TKR Rita's recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knee held up well in Tenerife. Walking (well strolling!) swimming, dancing all achieved successfully. Didn't see one other single knee scar on the beach or by the pool. I did set off the security alarm at the customs gate & it wasn't enpoough to show them my Joint Action 'credit card', I still had to be frisked!!! Can't believe it has been 8 months, need the numbness to go a bit then it would feel more 'normal'. Mustn't complain though, I AM mended :yes:
 
Nine months today!!!! All going well (except the brain part) Knee still feels alien & still have a numb shin - anyone else got this after this length of time? BUT ............ no pain :flwrysmile:
 
Congratulations on your 9th month anniversary Rita!:yay: Yup, I got the "except the brain" part too!:heehee: Oops, I think I let out too much!:loll: That being said though, my knee still feels alien when it click and clunks when I walk sometimes, and I do have some numbness around the knee itself, but not the shin. Ahhhh, the NO pain part is the most wonderful part, me thinks!:thumb:
Stay well kiddo!
 
Yes, my knee still feels alien and clicks a fair bit with a big numb patch on side.
I still get some pain too.....
 
Congrats from me too, Rita, on your nine month anniversary :thumb: Happy all is going well with you and I'm sure your brain works just as well too :heehee:
 
Hello friends - I have been neglecting you all, bad person!
Have been away for a couple of weeks in caravan, one week in Oxford, beautiful city & then another in the midlands where hubby had 2 preaching invitations back where we used to live. All is well with me - 11 months on Monday, can't believe it! Except my doc was honest when answered my question about how long before I feel 'normal' when he said 1-2 years!!!!
Other knee a bit painful at the minute, hope it just a blip.
I need to read your threads to catch up on all the goss. Loads of love, Rita xxx
 
Welcome back Rita! Nice to see you back on, that being said, it sure is nice to hear you're enjoying yourself! Isn't it unbelievable how fast 11 months fly by! LEGOLAND sounds like fun with 18 of you to boot! Sorry to hear that your other knee is giving you problems, if its not one thing it's another in this game called life! Enjoy yourself on Sunday kiddo! I wish you more good days, than bad and more happy days, than sad my friend!
 
Welcome back and you have been in van as well ours still sat on drive ralleys keep getting cancelled fields to wet.This week end not bothering going down south babysitting Monday.When we come back my wife is going away with painting group for a few days then 2 June flying to Spain to Lloret de mar for week to get some sun with daughter and kids then hopefully van out for rest of year.Legoland is a good time been a few times.Knee is working fine managed to get out on bike, swimming just as good and even walking down hill finally getting there and up to now 8 mile walking,but still does not feel as though my knee.Rung hospital today about year follow up and told i only see orthonurse and do not need x ray, surgeon does not see you anymore they said.Brain part never did work okay too many rocks fell on me mining so i blame.
 
I had a four year check up today and they did do xrays and I saw the doc. He told me I don't have to come back until 2015. It did seem a little silly--20 min for the xrays, which was perfectly fine and 5 minutes with my surgeon.
 
Rita, I have just read your entire thread. You are such an inspiration. I am now 4 weeks past my RTKR. Most of the time I feel I am doing well, however some days, and today is one, I just feel so down and tired of this recuperation process. I ended up in tears today after spilling a can of soda and a glass of water within 1 hour! I was so frustrated that I just couldn't jump up and take care of it. I know i am just feeling sorry for myself right now - and it will pass. It was wonderful to read about how well you are doing. It gives me hope. I still work full time and I truly love my job. Being off all this time has been very hard. I am hopeful of returning within another 2 weeks - probably part time to begin with. I wish you the best and hope you continue to improve and enjoy life every day.
 
Except my doc was honest when answered my question about how long before I feel 'normal' when he said 1-2 years!!!!
Welcome back! It is great to hear from you and read of what is going on with you and your life! It is wonderful to read of your successes---thank you for posting---others who may be struggling with issues post-op need to read of the "long road" and the "long haul." In the end, though, it may take a year or longer, but, as you have attested, it is so very much worth it!
 
Good to hear from you, Rita. Hope you had a great time at Legoland yesterday. We all went to Old MacDonald's Farm near Braintree in Essex. A great place for the little uns.

Hope your other knee doesn't keep bothering you too much.

RICBAK1, we had our honeymoon in Lloret. That was 40 years ago in September. Bet it's changed a lot since then. We stayed at the Hotel Copacabana, which I believe is still there!
 
Kathy can beat you by 4 years never been to Lloret before it is just a quick cheap as possible break grandaughter was telling her Mam that she had not been in sun for such a long time in her swimming costume,so grandma was on phone straight away booking holiday for us all.I cant wait we all swim like fish and grandad is big whale.I think kids get a bit envious of there Mam always going somewhere warm i know i do she is air steward this week we are looking after kids Mam is of to Florida on a bullet as she calls it just stay 12 hours.
 
That's lovely that you are taking your grandkids away with you. I'm sure you'll all have a great time in Lloret, particularly in the water. I'm sure you're not really a whale :heehee:

If I wasn't so scared of flying, I would love to have been an air stewardess, although I know it's not as glamorous as it seems. But it does mean you get to see a lot of the world. My other choice would have been a midwife - so rather different choices :heehee:

At the time of our honeymoon, I wouldn't fly so we went all that way by train/bot/train and more trains. Carrying our luggage all the way! It was a complete nightmare. Though we did get to stop off in Paris going and coming, but only time for a meal and not sightseeing.

I do fly now, but only with the help of pills from the doctor mixed with plenty of whisky and cokes - it's the only way to get me up there :whistle:
 
Hi yes my daughter has been to just about every country in world and we have been to a lot she can take us with her anywhere in world for £90 classed as crew.Glamourous no, daughter is fed up of walking atlantic my worst trip was to Dominican captain has to give permission and this one did not like crew taking family so he said my seat was in toilet after take off 13 good hours but crew felt sorry for me and carried me of plane they kept giving me drinks but we had a good time.She is only part time now with having kids so only goes away for 4/5 days now so no more trips with her.
 
My new avatar - me with all my grandaughters on Legoland weekend. We had lots of fun, what a blessing families are. Knees held up well!:happydance:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom