Guest viewing is limited

Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

@Pumpkln, Ikea has tons more cool stuff than just furniture. I needed some pot lid holders and they have some stainless ones that are accordion style...and only 5.99. I love that store-it's just huge and you walk forever to get through it all. But it's a really cool trip to look at all the cool stuff they have. Some of it's too Scandinavian for me, other stuff is perfect.
 
@Pumpkln, you forgot to mention that you also just got through with Hot August Nights. That's a zoo..... I keep wanting to go to the Nugget's rib cook off but I hate crowds.
 
There are still old cars driving around town, I really enjoy seeing them, and appreciate all the work that goes into restoring all of them.
We sneak in early before the crowds and take ribs home, there is nowhere to sit and eat them. Maui Wowie ribs are my favorite.
I will try Ikea when I can walk more, right now I would just be in the front of the store, unless they have carts.
Knee doing OK, needing to rest after the Greek Food Festival yesterday.
 
Ah Chris...going to a Greek Food festival. Now that's some soul food for a bad knee. I love Greek food. I went to Kroger's for the first time yesterday since my surgery. It was like a trip to Disneyland. Stamina down today but it was fun and so was the pizza and beer afterwards! Hope you continue to heal. Christie
 
@cjf1222 ,
Your day sounds like fun, Pizza and Beer :cheers:.
We have found some good Greek frozen dishes at Trader Joe's.
I find my energy is up and down, but is much better than even a month ago.
Wishing you continued healing:yes:.
@busylizzie ,
Being able to go out makes a big difference. A month ago an outing would have wiped me out, now I do OK.
 
Thanks, @Celle,
It has been a long rough road, the worst part was when they cut off my meds and cold turkeyed me, ending up in the ER. It was nothing short of very traumatic for me.
Relieved to be doing better, and feeling like I will recover, slowly as she goes.
I only like spiders that eat other bugs, Black Widows I kill on sight.
 
I only like spiders that eat other bugs, Black Widows I kill on sight.

Here in NZ, we have a relative of the Black Widow. It's called the Katipo - and it is also related to the Australian Redback. I don't see them very often.

I do kill that nasty White Tail spider that is an immigrant from Australia. It hunts other spiders and is very active at night. They're fast, too. While their bite is not poisonous, some people do react badly to them and end up with a festering wound.

I guess we're lucky here in NZ. We have no other poisonous creatures. No snakes at all. They're banned as imports and they're not even allowed in zoos or wildlife parks.
 
Glad you're all doing better. It will be interesting to see how I do on our vacation-rafting the river, bike riding, small hikes, walking along the river, walking down the hill to the river, etc. It'll be the first real outing since the surgery-I think I'll be okay though, and I can't wait to get out of Calif and into the woods.
 
Hi @Pumpkln Noticing your footprints and wow what a difference nice to see that you feet are touching the ground better. It will be great for you to get back to driving hope all is well with your car I know how much better I felt when I could get back to driving and no more dependence on cabs. Wonderful that you are getting time for your swimming and private is great.
We share a pool with the other people in our town house community and just not sure how to get back out in with the ladder so we did not go. Looking forward to doing it next summer if all goes well. You mentioned Rib that you went to have Greek food I am sure that you really enjoyed it. Just had a Rib fest cook off in our park drew many people lots of fun. Hope you have a great day Holly
 
@Pumpkln, Glad to hear things are beginning to improve at last. Remember slowly, slowly does it. That way all your steps are forward not backwards, building on your progress to date.
 
Hi Chris,

So happy to hear that things are going in the right direction for you! Are you completely off meds now or is your body weaning off of them naturally? I am over the moon for you right now. You have been through a heck of a journey and been so helpful to everyone on the forum. It is nice to see good coming your way!

Sounds like you have a few fests on the go. Which one is your favourite? Summer is fest time in Ottawa. We had Greek Fest, Italian Fest, Rib Fest, Poutine Fest, Jazz Fest, Blues Fest, Busker Fest and more during the summer months. I did not get to any this year but will look forward to a few of them next year! I am fortunate to work downtown because a number of them happen there and I can go at lunch. During Rib Fest, one of my colleagues went for lunch for the full 5 days he was at work. He ate a ton of Ribs and Pulled Pork Sandwiches!

Are you doing laps in the pool or exercises? I am getting into the swing of things with the pool. It feels so foreign going into the water. I am taking it only a bit at a time as I know you can overdo it quickly in the water without realizing it.

Again, I am so pleased of your progress. Way to go! :happydance::yay::beer:
 
@Celle ,@Shortie , @lovetocookandsew , @lavender , @busylizzie , @71Beetle
Thanks for checking on my thread.
Things are better slowly, taking meds at a lower doses than a month ago. It is a roller coaster at times, my knee is very tired and sore in the evening. Thought I was in for a rough night yesterday, I put voltaren jel on my ITB, it stopped the sharp pain in that area. Going to do the same tonight.
Doing exercises in the pool, treading water, and water walking, then the hot tub. The pool really perks up my days. It feels good to be able to do something. You can over do the pool so easily.
Everyone have a good day,
 
Hi @Pumpkln So nice to have your swimming to make you feel relaxed and feel like you are doing something great. Every step you progress makes you feel so much more at ease and less pain is just so wonderful. I had a slow recovery, nice to look back and realize how far the climb we had and how amazing how well we did it even so. Wishing you lots more of those wonderful pain free moments and lots of special moments having time in the swimming pool. Holly
 
@pumpkin I'm glad to hear you feel you're 'getting there'! It is a long road.
Hubs and I have a couple of classic cars - MGs of the 1950 era. John's is a 1950 TD and mine a 1952 YB. Sadly mine's too heavy for me to drive at present!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues
    15.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 129
  • [Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues
    DSCN0840.JPG
    159.4 KB · Views: 128
Beautiful cars, they would fit right in at Hot August Nights. Looks like lots of fun to drive around town.
 
Back
Top Bottom