Guest viewing is limited

TKR Round Two

I definitely get swelling in my quad when I've done a bit too much standing, or walking, or stairs. My knee itself feels pretty good, but it's the quad swelling that tells me I've overdone it yet again. Although the energy drain is not fun, it's probably the best for you to take a day off and let your quads recover as well. I had to take Friday off work and do pretty much nothing but icing and elevating because I'd done too much on Thursday. Luckily my boss has had multiple knee surgeries and is sympathetic.

I hope you feel better soon!
 
@GiantFinnegan ...thanks! I think going up and down the stairs might have been the culprit! We also worked the quad pretty good on PT day! I remind myself that at a mere 3 weeks out, I'm way ahead of the last knee. It is just hard to be patient!
Hope you are doing well, too!
 
I'm doing pretty well, but yes, even though I'm ahead of you by a couple of weeks, it's still really easy to overdo it. It's a constant cycle of feel pretty good, do too much, rest, feel better, do too much again!
 
Took almost 2 hr nap and iced while doing it today as i did some sewing and stood and cut 15 yards of fabric, just finished my 2nd set of exercises today and now will ice
 
I woke up feeling good today after a couple of blue days! I slept 6 hours straight!!
I changed my bedding, took a nice hot shower and opened a window for some fresh air!
I am going upstairs later to put a roast in the crockpot...I almost feel normal.
Life is good..
 
Roasts always smell so good cooking! I’ve joked with hubby about when I get old & can’t chew because I’m a toothless old hag to put the roast in the blender & I’ll just drink it. I’m doing pretty good. SHSH (sitting here, sitting here) as we say out my house- waiting for call today to tell me what time my surgery is tomorrow. :unsure:
 
Has anyone else experienced their other knee(tkr 10 months ago) acting up with the new knee 3 weeks ago?
Suddenly? Tightness, stiffness..almost mimics the new one. Am I crazy?
I am doing PT 2 times per week..
 
My other knee which had a PKR in2016 is doing exactly same as yours. Sometimes it hurts as much as this new one. My theory is because I favored it for months before my surgery and was still limping after the surgery. I still have just a bit of a limp worse at end of day. My legs feel like pillars when I walk and I am not a big person.
I am sure this will resolve with time/healing!
 
@Sks1997 Thank you! I thought it might just be a bit overworked after being the baby for 9 months
 
Yes, my right knee has been a little more sore than it was before the left TKR. I figure it's because it's taking on more weight and duties while the left knee is recovering. Also, while I was under anesthesia for the left knee, my surgeon did take the opportunity to do (what he says was) a 'gentle' manipulation on the right knee - just some bending, not forcing it to bend (so he says). He did say they broke up some scar tissue then, and my bend is slightly better on the right now, so maybe I did have some scar tissue. So he said my right knee would be a little sore too. I didn't notice much at all right after the left TKR, but I'm sure all the meds helped.

Maybe ask your surgeon if they also did any bending (mini-MUA) on your first TKR knee?
 
Wow! No wonder your right knee is sore, @GiantFinnegan ! What was the bend in your right knee before they did that?
 
I'm not sure what the actual numbers were since I hadn't been to PT in quite a while, but probably around 110 maybe? Although not great, that was enough to make me happy since at one point PT and OS were telling me I'd never get past 95 on that knee (that was before they diagnosed nerve issues and were just thinking I was lazy, ha ha ha).
 
Oh my goodness! 4 weeks out and doing great..118 ROM and -4 flex!
However, today both of my knees ache! I think it's the weather. We have extreme winds and a drop in temperature.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom