Guest viewing is limited

THR Road to recovery

So glad you are getting SOME relief. Staying ahead of it once you get it sorted will really help.
I really hope you over the toughest part.
:console2:
 
I couldn't get comfortable enough to really sleep long periods for quite a while. Had to make due with naps made possible by RX meds.
This is the tough stuff. Do only what you must for a few more days and I'm guessing you will feel like you might want to live again.
Really is worth it.:yes:
 
Thanks everyone. Everything’s calmed down now, just the expected soreness and weakness:-)
 
Good news!
I hope the rest of your week is peaceful and relaxing.
Give us an update when you're able. We'd love to hear how your doing.
A great day to you!
@Eddie 1
 
Thank goodness. I had about a half day in the hospital where I had that horrible pain that didn't have worked out yet...traumatizing.
Glad all is eased off and you can relax...get as comfortable as is possible at this point, and leave that behind.
All temporary...and honestly, things are so good with my new hips...I can't regret walking through the fire to get her.
Healing mojo coming your way!
 
Hi @Eddie 1
Checking in to say Hi and see how your week progressed beyond Tuesday.
Hopefully you're resting comfortably and your pain is well managed.
Give us an update when you're able, we'd love to hear how you're doing.
Best wishes for a great weekend of continued healing!
 
Well today’s 2 weeks post op. I went in to have my stitches removed and a follow up physio appointment. I’m down to 1 cane although I take both out just in case:-) Had a walk around the shops and now I’m back home relaxing. Any pain is more or less gone.
 
Very nice! Today is my 2 week post-op too. I did 20 minute stroll through the grocery store and a pedicure. I am exhausted and definitely felt the physical drain on my operated leg. Came home to rest and ice. I am hugely amazed how rapidly the healing has happened in the last couple of days. In the first week or two I thought I would never get better. Now, I am like "let's see what I can do tomorrow"!
 
Yay Eddie. Isn't it amazing.
:egypdance::ok::egypdance:
Keep it slow and know there is still healing happening...and by summer ...you'll be golden.
Great job...onward and upward!
 
Thats awesome ...i am starting my 8th week post op posterior but still very very cautious bout what i do and where i go...Walking very well and driving locally running errands and such but I know it takes time and i am in no hurry..Wish i had done the hip sooner but it is amazing the lack of pain now..Good luck in your continue recovery..So grateful for this site and forum.
 
Sounds like you're doing great. Keep up the good work!
How wonderful you're suffering little or no pain.
Best wishes for a great weekend!
@Eddie 1
 
@Eddie 1
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.
 
Thank you Ms Layla...Easy does it for me..Obviously everyone has their own speed but i look at as a journey not a dedtination...one day at a time..Hope you have a great weekend.
 
Hi @Korver
You're welcome. I'm going to come over and visit you on your thread.
Here I come....
 
I may be confused..Is this not my thread Ms Layla..lol...anyway so excited to report for the first time since sleeping in the bed three weeks ago i slept through the whole night without a potty trip or having to get up and move..close to 8 hours...with the pillow between my legs..I call that a WIN
 
Yep, @Korver this is the thread of @Eddie 1
I'm sure he didn't mind us visiting, he seems friendly.
But.....you have your own thread which Mojo just posted above.
I'll hop on over and leave you a message

Hi there @Eddie 1
Hopefully you're still experiencing little or no pain.
I'll bet you're settling into a routine by now.
Hoping your weekend is going well so far.
 
Hi there @Eddie 1
Wondering how you're doing at 3 weeks post op?
Hope all is going well for you.
Please update us when you're able. We'd love cheer you on as you continue your recovery.
Hope your weekend is great!!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom