Knee Infection Revision Due to Infection

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Gknee

I am so sorry to hear of your saga with the knee and the antibiotics! Is there any way that you could travel to Plano during your summer break? Dr. Maale thrives on the hardest cases; I made it through and feel wonderful thanks to him! Otherwise I might have been without a leg!:console2:
 
Well, I'm doing pretty much the same. I am totally out of antibiotics I'm allergic to every thing. My Drs are sending me on to UCLA for further treatment. I will let you know how that goes.
 
Hopefully they can help. That is crazy that you are allergic to everything now. Hope they can build up pyour immune system. I will keep the prayers going.
 
I hope things are going better for you.


Chris
RTKR March 2014
LTKR Sept 2014
Revision Dec 2014
Revision July 2015
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Oh how frustrating!! I hope the experts have a few new things for you to try.
 
I finally went to an allergist to find out about all my allergic reactions I have been having. Twenty-six vial of blood later my labs came back showing I have an ammune deficiency. Immunoglobulin G Subclass 1. He wants to start infusions to help me fight my knee infection because my body is unable to fight the infection naturally. Hopefully this will help me fight this knee infection.
 
I am so glad to hear from you! Well at least you know what is going on now and something can be done. How are you holding up?
 
I hope this is the answer! You have been dealing with this too long.
 
Gknee,
Glad to hear from you, and happy you may have an answer to your challenges with your infection. Keeping my :fingersx: crossed that this new information helps you heal.
 
WHOO WHOOO I'm cured! My infection is gone! I'm cured! YEA!!!!!

Its taken one year and in that time I have had 4 surgeries, 22 days in the hospital, 1 MRI, more than a dozen xrays, 6 months in a full leg brace with crutches, 3 picc lines, 5 months of IV antibiotics, 6 different types of antibiotics which I became allergic to all of them (2 of them were $10,000 a bottle), 5 months in home nursing care, 6 months off work, 3 months of grueling rehab, I am now on immune infusions for the next year to keep the infection from reforming. This is my SECOND infection so I will do anything I can to keep this infection from coming back even if it takes weekly infusions (costing about 100,000 a year). THANK GOD FOR INSURANCE!
 
Gknee,
Fantastic news, congratulations on being infection free!! :yay::yay::yay::happydance::happydance::happydance::wowspring::flwrysmile:
:cheers::friends::walking::walking:
 
Congratulations! So very happy for you, @Gknee ! Was it the allergist that found the magic potion?
 
OUTSTANDING!!!!!! I am so happy for you. With that taken care of..how is your knee???
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom