that amount and I still have some more to lose
 
I went to drs today for my check up and he loved my progress. I was released from PT this past Monday. He said I am doing great so I said ok so can we do the other one this summer. He looked at my xrays and saw the were the same as my right knee so he said ok. I have an appointment to do left knee total replacement on June 30th. I am so excited.
 
Congratulations on your discharge from PT. Happy to hear your next TKR is coming up soon. Keep us posted on how you are doing.
 
Good for you! So happy your recovery is going well.
 
Thank you all. I haven't been on much since the school year is winding down and super busy.
 
So happy for you, your not done yet, remember it can take a year, so keep working on it.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I am working it lol. Thanks for the support. How are you feeling?
 
I am making it, I have developed a patella issue around week 9, we are trying PT.
I have a triple clunk as the patella catches and then clunks over the prosthetic. it is causing pain on the right side of the knee.
 
Sorry to hear that. I hope they can get it worked out



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good for you. Bett of luck. Xx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Good Luck on your new knee! It's a journey, but well worth it!
 
Yes my other knee was done 3 months ago. I hope this one goes smoothly too. Thanks for your support.
 
My Orthopedic surgeon does not like to do a second knee until a year after the 1st knee. Wants to make sure everything is healed he says. My LTKR was done Feb 18, 2015. It is doing great. I feel like I could probably "survive" a 2nd surgery now, but I am having issues with IT band and hip/lower back problems. Supposedly, everything is out of whack from walking incorrectly for so long. But I see lots of Bonesmarties getting second surgeries very soon after the first. Guess it's a decision between patient and OS. I'll be keeping up with your progress. You will do fine, I'm sure!
 
My dr was so impressed with my progress. He let me go back to work 2 1/2 weeks after surgery and when I went for my 2 months check up was when he said I could do the other one.
 
I have a question about my hospital stay. I am following Weight watchers and doing really well. I know I will be less active ( pretty much nil) so I want to make sure I make good food choices. Do most hospitals over healthy choices? I have done some research and most say its processed food. I remember the food being very good last visit but I was not watching my food intake.
 
It depends upon the hospital, but the food at mine was excellent. They came in every day and took my order for what I wanted, so you'll have an opportunity to stay on Plan. Portion sizes are correct, too, which will help.
 
I remember the food being awesome. I just could not remember if there were healthy choices. Yes It will be portion control but I remember losing 9 lbs last surgery cause I remember not being too hungry.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom