TKR Rita's recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rita, I just caught up on your thread and man are you one busy cookie!:thumb: You have the cutest granddaughters, such lovely little ladies!
My goodness, climbing steep steps, Yoga, Pilates, walking four and a quarter (not to be forgotten) miles, taking piano lessons, and Zumba to boot, my girl, you are living life to the fullest my dear, great for you!:happydance: Rita you are quite an insipration to many of us! You go girl!
Not to worry my dear, I too will get there, I just hopped on a little slower train for a short time, however I don't know if I could fit in as much as you have.:)

Stay well my friend and keep on, keep'n on!:friends:
 
Aaah Rita, your granddaughters are all beautiful. You must be so proud. You are fitting such a lot in now and you will only progress with your piano lessons. How long have you been learning to play the piano?
 
Ages Kathy - since I retired at 60, although you wouldn't know to hear me play! I have been busy doing other things though, 5 granddaughters & a new knee is enough to keep anyone occupied!
 
OK - so I went to Zumba this morning & did a 'modified' (old ladies, TKR) version of what everyone else was doing & I feel alright at the minute! Am icing my knee - just in case - whilst preparing vegetables to make Sweet Piccalilli, yum. Will keep you posted x
 
It sounds like you have done really well with the Zumba, Rita. And now making sweet piccalili, mmmmm.
 
Rita, sometimes the terms are different between the countries, so when you say tights are you meaning a workout type outfit, or here tights are like a thicker pantyhose type legging? Either way, you go girl and way to go with trying out Zumba. Janet, if you can't see yourself doing Zumba (I never tried it either) have you ever tried Leslie Sansone's work out DVD's. I love them. That is what helped me lose all my weight. I even did a 20 minute slow easy mile at 3 weeks after LTKR. No pressure to look good as you are in your own home. I am back to doing my regular one, but I don't do the 5 miles. PT only wants me doing one mile for now.
 
Yes Debbie, you are right - when I say tights I mean what you call pantyhose. The challenge being that both legs are fastened together!!!
 
Well Rita just finished reading your story and you have done so well. You really are an inspiration. It is so nice to read how well it can go..... nice and slow....... thats exactly how i want to do it cos it took me so long to have the courage to do it. Hope you are doing well at zumba and enjoying those lovely grand daughters. Take care x x x :cocktail:
 
I can't imagine doing all the twisting that's involved in Zumba . Good luck with it. I prefer not to wear tights but its getting a bit cold for bare legs now
 
Well - have been celebrating my 20 weeks milestone this last week. I am particularly realising that one really good thing about Bonesmart is that you can keep on celebrating/moaning as much as you want! Nobody (nearest & dearest get to hear it anyway!) wants to hear how very 'odd/alien' this knee still feels after 20 weeks.
No Zumba this week, it is our Half Term. I didn't do any twisting/jumping or stamping ..... I probably looked a complete idiot actually ..... but hey, who cares! The good thing was that I had no extra pain afterwards so that has given me confidence to be a little bit more energetic next time.
I am posting my knee pics at last, an onward progression from Week 1 to Week 20.
Was doing stretches using the stairs yesterday & noticed that the knee that bends the furthest is the TKR one!
As I am typing this I just noticed someones thread 'title' above my post - Slow, Slow, Quick, Quick, Slow - couldn't put it any better, brilliant description of both a foxtrot & a TKR recovery!
Thanks for being there Bonesmartie friends, love receiving your messages :thankyou:
 
Rita, sometimes the terms are different between the countries, so when you say tights are you meaning a workout type outfit, or here tights are like a thicker pantyhose type legging? Either way, you go girl and way to go with trying out Zumba. Janet, if you can't see yourself doing Zumba (I never tried it either) have you ever tried Leslie Sansone's work out DVD's. I love them. That is what helped me lose all my weight. I even did a 20 minute slow easy mile at 3 weeks after LTKR. No pressure to look good as you are in your own home. I am back to doing my regular one, but I don't do the 5 miles. PT only wants me doing one mile for now.
Just Googled (is there anything Mr google doesn't know?) Leslie Sansone & it looks really good. I guess you could do a workout to any lively music & assume that after about 15 mins you have done a mile? How does the 5 mile work - sounds like torture! I could do to shift about 7lbs & I am soooo feeble at losing weight, can feel my abdo getting bigger though, must beware!!!
 
Just Googled (is there anything Mr google doesn't know?) Leslie Sansone & it looks really good. I guess you could do a workout to any lively music & assume that after about 15 mins you have done a mile? How does the 5 mile work - sounds like torture! I could do to shift about 7lbs & I am soooo feeble at losing weight, can feel my abdo getting bigger though, must beware!!!
I worked myself up to the 5 mile workout. I started after my hip replacement at about 7 or 8 weeks and I did a mile of it with a group of ladies at the RV park where we winter. By the end of our time in Arizona I was up to the 5 miles. Yes you could dance to nay music, but with the Leslie Sansone DVD, it is counted the number of times your feet hit the ground to make a mile. I am still only doing a mile, but would like to do two and see if the knee repels. It does repel when I walk outside on the road, but the Leslie DVDs seem to not bother my knee. Lots of different movements. Speaking of that, I think it is time for Dave and I to go do our workout.
 
Well Happy 20 weeks Rita. Youve made amazing progress. Im so jealous. Im still going day to day and doing my best and met my physio therapist today who believes in the slow and easy method of physio thank goodness. didnt think my knee would hurt this much afterwards tho. Icing and elevating yes. I would love a nice soak in the bath but not sure when we can have our first one. so much to learn. Take care x
 
Congrats Rita! Who knew 20 weeks could go so fast! It looks like you're enjoying life again, which is what new knees are suppose to do!:yay:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom