TKR Rita's recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on, Rita, there's also that oh so romantic slooooooooooooooow dancing. [Bonesmart.org] Rita's recovery
 
glad you are doing well by the time i see surgeon wife might have talked me into dancing. happy for you
 
Looking back, when I was at the same stage of recovery you are, I wasn't thinking much about romance either.

I have three files in My Pictures where I have saved images that I surfed the web for. And sometimes when I am typing a post and don't have an appropriate image, I open a new tab and Google what I want---like for the image in the slow dancing post to you, asked for images of "couples slow dancing" and selected what I liked and "saved image as" in one of my files. So I guess I do have a private library. I even save smiles I see in other posts here on BoneSmart that I like.
 
Am resting today after an action packed weekend. Lovely trip to London to visit my daughter & to see Matthew Bourne's 'Play Without Words' at Sadlers Wells. Very well looked after throughout & also had a lovely opportunity to catch up with son no 3 & daughter-in-law, who are newly pregnant! We have 2 new grandchildren on the way ..... so blessed.
Knee bore up well throughout. Need to stop thinking in terms of 'taking my knee' or it 'taking me' places. Time to get holistic I think, me & my knee ARE ONE. Just waiting for the brain to catch up & for it to feel that way.
The sun is shining today & the temp is 26 ... at last. Soooo lovely:SUNsmile:
Oh & by the way - we won the Tour de France, & did I mention the Olympics? Really felt the atmosphere in London, very exciting. I shall be an armchair athlete/swimmer/gymnast/sailor & everything else I've never achieved!:cocktail:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Rita's recovery So glad you've finally got sun and nice temps. Your trip to London sounds a great success and your knee behaving was a plus. Little ones are a blessing--I will be a great-grandmother the end of September--grandson I raised and his wife are having a little boy. I'm quite excited myself about it. Congrats to you guys for winning the Tour de France. I imagine the atmosphere in London is quite charged with the Olympics just around the corner. Oh, btw, I am also a fan of the balanced meal!
 
Hi swimming went well going tommorow i now most of people in pool from going before was reguler,and they made sure i was okay on steps in and out.Attendant advised after walking in 3 foot to goto 5 foot near steps so water took more weight and do knee bends and lifts,after 30 mins i tried swimming manage nearly 3 leangth used to do 40 before long way to go,feels very funny breastsroke with knee not moving as much.What surprised me more was how much could feel either knee cap or whatever moving in knee feel it when walking a bit but this all time wiered. Got to do well grandkids coming home for a few days and they are like 2 fish have been told they cant wait to throw nunkey nose in pool and splash him can you guess who nunkey nose is.They are 7 and 5 and i could beat them before at swimming think i will need head start now.Have you been out door pool yet all this good weather or still relaxing after was it shopping or theater trip ,probably shopping.
 
Think my calorie burning munchkin in my new knee is slowing down - such a shame. What a lovely 6 weeks of not stepping on the scales. Can just begin to feel the waistbands tightening again - ah me :sad:
 
Yes i think i am same felt good for a few weeks now exercising more must be eating more .Been pool today plenty of knee bend and also did 4 leangth breastroke and 4 backstroke and i feel a lot better,used to love exercise before now sometimes feels like a drag might be better when i can get on bike.Wished i had booked holiday next month instead of sept seems like a long time now suns gone again.
 
Your weekend sounded wonderful, reetpteet, and at only six weeks after your surgery that sounds amazing to me. I'm kind of putting the three and even four months after my surgery out of the picture, but now you have given me hope that I may well have a life sooner than I had hoped :thankyou:

Kathy
xx
 
Went to bed last night 23.15h tired. Still awake at 01.00h, still tired! Got up, cup of cocoa, slice of toast + 1 episode of Mad Men then back to bed at 02.15 & off to sleep. What a strange time this is :skep:
 
Glad you had a great time Rita and congrats on the soon to be arrivals! Grandchildren are the best!:thumb:
 
Think I realise this week that I have reached a bit of a 'plateau'. I look normal (ish!), I can walk OK (if you don't look too closely) & can do everyday things. So externally at least all is NORMAL. However I feel totally ABNORMAL still. I don't want people asking me all the time 'are you OK?' - & yet at the same time I want say 'actually no, I'm not quite OK'. Messes with your head this TKR business! :what:
 
Yes Rita this TKR business does mess with your head!!!! However, don't forget you're still young in the recovery game! And I am saying this as much for myself as I am for you. My husband keeps saying, wow you're walking so good, he was use to seeing me walk hunched over like a 90 year old woman. What he doesn't realize is that it takes every ounce of my being to keep my back straight and not watch my feet as my hips continue to want to limp. ABNORMAL is a good description for the feeling, so my dear you are not alone with this inner feeling, I am right along side with you! It's all in our heads, and hopefully soon our bodies will make our mines a believer!:friends:
 
Rita, tonight's Olympic Opening Ceremony IS very exciting and it looks like the weather will cooperate! :happydance: It will start at 7:30 pm on TV on the U.S. east coast, can't wait!
Friends we will always remain, my BoneSmartie friend we are bonded at the knees! :heehee:
 
Taking on board everything you and Jacky say, on board. You're both doing amazingly well considering it's pretty early days. Am in awe of you both :)

Kathy
xx
 
Rita, you are so right, the Eyes of the world are watching the Olympic Opening Ceremony in the UK and you know what, it is awesome! Very emotional! The UK has out done themselves! Job well done! It goes to show that there are great people all over this world! :friends:
 
I'm taping it and starting it two hours late so I can whizz past the commercials. Don't give the surprises away away!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom