THR RinTinTin Recovery Thread

Hi @CricketHip...
Happy to hear you found the way to declutter the garage and make room for your husbands "new" old sport car. I bet you used a lot of bins to store the items from the garage :heehee:
You are right... I can't fully return to work until completely healed.
I can still work on easier tasks, as I help people with moves... pack them, organize and supervise the move... unpack on the other side... etc.
 
Nuh uh, garages are for cars. Especially in the frozen tundra of Minnesnowta
six months out of the year. No scraping of windows everyday in those freezing temps and falling on my you-know-what! Some of us even heat our garages and thankfully hubs likes to make fishing lures out there in the Winter so he'll keep the heat in the upper 40's - low 50's the majority of the time and crank it up while he's working out there. Me likey...I'm not complaining.
How do we get on these odd subjects, lol...

Have a good one! @RinTinTin
 
Here in Vancouver, in response to our soaring real estate prices, garages are now being routinely replaced with "laneway residences;" small footprint 2 level homes to replace garages and function as rentals to help homeowners with a "mortgage helper."
 
Happy Friday @RinTinTin. How was your week?
I am so glad it's the week's end. I may have overbooked myself this week, but the hips held up like champions. Better than my brain did. :heehee:
 
Hello @RinTinTin
Hope you're doing well and not suffering too badly with your left hip. About six weeks to go. Righty will be getting stronger week by week and I'll bet by the first of the year you'll be feeling so much better. I hope you have a nice weekend!
 
Happy Friday @RinTinTin. How was your week?
I am so glad it's the week's end. I may have overbooked myself this week, but the hips held up like champions. Better than my brain did. :heehee:

Happy Friday evening to you too @CricketHip. Good to hear you are doing fine. Take it easy... your brain deserves break too! :flwrysmile:
 
Last edited:
Hello @RinTinTin
Hope you're doing well and not suffering too badly with your left hip. About six weeks to go. Righty will be getting stronger week by week and I'll bet by the first of the year you'll be feeling so much better. I hope you have a nice weekend!

Hi @Layla... You are right, the righty is getting stronger. I just feel some stiffness which is normal I guess. Saw my PT on Tuesday. She was impressed with my ROM but was terrified to hear all the grinding noises in my lefty. Had a nice talk with her about my recovery. I am doing fine considering my "good" hip is deteriorating. She gave me few new exercises to try to strengthen the righty as much as I can before the December surgery. I still walk between 4 - 5K steps per day. Could probably do more but want to spare and preserve the lefty as much as I can.
I hope you have a nice and worry free weekend too! :SUNsmile:
 
4-5,000 steps sounds like the perfect distance,, good for you! I just did some math, are you really at 7 weeks in your recovery now? Poor lefty... :groan:
 
You got me! That's what I get for doing any computations on a Friday night. :loll:
oops!
But even 5 plus weeks, how did it zip by so quickly?
I bet December 3rd can't come quickly enough for you. :praying:
 
But even 5 plus weeks, how did it zip by so quickly?
I bet December 3rd can't come quickly enough for you. :praying:

Yes, time flies... sometimes it's good... sometimes I wish I am still in my thirties :heehee:
December 3rd will come quickly. Soon I am going to receive another "Surgery package" from my OS office and start going to all the pre-checkups.
Have a wonderful weekend @CricketHip and everyone!
 
When you get that other hip fixed up, i bet you will feel like you are back in your thirties by the summer next year!
Hope your weekend is sweet. :friends:
 
When you get that other hip fixed up, i bet you will feel like you are back in your thirties by the summer next year!
Hope your weekend is sweet. :friends:

Ha! that would be something... but unfortunately I will never run marathons again and do heavy squats at the gym.
and I am prepared for that... there are so may other activities out there to discover and enjoy! :yes!:
 
@RinTinTin Please baby that left hip. If it is making noticeable noise you don't want a collapse. Lifting and pushing anything heavy can also have an impact.
 
@RinTinTin Please baby that left hip. If it is making noticeable noise you don't want a collapse. Lifting and pushing anything heavy can also have an impact.

Thanks @Jaycey... I am really not pushing anything and trying to preserve my lefty as much as I can.
What does "collapsed hip" means? I've heard that term so many times but even my PT couldn't really describe it to me.
 
What does "collapsed hip" means?
It's similar to this. The femural head (ball part of the socket) wears down so it is no longer round. In my case it also partially slipped out of the acetabulum (cup part). It is extremely painful and does impact many other areas of the body if while you try and shift your weight off the hip.

[Bonesmart.org] RinTinTin Recovery Thread
 
What does "collapsed hip" means?
It's similar to this. The femural head (ball part of the socket) wears down so it is no longer round. In my case it also partially slipped out of the acetabulum (cup part). It is extremely painful and does impact many other areas of the body if while you try and shift your weight off the hip.

Collapse.png
Ooops! does not look pretty! :(
 
How are you doing? :wave: Hanging in there with one good hip and one bad hip?
I hope you've had a good week and sending wishes for a nice weekend. :SUNsmile:
Hang in there....Thirty nine days to go!
@RinTinTin
 
:wave:

Uhm, are you ignoring us? :heehee: seriously, I know you aren't but would love to hear how you are doing this week.
Are you seeing some improvement in the healing of the new hip? I'm sorry you have to wait until December for the other surgery. sigh.
Happy Friday and have a great weekend!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom