Guest viewing is limited

THR Road to recovery

Hi, Layla. Yesterday I entered my 3rd week. Pain is under control, I’ll take a few paracetamol during the day and take a tramadol before I go to bed (really helps, lying on your back is hard if your not a back sleeper) I’m still using the crutches but can walk fine without. Up and down stairs normally although I do have stair rails.
I had to go to the dentist yesterday, my gums were inflamed and bleeding at the back and I was concerned about infection. I rang the surgeon who told me just tell the Dentist you’ve had the op. No antibiotics, the Dentist gave the area a clean and now I’m using a mouth wash and warm salty water a few times a day and everythings ok.
 
Thanks for the update @Eddie 1
It sounds as though you're doing really well. :yes!: :yay:
I agree about the back sleeping. Side sleeper, myself.
Adjusted to back sleeping while in recovery but it wasn't easy.
It seems the protocol for dental visits is as varied as the protocol for TEDS and DVT cuffs.
I'll bet you're glad the dental visit is behind you.
Don't be a stranger here....Hope your weekend is awesome!
 
Yay for things getting better.
Still early days, but looking for more good reports in the weeks to come.
Have a good weekend!:ice:
 
Just past the 1 month mark. Went in to see the physio and everything’s on track, I then went for a walk to get some shopping. Boy was that a mistake:-) halfway home I knew I’d gone to far! So I’ve rested up for two days and easing back into things today. Slow and steady’s the way to go
 
Oh Yea, it doesn't hurt until you've stopped doing it.
I hit the OverDid It Club several times before I figured out less did more for healing purposes.
Hope all eases soon
 
Realizing our limitations can be difficult at first.
Live and learn. Thankfully there is :yawn: :sleep: and :ice: to help us through.
No more ODIC :nah:
Hope you're feeling better today.
A great week to you! @Eddie 1
 
8 weeks post op. Saw my surgeon at 7 weeks and he gave the all clear for all activities, but to take it steady and listen to my body. I tried going back to work the following Monday but after giving it half a day I went home. A lot of tightness around the scar and I could feel the hip wasn’t appreciating it:-) I’ll give it another go on the 10th week.
 
So I’m now 10 and a half weeks post op. I went back to work a week ago and that’s gone ok. I started cycling at 8 weeks and that’s been good too but last night while out for a ride I saw a friend on the side of the road. I slowed down and started cycling next to him while he walked when i lost my balance and tipped sideways saving myself on my op leg!! It didn’t seem a heavy contact or bother me at the time but today although walking is ok, going up stairs hurts my whole leg!! The hip at the top on the outside edge is quite tender too. Could I have bruised the bone/ muscle when I jarred my leg?
 
Could I have bruised the bone/ muscle when I jarred my leg?
Soft tissues and muscles around that new hip are still very tender. Any jarring will result in internal inflammation. Ice and elevate. Meds if needed. Rest for a bit before cycling again.
 
Thanks Jaycey, you’ve put my mind at rest. I was having all sorts of thoughts of fractured femurs etc...:-(
 
Those muscles went through alot of trauma...
And remember...no falling down and going boom!
Give your poor leg some extra TLC and I bet it will be back on track soon.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom