Guest viewing is limited

TKR Rob's Knew Knee

Back from first PT session, and I'm wiped. Numbers weren't great - minus 2 and 86 - but it's a start. All the PTs were amazed that I could straight lift my surgery leg to almost 90 degrees; is that good? Anyway, the funny bone is bone-tired, along with the rest of me. Catch y'all later.
 
Sounds like it was a great session!

I couldn't do a straight leg lift for a while because of my weak quads. That's very good!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
@Rob 68 - Sounds like overall, you're doing great. Nice job of keeping your sense of humor!! :eyebrows: .. I'm at a 3 day countdown... Hoping I do as well as you.. though, my surgery is outpatient.. (WHAT????!!!) yes.. that's what I said.. I plan on taking my meds religiously from the start.. Looking forward to hearing about your continued recovery.. Best of luck!! :)
 
Mine was virtually outpatient; surgery completed around 4 pm Monday, in my wife's outback heading home by 4pm Tuesday. So far, I can honestly say the waiting was the hardest pre-surgery part. Everything in hospital was pretty slick, including post-op pain control (except for the mixed signals on what was and wasn't pain control meds from the checkout people)

If you get Oxy as a pain med, watch it. During and after my PT session today, I took a full on the hour, another half a pill an hour later, than another half a pill an hour after that. When I took another one on schedule, I went straight to an urban Wonderland, circa 1930s Europe, where my wife and I played chase in Bugattis and Deusenberg Roadsters on rose-colored roads made of clouds. She was Alice and I was the Mad Hatter, puffing on one of those new-fangled vaporizers and blowing out prodigious amounts of royal purple smoke.

Other than that, it was a nice nap.
 
@Braunzie I am pulling for ya girl - try to post after - cause I am Thurs and would love to see a recovery post from you before I go.....................
 
@Rob 68 - hahaha! Well, I don't think I need narcotics to have wacko dreams (I share them often with my husband) and he kind of looks at me funny afterwards. :snork: It will be interesting to see if they are "further enhanced" by the drugs.. but I'm Ok with that.. as long as I realize they are DREAMS and don't think I've traversed into another realm of the universe.... :rotfl: (wouldn't be able to RUN very far, that's for sure!)

@iivesfam5 - I'll do my best to give an update as soon as possible.. though.. Give me a little latitude if I'm a little "out there" in my update.. :heehee:
 
Awesome start. Don't let Pt hurt you or force you!!! It's your recovery. If it hurts to bad. Stop try another attempt. If it continues to hurt. Do another day. Xxx good luck!!


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
@Braunzie - Curious about why your surgery is outpatient. Did they give any reasons? I thought/think they rushed the heck outta me. Major surgery should not be rushed, IMO.

@Angel1978 - Good advice, Ms. Angel. I fear my most dangerous foe will be my competitive side. That guy doesn't know when to quit. Have to watch him 24/7.
 
@Rob 68 - I'm having a computer navigated technique - supposed to be faster recovery.. 1/3 of patients our outpatient, 2/3 leave the next day. I was given the choice. Since my husband will be with my, I figured I might as well go home and be in my own bed.. only 30 mins from hospital if for any reason something goes wrong..
 
@Braunzie - Curious about why your surgery is outpatient. Did they give any reasons? I thought/think they rushed the heck outta me. Major surgery should not be rushed, IMO.

@Angel1978 - Good advice, Ms. Angel. I fear my most dangerous foe will be my competitive side. That guy doesn't know when to quit. Have to watch him 24/7.




Lord you have make him stop. He will hurt you. And it will olny make you miserable. I had to fire a few. One well I kept tell her stop. She would not listen. So water went on her lap. Oops uncalled for but she tons warnings...They think they an put us in pain so They have to meet there own goal. And I said no way.

I said you don't know how much pain your putting me in. Some cares some don't. Let us know how it goes. Best luck. Set your foot down. Xxxx to you!!!


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Yep, watch out for Mr. Competitive. :wink: Sounds like you're doing well so far. :thumb:
 
My baby, 5 days old.

[Bonesmart.org] Rob's Knew Knee
 
Thats funny , the dreams !!! . One dream i had, i was in the ukraine uprising and another 1 , i was riding a car through space however i was hanging on from the outside of a car ! Yeah ,pretty scary. And thats why i stopped the oxys after 1 week. Not to mention my GF thought i was going to overdose and i couldnt poop for nine days. Keep up the great work. Before you know it this will all be in the past. You dont have to muscle through your exercises. ! Just try gently. Later, Iceman
 
Sitting here on a Sunday morning, watching the Gentlemans' Final at Wimbledon, and came up with a question for one or more of our medically trained mods or members, @Josephine, perhaps. Tomorrow will be a week since the surgery, and I'm wondering what kind of healing has been going on in there. Parts of my knee are getting that itchy feeling, which I've heard means good things are happening. Would like to know what.

Also seems to me I had to tighten my brace a bit more this morning to keep it as tight as it's been; is that a good thing? Less swelling is always good, right?

Apologize in advance for all the questions, but the inquisitive portion of my brain woke up last night.
 
We have articles about that in the Library - have you found the Library yet?
Closing surgical wounds: how is it done?
Healing: how long does it take?

Feel free to ask again if they don't answer your question.
Oops, forgot about the post-op library. Kinda spent all of my time in the pre-op side, getting ready for the operation. After the operation, was just trying to get through day by day until my mind cleared up a bit. Thanks for the reminder. I will read and absorb all I can.
 
This brace. Doc wants me in it when not icing or exercising for the first 2 weeks, or until the first office visit on July 21. Think it's a personal quirk he has.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Rob's Knew Knee
    image.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 187

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom