rider1960
post-grad
Hi Dee and Diane. Thanks for checking on me
Diane, I agree--I think I definitely DO have a great surgeon working on me. I'm so grateful I found him. Every one who knows him considers him to be like Hip Royalty.
Pre-op preparations are going along. I'll be finishing tying up all the loose ends next weekend. I still have to get some stretchy knit shorts or capris to wear after the surgery--I remember how the swelling came and went, so I need something really comfortable to wear, buy some more non-perishable food to stock up, and a complete a few animal related tasks. I'm working at my job right up to the surgery date with my last day just the day before, so I'll need to do most things on the weekend before.
Mentally, I think I'm ready to go right now. I already went through my freak out time a while back and talked with my surgeon more (poor guy; he has spent a lot of time with our back and forth emails and phone calls!) and visited the new hospital and talked with people there. This settled most of those new fears caused by changes in the pain management protocol and the new hospital. I wasn't expecting so many changes--afterall, I just had my first hip done end of January; less than 5 months has passed. (I talked about all this on my pre-op thread ...)
The soon-to-be-gone hip is starting to flare quite a bit, so I'm glad it is going to be out of there.
Not much longer!
Dorothy
Diane, I agree--I think I definitely DO have a great surgeon working on me. I'm so grateful I found him. Every one who knows him considers him to be like Hip Royalty.
Pre-op preparations are going along. I'll be finishing tying up all the loose ends next weekend. I still have to get some stretchy knit shorts or capris to wear after the surgery--I remember how the swelling came and went, so I need something really comfortable to wear, buy some more non-perishable food to stock up, and a complete a few animal related tasks. I'm working at my job right up to the surgery date with my last day just the day before, so I'll need to do most things on the weekend before.
Mentally, I think I'm ready to go right now. I already went through my freak out time a while back and talked with my surgeon more (poor guy; he has spent a lot of time with our back and forth emails and phone calls!) and visited the new hospital and talked with people there. This settled most of those new fears caused by changes in the pain management protocol and the new hospital. I wasn't expecting so many changes--afterall, I just had my first hip done end of January; less than 5 months has passed. (I talked about all this on my pre-op thread ...)
The soon-to-be-gone hip is starting to flare quite a bit, so I'm glad it is going to be out of there.
Not much longer!
Dorothy
United States