Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

Hi @Pumpkln Wishing you more Happy Birthday wishes and hope you are doing something special for you even if it is taking time for some relaxing and hope you are doing fine. All the best wishes for you Holly
 
@lavender,
I love your Raggedy Andy and Raggedy Anne, Mom has a pair that a friend made for her a long time ago. They look very similar. I will photograph them when we unpack.
Chris
 
Hi @Pumpkln Thank you for loving the Raggedy Anne and Andy dolls they are two of the dolls that I made for gifts last year to give to my 4 nieces and my Mom made 5 in total and all were very happy to get them for their gift. Not something seen often now a days but such nice dolls.

When I was in high school I had a small doll business sold to a gift shop downtown who expressed interest when my Gram was shopping one day she mentioned that her grand daughter had made a doll she was proud and the woman who owned this shop asked her if I would be willing to let her see one. I had never intended to make them for this reason just thinking one for my room and next thing I knew it I was given an order for many many more. All hand sewn Annies and Andys and Holly Hobbies and a nice Victorian lady doll too with petticoats and ruffles. She filled her front display window with the dolls and they were displayed on her antique dresser could not keep up with the orders she placed just a kid but still did pretty good with what I made. Her first order was for 50 Annies and orders for Holly Hobbies and victorian to never thought I would do it all but found that this is what I did after school on the days that I did not work and after homework .

I did not charge her as much as people said I should and then one day went to take more and found people lined up waiting to pay she was making a fortune on them . The store lady was selling them for 50. apiece back then and I sold them to her for 10.00 still looking back the satisfaction of knowing someone would get a dolly who was made with love. Started a full time job and the people where I worked were interested to so many wanted them for their kids and grandchildren they were nice dolls used good material and made sure they were safe for kids well made. I have in the years since came across people some shopping in the toy dept where I worked for many years with small kids spotted dolls that I had made felt a sense of joy that they were being love soft for a little pair of hands to cuddle and a piece of me that was shared around.


My Gram had bought me little tags for my camp clothes for Girl Guides so with so many left over I decided to sew them into the dress seam of their clothes and one day when seeing one these doll mentioned to a lady how wonderful it was to see them again asked if she had a little tag inside and she said yes she told me her Mom had bought it for future grandchild and this doll had been saved for this special time. Your mention of my avatar and the dolls that I loved making is making me feel inspired to maybe have a look at them again still have the soft knit that I used to make their socks my Dad encouraged me back then during a visit to a mill to buy all they had never seen anything that suited the need that much and so happy he did.

Memories so many memories of the many many hours that were spent folding and sewing and stuffing these little dollies and how with each one made one at a time wondering who they would go to and hoping they would be loved. Thanks for letting me tell you my story as such a wonderful chance to look back at these special moments when making these special dolls was so much part of my growing up years. Sorry for taking so much time writing this on your thread not trying to derail it sorry if too long but your story about your Moms dollies makes me feel so nice. Give them a nice hug for me they make you feel so nice they will cuddle you back .
Holly
 
We are home for a few days. Needed a break. Going to sleep tonight.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Hi, Chris. I hope you're doing okay..........well, as okay as possible considering. I think most of us have been through similar times and know it's not an easy time; add to that the knee recovery, and I know it's been a difficult time. I hope your birthday was a good day for you.
I wanted to quickly let you know my knee is no better, and actually a bit worse. I messaged my OS Wednesday; he had me come in yesterday. He's not happy with it, and seemed a bit frustrated, as am I. He spoke to a colleague, who specializes in post-TKR problems, and I'll be seeing him also. Then my OS said he'll follow up with him after my visit so they can come up with a plan.
Take care and take it easy.
 
I slept much better, I was exhausted and really could do nothing other than sleep well.
Our wonderful neighbors came over with some flowers and some sage advice, it was so nice of them. Today just doing laundry and cleaning up, at a very very slow pace, but the work is getting done.
 
The class went well, I did not want to get out of bed, but managed.
The instructor was very good, and a lady I had not seen in years was there, we enjoyed catching up. It was a kineso taping class, the instructor taped my knee and my foot, they do feel better. I can do the knee taping myself, so will continue with that. It was good to be back in my own life even if it was for a little while. The class was only 6 hours, I do not think I would have lasted 8.
When I asked my old colleague about her grown kids, who were toddlers the last time I saw them, they are in their early 20's and off on their own. I asked her if I ever told her of my experience with her then toddler son. I hadn't, so I told her the story she said that sounds just like him
I was at a party at her house and was looking for the bathroom, he was already talking so I asked him. He took me to the bathroom, and proceeded to show me how to use the toilet, bring the stool over and put it in front of the toilet, raise the toilet seat, stand on the toilet and aim for the water. Then he wanted to watch me as kids at that age do, I told him I like to go alone. Had to stifle my laughing after he left. He was so cute while giving me instructions.
That was my day, now resting,
 
Good on you for going Chris

I'm ever so glad you went. It sounds like you had a really nice time x it's nice to catch up with people. I bet she really laughed when you told her what her son had said to you!!!

Useful course Kinesio Taping for self treatment and others. I'm glad to hear you're resting. I'm about to switch off and go to sleep. I'm a little bit wobbly again tonight x daughter goes to see consultant (gynae) tomorrow x

Love Ann xx
 
Ann,
Positive thoughts and prayers for you and your daughter tomorrow.
Getting out is good, it is a welcome break.
I am a bit wobbly on my left leg, and have to really watch it when I am out and about. It is what it is.
Hope to get back to being able to rehabing my knee and work on my balance in the next few weeks.
:ice:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom