Guest viewing is limited

TKR Round Two

Good day! We will be celebrating Christmas today with our daughter, as she is traveling over the 25th.
Yesterday I made deviled eggs and twice baked potatoes! I find doing a little at a time really helps! Then we went out for a drive to view the Christmas lights!
This morning I put a nice ham in the crockpot and will make Brussel sprouts for our veggie! Because of good friends, we have plenty of sweets!!
My knee was stiff and swollen last night, but I think I'll make it! I finally feel excited about our celebration!
:santa-dance:
 
Well, this 5 week old knee let me have it around 4 this morning!
ODIC membership intact!
Elevation and ice, with rest today! I'm just thankful PT isn't until tomorrow!
 
I had my 6 week check-up yesterday! My knees are twins! All looks good, and my surgeon gave me the okay to quit PT!
Life is moving along!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Round Two
    20211227_115335.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 140
When I had my surgery, I had prepared my "knee cave" (just a guest room), with everything I needed for comfort. Wedges, ice machine, ginger chews, etc..
I have now moved back in to our bedroom, and am having so much trouble getting comfortable! I am taking tylenol pm to see if that will help.
My husband was just so happy to have me back, sharing our room. Any suggestions on getting comfortable without taking up the whole bed?
 
I can understand your dilemma, unfortunately I cannot offer much advice, as fortunately my husband after my first surgery enjoyed having a good undisturbed night sleep, only moved back in our room almost 4 months post surgery, and a couple of months after moved back out again as he said I was too restless and his sleep was getting disturbed. This time round he has moved out again.. as @Rubyroo suggested a bigger bed maybe :chinstroke:
 
I can’t offer any advice either- we’ve slept in separate rooms for a long time. Both of us wear CPAPs & I’m a wiggle worm and as we’ve gotten older neither of us is as svelte as we once were & a queen size bed for both of us just was kind of uncomfortable. Oh well- maybe that’s how we’ve stayed married for 37 years. Old boring married people! :shrug:
 
I was up at 4:30 this morning, just couldn't find a comfortable position!
I headed down to the knee cave and managed a couple more hours!
Hubby wants to move the wedge and ice machine upstairs tonight, so we'll see how it goes!
Anyway, good problems, right? I just wish this 6 week old knee would start to cooperate a bit more!
:happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:
 
Hi friends!
I am 7 weeks post op and am still having a hard time with the exercise "sit to stand" from a chair! I don't feel like my quads have much strength. I also feel that the left knee (done February 2021) is getting weaker.
I am riding my exercise bike daily and am up and down the stairs several times per day!
Any way to gently strengthen the quads?
 
I was never asked to do sit to stands as an exercise. They happened in the normal course of my day and my quad strengthened as it healed without “working” on it.
 
Those stairs will do all the quad strengthening you need. As Jockette mentioned I'm sure you get enough sit stands during your ADL's. I was still doing a lot of pushing with my arms getting up at 7 weeks. Still way too early to think about strengthening exercises.
 
Thanks! I sometimes think I should be further ahead! This forum is so helpful!
 
Hi @MARYCOOL I had a similar problem about 2 months into my recovery. My PT suggested that the problem wasn't coming from my quads, but from the glutes. He had my do step-up (on a 4-inch riser) leaning forward so the butt muscles were doing more of the work. It seemed to help me ... although, it might also just have been time that did the trick! :wink:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom