TKR Right TKR July 10...the start of something big!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Dee Dee, just read through your thread and something you said jumped out at me.

"Patience is a virtue that is one of life's hardest lessons to learn. I will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER ask to learn patience again....(I didn't ask for it this time but sometimes you have lessons given to you wether you want it or not!"

Um, YEAH! Been there, done that, and I too WILL NOT EVERRRRRRR PRAY FOR PATIENCE AGAIN!!!! And I'm not just talking about recovering from Knee Replacement. This is not my thread, or even the forum to go into , " NIGHTMARE ON MY STREET!" lol We'd have to call The Whambulance, Whine11, Oprah, Dr Oz and Dr Phil if I were to go into it. :rotfl:

I am no where near superstitious, but I do believe in the Power of Prayer and that God will answer in the order He chooses. Seems like the "Patience Prayer" is high up on his list. :umm: Um, no it's not an instant answer, ya kinda gotta experience trials to get that one. :heehee:

I wanted to let you know that I understand, and you're not alone on this roller coaster ride. We might as well just throw our hands up in the air and say Weeeee! :yay: Perhaps we can take our show in the road and take turns bench pressing that Buick. lol Oh, and I can guarantee you that "yours truly" will NOT be whipping out THAT petition again. :loll: He can hit me up with some Grace and Mercy & Joy and Peace. Lol :angel:

Glad your knee is finally coming around. I'm on my second knee now. :umm: Hopefully your back will settle down soon. :beg:

By the way, the good news is... I DO have patience. :yes: Prayer answered! :rotfl: :egypdance: :rotfl: :egypdance:

And we thought WE had a sense of humor. :skep:
 
I actually have back issues (from a wreck last year....) and am "supposed" to be having an SI Joint fusion next month, but I'm going to try and put it off as long as possible. I'm just not sure I'm physically up to having anouther surgery or being off work for that matter. I'm going to see the doctor tomorrow and will hope (and pray) that he can give me something to help reduce some of the pain. I'm "hoping" it's just because my gait is much different than it was presurgery and the back is trying to get use to how I'm "supposed" to walk instead of how I was walking and it will go away. (Or that I can keep drowning my pain in pain killers....LOL)

I thank God for my Tens unit....I don't think I'd be able to tolerate much with out it.

As far as the knee...I still feel like I have a weight on my knee, but the stability and mobility have become much more dependable. I'm about 110 on my flexion and 0+ on extension so that part is ok....still working on getting the flexion better but that will come in time.
 
Dee Dee I hope it's the gait thing too. I've had back problems in the past due to car accidents. Folks in my neck the woods love to ride up all on top of you. Sometimes I'm like... "HAVE WE MET!" lol

Once my back went out, due to the way I was walking (I had a broken toe, but didn't know it.. LONG STORY :yawn:) When I went to the chiropractors office I could see how my pelvic bone was slanted on the xray. It took a few visits, but he worked it back in place. I go back from time to time when I feel it flaring up. I'd love to go on a regular base$ but um... :umm:I can't afforrd to have too many Drs on my payroll. :skep:

Your knee sounds like it's moving along, it's still a wittle baby. :bicycle2:

Speaking of knees, I have my newborn strapped into it's carseat Oops, I mean CPM machine and my oven timer is going off. Gotta get out of this contraption and see if our dinner's ready.

Enjoy the rest of your day :flwrysmile:
 
Hey Dee Dee! I think it is the new way you are walking. I also am having sciatic problems on the non TKR knee side. Ouchy! I walk like Frankenstein's bride. I am laughing at it because I know it looks hysterical but it doesn't feel funny at all!!! Stretching and heat help. I am going back to my OS on Monday for my knee but will absolutely mention my left side to him at the visit. I get a shiny knee and the other side falls apart??? It will all work out. I hope you don't have to have your back surgery and it only takes some stretches to get you going again. I may not know how you feel but I know that I didn't sign up for this too. Hang in there, sweetie. This to will work itself out.

Take care.


Sent from my presidential platinum ODIC iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
AH the deaded back issue. Count me in as well. I also have an existing back problem but it seems to be a common complaint with this surgery. It's either that or as a good friend of mine once said," When you hit 40 it all starts to wear out, fall out and spread out." :rotfl: Good thing they have replacement parts. :snork:
wanda
 
FINALLY.....I've been waiting for this to happen and it did. :spin: Today my sister and her kids and I went to a park near my house and decided we were just going to enjoy a beautiful day being outside. She brought along a foot ball - so I got up to join (as I always have) and I actually played the ENTIRE time. Just throwing the ball around mind you - but I was able to play and not have to go sit on the side lines because of being in pain. For the first time in I don't know how long I lost track of time while we were playing and enjoying being a part of things. When I looked at my clock it had been more than an hour we were out playing. AN HOUR!!!!!! :yikes: I was "aware" of the new knee but wasn't in pain, it wasn't aching or throbbing....I was tired from playing - NOT from hurting as had always been the case in the past.

I've got so many happy tears right now - for the first time I actually DON'T regret this. Today made me so completely happy.....I feel finally like this may actually be worth it in the end! :yes!:
 
Absolutely awesome Deedles8. I am so happy for you. :yay::yay::yay: It is wonderful to hear that you are actually happy and are happy you had the TKR. :happydance: I knew you would get there soon! I worried for you. :sad: I felt so badly for you that you thought you made the wrong decision on having this replacement done. This is a wonderful update! Keep up the good work and keep us updated on your continuing progress!

Take care! :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Deedee Deedles8 - what a great report!!! I am so happy for you that your silver lining is starting to show and you are back to doing activities pain free. I will be 9 weeks on Thursday and drove for the first time today - yipee!! No pain, didn't even feel like it had been so many weeks since last getting behind the wheel.
Take care,
Stacie
 
Today was another good day. Saw my OS for my 12 week follow up. Said that he feels at this point my therapy isn't going to do much for me....I can probably build more quad strength on my own. My back issues he believes is from the change in gait, but he's VERY impressed with my walk. He did give me a cortisone shot in my back and so far so good.

The heavy feeling he wants to monitor more....but if it's not a lot better by the time in 6 mos p/o he may do a manipulation to see if it helps, but would rather avoid it if he can.
 
Hi everyone. Been SUPER busy (which is crazy considering its only 17 weeks now) but my bf is now moving in with me in my house and we've been renovating so I havent had much time to be on line. Hope everyone is doing well!

I did have an episode a few days ago that was an acute muscle spasm with an adhesion release. Yeah....that was painful!

Anyway I'll be back on in a few days and catch up everyone! I havent disappeared....promise!!!
 
We had our surgery two weeks apart and I'm interested in hearing more about how you are doing now. Especially about the muscle spasm and adhesion release. Something similar happened to me on a much lesser scale.
 
Well I found a link on here that is actually more like what's been happening with my knee. https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/patella-clunk-syndrome-meds-question.2264/
I'm going this afternoon to find out for sure if this is it, but it's truly impending my ability to walk. I can bend my knee and I can extend my knee, but the walking version tends to "Catch" and its VERY VERY painful. This truly sounds like what's going on - and if that's the case I'm seriously worried about the next steps. I think it's an outpatient (I'm hoping) surgical procedure.....I'm just tired of always being in pain.

I'm just worried because tomorrow my BF is having rotator cuff surgery and now my boss is being a jerk because I'm out of time for the year.....well....guess FMLA will have to come into play!

Josephine I see you are in the thread that I pasted (I hope it's okay - because it's great information) but I was wondering if you can explain more details about this. I see it's a fat pad that is swollen and irritated and it is catching in the patella area.....I think I'm just back to freaking out here.
 
I pasted a link in mt post....but yes the one you provided is just as informative. I did go see my OS and he said its VERY liwkely that is whay I have but gave me a cortisone shot to see if he could help reduce swelling. If the swelling is reduced and its still catching then it is most likely whats going on and hed have to in and clean up the area, but the chances of scar tissue regrowing there is increased tremendously.

I can tell this morning the swelling had decreased tremendously....and walking is a bit easier so this all becomes a hurry up and wait thing to see if it continues to catch.

Again I must say I am thankful to the people and information on this site. it is truly comforting to know that the information is accurate and dependable and the people are so heart warmingly kind!
 
I am so glad you are already seeing improvement in the swelling and walking! Repeat after me: "there will be no more catching, there will be no more catching...." :heehee: (if only our attitude could predict response!)
 
Yeah - it's still catching and if it's possible it hurts WORSE! I'm over this. I totally regret ever having this done. I can tell you right now I must be almost dead to do this again.

I seriously HATE that I did this to myself. It's been the absolute worst decision of my life.
 
Has your OS talked about scoping your knee to relieve the pain?
 
He said if the cortisone didnt work hed visit that so Im planning on calling them in the morning. Im just over it. O did this to feel BETTER not worse.
 
Whatever the reason for the pain; if scoping it will fix the problem, then you will be on your way to the life you wanted when you first had your knee replacement! :happydance:

I have been through 3 years with my right knee, but I am seeing the finish line now! I feel wonderful, but it wasn't always that way. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom