TKR Rita's recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved travling in France. I love those farmhouses in the south of France---I want one, they are so charming. we traveled in a VW camper. As far as I am concerned, the smaller, the better.
 
Bonjour mes amis. I am in my caravan just a hop away from Mont St Michel - really beautiful. Having a great holiday, knee not stopping me doing anything yet (well I haven't done bungy jumping) Have swum in pools & in sea. Climbed some steep steps today up a chateau (& came down again) Sightseeing as normal, not done any long walks though.
Not needing any painkillers now, even at bedtime, forgot for a few nights & realised I was fine without them. Knee swelling/stiffening etc quite unpredictably but on the whole starting (dare I say it?) to feel more ........... normal (shhhh). Have I had a day when I didn't think about it? NO. A morning? NO. A couple of hours .... YES. :yay:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Rita's recovery
a toast with French wine to you and your knee, Rita. Your vacation sounds a dream.

Keep having fun.
[Bonesmart.org] Rita's recovery
 
All this and only 3 months post op, I'd say you're doing just great!!
 
How wonderful to feel normalish ha h. Sounds as if you are having a wonderful trip , it must be good to get away from everything and try to forget it all. Enjoy the rest of your trip xx
 
I have a new grandaughter, born today 7lbs 14ozs & as yet unnamed! She is grandaughter number 5 & another one is coming in January, I am so blessed.:happydance:
Seeing Consultant on Wed for 3 month (although it will have been 4) x-ray & check up. Will give further knee update then.
Bye :SUNsmile:
 
Oh how wonderful, a new granddaughter. Are you saying you have all granddaughters and no grandsons? Doesn't matter, they are all a blessing. I can't wait for my second grandchild, have to wait until April.
 
Yes - all grandaughters! I have 3 sons & 1 daughter so I was very used to boys! They are all delightful (of course). This grandaughter is number 3 for my eldest son & his wife.
 
Congratulations!
Such good things going on in your life right now! I second the toast with French wine!
Sandy
 
Many congratulations, Rita, on the birth of your new granddaughter, bless her. Your granddaughters could form a female five-a-side football team :heehee:
 
Yes - all grandaughters! I have 3 sons & 1 daughter so I was very used to boys! They are all delightful (of course). This grandaughter is number 3 for my eldest son & his wife.
Congratulations on birth of you new grand daughter, so much fun ahead for you all xx
 
Rita, congratulations on the new granddaughter! I have all boys so far, sure would like just one baby girl! At least I have a daughter.
 
Hi everyone - 4 month update. I saw my consultant on Wednesday this week & he said everything is 'perfect'. I asked when it would FEEL perfect & he said give it 1-2 years!!!! He's a nice guy & straight talking, so I appreciate his candour. I even took him a bottle of french wine as a Thank You. My hubby said "if you had reminded me in the supermarche we could have got a better quality bottle" - to which I replied "this will do just fine, I'm not THAT grateful!" I told him about Bonesmart & he was really interested & said he would tell his patients .... result!
I visited a friend this week who had a TKR last week & lent him my cryo cuff. He had bought the 'Knee Owners Manual' on my recommendation (& so had his neighbour) but was still to visit Bonesmart, I really encouraged him & hope that he will.
Another milestone (literally) today. It was a lovely sunny morning so we went for our first proper 'country ramble/walk' since TKR. We parked the car at a local beauty spot called Monsal Head which has a remarkable view along Monsal Dale - Peak District scenery at it's best, & the did a circular four and a quarter (don't forget the quarter!) mile walk. It was a good test for my knee as I had to climb over several stiles & walk on all kinds of uneven & different types of surfaces. It was just fine. We spent a little time at the end drinking coffee & munching a cheeese scone whilst enjoying the view. I felt very pleased & quite proud of myself. It's now 5 hrs since we got in from our walk & I am not in pain, I iced & elevated on return (just in case) & it seems ok.
No more news for now - except to say that grandaughter no 5 is to be called Imogen Sara.
Twenty weeks will be coming up soon, I might post my knee pics (I'm a bit shy!) we'll see. Or I might post a pic of Baby Imogen, she's much more attractive than my knee.
To my June buddies - I need to spend a bit of time catching up with all your threads - but Jacky & Kathy, so sorry you have been having a difficult time, I am thinking about you & hoping you both start to feel better soon. Janet - you are doing all the American autumnal things that we just read about over here - Hay Rides indeed! Well done you.
Life's good, Praise God.:yay:
 
Rita, that's an excellent four month report. AND that you just walked four and a quarter miles (no, couldn't forget the quarter :heehee:) is fantastic! Well done you :flwrysmile:

Aaah, Imogen is truly a lovely name and yes, we would love to see pics of her. You must be feeling very happy and you certainly deserve to be. Long may it continue my friend :thumb:

Don't worry about me, by the way, I'll get there in the end, by hook or by crook :heehee:
 
First piano lesson today since before my TKR - now I KNOW that this surgery mushes the brain - I was rubbish! Ah well, better get practising.
Also - I have spoken to a Zumba teacher today & I am going to join her class on Monday, watch this space ....
I could do Yoga or Pilates but to be honest I fancy something a bit more lively, so we'll see.
Attaching a pic of Imogen with her 2 big sisters Evie & Bess. [Bonesmart.org] Rita's recovery
Stay well everyone, lovin' your stories. What was life before/without Bonesmart?
 
Lovely photo! Zumba!? Does that not involve a lot of twisting for knees?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom