TKR ROUND 2: MotownGirl made it to the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] ROUND 2:  MotownGirl made it to the other side
[Bonesmart.org] ROUND 2:  MotownGirl made it to the other side
[Bonesmart.org] ROUND 2:  MotownGirl made it to the other side @Jamie Do you guys think it's okay for me to be sitting like this? It's more comfortable than me bringing my foot up and bending my knee that way. To sit like this, I lay almost flat and open up my hip flexors. The stretch on my legs feels fantastic. Here's a 2nd picture of the bruising that's starting, too.
 
107!!!!!:wowspring:
I was taking 2 of the 5/325 every 4 hours and I only got 60. That lasted me a whopping 5 days!
Adding the 10mg of the long lasting should really help.
Unloading the dishwasher on day 2? That's a very good sign that this time around will be better.
Good luck with day 3!

Thanks Karen. I'm keeping track of how I feel w/ one pill versus two pills because I want them to last as long as possible, too.
 
My OS didn't want me to rest my leg long with it bent in any way - to promote the extension. Glad you are home and feeling good!!
 
Oh my goodness!!!!! Boy oh boy have things changed a lot since this morning! I only took 1 painkiller for my morning's dose and what a mistake that turned out to be. It hurts so bad! NOW I remember why I desperately didn't want to have the surgery. Now, for my Noon dosage, I took 2 pills and now I am chasing the pain to get it under control. Sure do miss that long-acting Femoral Nerve Block! My foot is still tingly and is slowly coming back to life and now I can feel it on the rug. My leg also feels very weak and I have difficulty doing the heel slides.

Oh well.....here we go! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
 
My leg also feels very weak and I have difficulty doing the heel slides.
That is quite normal---that "heavy leg" or "dead leg" feeling will dissipate in time. How did it go for you during your first TKR---remember, each TKR recovery is different.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my goodness!!!!! Boy oh boy have things changed a lot since this morning! I only took 1 painkiller for my morning's dose and what a mistake that turned out to be. It hurts so bad! NOW I remember why I desperately didn't want to have the surgery. Now, for my Noon dosage, I took 2 pills and now I am chasing the pain to get it under control.
Please do not try to be a "hero" and minimize the # of pills that yo are taking. The the correct number of pills and take them on the clock so you are not "chasing the pain", as you said.
 
Is your OS rationing your pain meds---I do not think that it is a good idea---you need to take the pills because you are in pain---and pain management is paramount.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@referee54 No, he's not rationing my meds, I was but have since stopped. You'll are right! This is day 3 and the pain is pretty bad. Load me up! No hero here.

I hurt everywhere. My biceps and triceps hurt like where I might have been gripped as they moved me. My calves hurt, the meaty area.
 
The whole reason for these drugs is because they make pain bearable, and things like knee replacements possible. Glad you are taking them on schedule now. Keep it up.

I got back on schedule last night but the pain is still always around a 5. And that is with icing and elevating. Interestingly enough, I don't seem to notice any difference icing is making. Granted, I am definitely not as swollen as I was last time @ this same point and time (thanks BoneSmart for retaining my old surgical thread) but this pain is pretty impressive, too!
 
:welome:Left TKR Post Op Day #4

I have probably said it before and probably in the recent past, but I am going to say it again. I have found it so beneficial to be able to go back and read my earlier posts. I didn't keep a diary other than what's been documented here. Especially in the days marking my discharge from the hospital.

The poop fairy finally came and I feel so much better. My left knee hurts all the time, even with the right number of painkillers being taken at the right time. It is never, ever a zero. When my timer beeps to remind me "it's that time again!", I stop and assess my pain level before dipping into the RX bottle. And sure enough, there's more than enough pain to justify taking more painkillers.

I am going to take a break from typing this report. I keep dozing off and you know what they say..."never let the opportunity for a nap pass you by!"

Best regards,
Robyn
 
I have just found this I hope you are feeling a bit better and have the pain under control you defiantly need the meds so you can rest properly so important to recovery I found dihydrcodiene works far better for me then tramadol surgery have me requesting every couple of weeks
I found that position comfortable too it's strange but works I just think there are two problems it is painful when you move back to straight and also it does not aid getting a straight leg however laying on your back gets so uncomfortable I tended to just use that position for a breather from being uncomfortable
Hugggs take care


20/01/2015
 
Hi Robyn,
Just checking in to see how you're doing today. I hope the pain is under control. Are you taking the 10mg long lasting pill as well?
take care,
Karen
 
@kaw205 Hi there! You can bet your sweet you-know-what that I am taking that long-lasting Oxycontin in addition to the regular Oxycontins. The long lasting ones are "1 pill every 12 hours" and the others are "1-2 every 4-6 hours". I tried to take those ones every 5 hours, but it's too soon for that. Maybe by this Monday.
@Homeport Thanks for asking about me! It's nice to meet you. What is dihydrcodiene?
@Awriterafoot Yep! You are spot on! Why subject myself to unneeded pain? I remember this is a LONG flipping journey. :)
 
Glad you are back on schedule with the meds - I didn't even think of reducing meds before at least a week, give yourself some time woman!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom