Guest viewing is limited

TKR Roger got a new left knee

I get a twinge now and then. But I back off if I feel that... Or change how I'm holding or moving things. I learned a LONG time ago that I should use my legs to lift, not my back. And I have become very careful with foot placement and turning while carrying or moving heavy things. I can put a little pressure kneeling on carpet and such, but not rest my full weight on it. Full weight on the knee on the concrete was very uncomfortbale and certainly not planned. Even using knee pads it wasn't any better. We'll see as it progresses. But I still need to lose weight.
 
Roger, I'll be extra generous & send you some southern HEAT...100 today with a heat index of 106, but don't return the favor with snow this coming winter :loll:I'm no snowbird!
I'm starting to kneel a little easier on a foam kitchen pad from Wal-mart...not too graceful to watch...have to kneel in private so my husband doesn't make "lewd" comments :th_heehee: or my 20 yo daughter saying "what are you trying to do, the pretzel" .
It feels great to be with our family, enjoying things together.
Have fun!
 
Yesterday was the warmest day of the year so far, we hit 90*... And its cooling and rainy again for the weekend.

Super? I don't think so. I still can't fly..
[Bonesmart.org] Roger got a new left knee


Yeah, that wasn't the brightest thing I did yesterday!!! But I'm not sore or stiff today. I still don't think I'll do that again though! (Luckily, the ground was soft) Still haven't figured out why they make sure I had the biggest ATV of the group, I just have to expend more effort throwing it around the desert...:loll:

And getting to the ground to work under the truck, my son makes fun of how I get there... I'm still bigger than he is.
 
Roger, You live in some beautiful country. I feel the pain at the thought of your photograph. I must have had the wimpy knee replacement style!
 
Thanks Beth! I LOVE my desert... Parts of my desert are still wet and under water. I'm stuck at my desk for too much of this morning, but will be back outside for the rest of the day.

Leap of faith... I don't think I got any better knee or surgery than anyone else, I just refuse to slow down now that I've revved up again! I did tell my crew I was ONLY doing that one time... (I think they were all glad I wasn't wearing a KILT!)
 
:blush: No bagpipes for me... Sorry! My 21 year old daughter is making me a utility type kilt modeled after the Utilikilt brand garments. She seems to think I need to wear one for her wedding... This from the child that still calls me "Hagrid" (like from Harry Potter). Oh, no boyfriend for her yet, so no wedding plans yet either.
 
Re:Roger got a new knee

I am glad to hear you are doing so well.
Everyone is different and oviously you were in good shape before
you had the surgery and did the steps to avoid it until you had to.
Keep up the good work,and I will pray for your wife. Morningstar

LMEVTKR, June 14,2010
 
Roger....you're simply amazing!!!
 
Morningstar, thanks, prayers are always appreciated. Shape? Round is a shape I reckon! I weigh about 280 pounds despite being fairly active.

I don't know about amazing, I'm not always the shiniest dime on the counter! (Thanks Jamie!)
 
Shiny or not, all those dimes spend the same. You're definitely amazing in MY book!
 
Ouch!!! that jump made me hurt. :snork: I haven't even jumped in the pool, let alone a piece of motorized equipment. At least you had your super hero helmet on :th_heehee:.
Beautiful mountain range and desert...looks like God's Country!
Take care!
 
My 21 year old daughter is making me a utility type kilt modeled after the Utilikilt brand garments.

Those kilts are amazing and set the standard for work kilts. :thumb: Funny that you mentioned the kilt for a wedding....I was flipping through mindless t.v. land and came across a Bridezilla episode in which the groom and groomsmen wore kilts. They were a really sharp looking group of men.

Course no one can wear a kilt like Sean Connery. :wink1:

Roger, you'll be jumping for joy in your kilt and we hope to see you doing it. :snork:
 
I have no doubt I can pull off the kilt look. *I* think I have the legs for it. I do wear shorts even for work (evidenced above). While waiting, I am in contact with a guy slimming down selling a larger sized kilt. It should fit me fine. For now. Its plain black, no tartan. Black is slimming, no? My friend here has a Utilikilt Survival. It is indeed a fantastic kilt. I am quite hesitant to pay that sort of money though, just yet. Flat out, if my daughter wants me in a kilt for her wedding, I'll do it up right. Whenever that may be!

Sashayinglady, I LOVE my desert. I even loved the desert when I lived near Death Valley. Its not AS hot here in the summer, but so far this year has been so much cooler... I usually have my house AC on in mid to late April. Here it is mid June and I still haven't turned it on (other than to make sure it works!).

I don't wish to argue with your book, Jamie!!!!

Taking my lady to dinner this evening, we are celebrating our 28th anniversary this evening. I'll not be jumping any tables or from chairs....
 
Taking my lady to dinner this evening, we are celebrating our 28th anniversary this evening.

Congratulations! :thumb: :thumb: It's so nice to hear of couples who have been married for quite a few years. It's becoming rare in this day and age. Maybe you should take her to dinner in your LBK--little black kilt. :biggrin:
 
LBK... I'm just wrapping up where to send the funds right now!!! And at my size, it ain't LITTLE! (I'm not fat, I'm "Gravitationally Enhanced"!)

Thanks (with a humble bow)...
 
No dancing on tabletops either....:th_heehee:....but hope you enjoy your celebration dinner!!!
 
Twenty-eight years, how wonderful. Hope the meal was scrumptious & the company even better. A toast to long relationships:thumb:.
 
Back
Top Bottom