TKR ROUND 2: MotownGirl made it to the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @MotownGirl66

Yes that's it but that's very expensive. Do you have Boots chemist over there? It's cheaper xx
I'm glad things have moved along xx

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @MotownGirl66
I contacted the hospital I was down for June. They've put me down for a cancellation, should one occur with my surgeon x x x

I cannot believe how quick your surgery date is coming around! ((((hugs)))) x

Love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
@Nana moon 27 Well, at least you have some sort of date to shoot for. I, too, cannot believe mine is just 9 days away. We're trying to live it up the next few days. We just bought a motorhome and we took it to Tampa to see the bands Journey and The Steve Miller Band in concert. Then, Sunday, we will take it to a campground near my son's university so I can spend a few days visiting him before undergoing "the knife" a week from this Monday.
 
Post Op Week 27: The protagonist of this thread (my right knee) is feeling very good this week. Minimal swelling but still tender to the touch. The shape of my knee is changing, too. Looking more normal, in a sense, if you remove that crazy bruise that is STILL THERE after all these months. I accidentally ran it into the side of a desk last week and I must have hit it in the "right" spot because it hurt immediately and deeply. Sure, I may be 6.5 months post surgery but it's still there..reminding me of who is in charge. Bow to the knee.

So...what's new? Well, my left knee is being replaced this coming Monday so I will use everything I learned from the first one and make this recovery a breeze, hopefully! Same hospital, too. Hopefully the nursing staff has changed and they have the air conditioning problem fixed! They will call me Friday with the time I am supposed to arrive. I am fighting a wicked case of Bronchitis this week and hope to have it kicked before Monday.

Just completing all the Pre-Op stuff this week. Am I nervous? No, not really. Just really dreading the whole being laid up thing. I have enjoyed my freedom these last few months and to have to give it up again is a bitter pill to swallow, so to say!

@Nana moon 27 Girl! I am here for you - you will do just fine with your 2nd one. Hugs to you!
@kaw205 Your recovery has been miraculous! So happy for you.
@TexasTee You are my inspiration to get back in to Yoga. Sitting "indian style" will happen one day.
 
Hi @MotownGirl66

Thanks for replying to the post. Yes I get what you mean about the being laid up but let's pray you have a really easy recovery and are not laid up,too long. Hugs right back to you ((((hugs)))). I'm here for you too x x.
 
You're an old pro at this now and before you know it, you'll be off on your first big adventure in your awesome motorhome!
Good luck with your pre-op today.
 
Wishing you all the best for your upcoming surgery. I bet this time around will be easier as you've been through it before.
Also, mojo is headed your way to kick t he bronchitis out of your system!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Soon you'll have a matched set!
 
@Nana moon 27 Thank you for asking - the bronchitis is subsiding very slowly, but I was able to sleep last night - I think it was mostly in part because all day yesterday I choked up tons of mucus. But, better to do it now, right?

I am waiting for the hospital to call me this afternoon with my surgery time. I hope to be first. My surgeon likes us there about 5:30am. He's an early riser!
 
That's a relief when the mucus comes up. Mine doesn't because of my lung condition. Hence the daily antibiotic and decongestants (6) every day. It still doesn't really do it.

I'm so glad that happened for you. That will be one less worry x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Is your surgeon is like mine he wants YOU there and prepped and prodded before dawn while he rolls in a bit after 8 :) Hope you do get to go first, I wouldn't have liked waiting around for hours while being hungry.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@TexasTee Yep, he likes me there bright and early but generally has me in the O.R. at 7am, if I am his first. Two weeks ago, my kidney surgeon had me there @ 7am and my surgery time wasn't until 1pm! I was furious!
@Nana moon 27 I am real sorry to hear of your lung problems. I can imagine how painful and what a nuisance it is for you.
 
At the moment I'm doing really well. Fingers crossed it's finally under control x x.

I hope you're first on the block are you having spinal or GA ? Xxx
 
@Nana moon 27 I am first out the gate! Have to be there at 6am for an 8:30am surgery time. I am susceptible to Malignant Hyperthermia so the Anesthesia team needs to administer a certain type but I cannot remember what it is. They always tell me which one I am getting but then they administer it and out I go! Glad to hear you are doing well!
 
Yeah for being first up! Will be sending good thoughts and prayers Monday morning.
I hope you have better nurses this time and a good hospital stay.
I remember how awful it was last time!
Time to get 'er done. You will rock this!!! :yes!:
(((hugs)))

Karen
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom