Guest viewing is limited

Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

Here are the photos, about 5 weeks apart. Much better contact today 22 Aug 14
[Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues

15 July 2014 above
[Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues

22 Aug 1014 above, with the shoes
@patient 99
 
Chris, its a marked difference. Is it possible that your body will deal with the misalignment all by itself?
 
Is it possible that your body will deal with the misalignment all by itself?
My PT, massage therapist, and I have been working on getting my foot on the ground. It finally let go last week and I could get my foot down. There are muscles on the outside of your calf and on the inside, they both attach near each other on the bottom of your foot, and both are attacthed to the head of the fibula on the other end. They were in a tug of war with each other, with the one on the inside pulling my foot sideways, and the one on the outside pulling like crazy painful to keep me from tipping over.
They are in better balance now, and I am more comfortable walking.:yay:

We had another morning swim with the neighborhood pool all to ourselves. The privacy of your own pool, with none of the work and expense.:yes:
 
Hi Chris,

Based on your footprints your gait seems to have improved tremendously! I am sorry that you are still experiencing so much pain and I hope that the new meds will do the trick. It must be a little scary hearing what you thought was the smoke alarm going off when you are commenting on the high fire potential in your area. Good thing it was only the battery in the CO2 alarm.

Hope you get some sleep tonight. Are you a napper? I love naps but sometimes when I have them I have troubles getting to sleep at night. I have been pretty much sleeping through the night for the past week or so. I take the HydroMorphone at 10:00 pm along with a couple of regular Tylenol and I am good until about 5 or 6 am. I take a couple of Tylenol, Gabapentin and Celebrex at 6:00 am and by 10:00 am I am ready for the next dose of the HydroMorphone. Can't wait until I am completely weaned off.

What are your plans for the weekend? Hoping to get t the pool? I hope the weather is nice tomorrow as I want to go swimming and I am at a conference all day Sunday so only have tomorrow to enjoy the weather. My brother and his wife are going to drop by for a swim and some Pina Coladas (my middle boy makes a really good one). I will have mine without the rum.

I hope you have a great weekend! Talk to you soon!
 
Hi @Pumpkln that's absolutely splendid news about the amount of contact your foot is now making on the floor, that's a fabulous difference and I'm ever so pleased for you. I know how hard you have worked to achieve this. You are living proof that if you do the exercises they do work and they do help!!!

Well done Chris, I'm so pleased for you, I really am x x x sending you well deserved big Mahoosive hugs for you xox

Love Nana moon 27 xox
 
Thanks everyone for stopping by my thread. We went to the Greek Festival today, I am both full and very tired, tomorrow I swim, a lot.
And ta da, I forgot to take a pain med, cause my knee felt OK!
I will post more tomorrow.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
Hi @Pumpkln, just stopped by to catch up. I'm so glad that you are walking better and feeling better.I've had a busy week what with hubby out of town for a few days (I enjoy my alone times-they are few and far between). Spent all day today looking at tables for our dining room-since we are re-doing our kitchen I had to change the dining table as it doesn't fit well anymore. Take my advice-avoid Ikea for at least 6 months after a TKR! I went over to get a couple of things for my kitchen last night-all the walking wasn't easy, but I did manage it. Too bad on the way there my car informed me I had low tire pressure and we had to stop to check it-It was quite low and hubby found a nail in the tread. So before my table shopping today we had to get it patched-too bad, it's an almost new Michelin and now it has a boo-boo...lol. But I did find a table I love-solid oak, no fake stuff, and round so it fits perfectly. In addition to all the kitchen mess, we are getting ready to go to Oregon for a couple of weeks soon, so I am busier than a one-armed paper hanger.......But it's sooooooooo nice to be able once again to do all these things! I hope to hear soon how exhausted you are with all the tasks you will soon be able to do! :dancy::spin::egypdance:We are going to take a short bike ride tomorrow to see how I do-I hope I don't fall on my butt.....:rotfl::bicycle1: I'm so glad you can swim-I wish I had pool access. Oh-believe it or not-I went down the long staircase at Ikea instead of using the elevator!:yes!: Time to hit the sack-I'm exhausted. Have a great day tomorrow and keep up the good reports. Kim
 
WTG @Pumpkln! One less pain med cos you didn't need it. I like it Woohoo! Xox swimming privately ...my dream xxxxx I'm in total agreement with what @hopefaith said xox

@lovetocookandsew that's great news on the solid oak table. I did laugh at your phrase "busier than a one armed paper hanger!" I'd not heard that one before. Lol xxxxx

Nice to visit this thread just for the sheer positivity...its infectious...love it x x x

Catch you later
All my love
Nana moon 27 xox
 
@lovetocookandsew @hopefaith, @Nana moon 27 , @Phil75070 , Thanks for stopping by and your kind words, they really help.
Slept well last night, and did not need the 3 am pain med. Hoping this means I am going in the right direction. I have been disappointed so many times so I am cautious.

"busier than a one-armed paperhanger with fleas"
Great saying, I had not heard it before :heehee:.
I have never been to Ikea and will keep it that way for now. We always turn south on the freeway, we would need to drive further west. We just have not felt it was worth the extra time, when we need more furniture like we need a hole in the head.
Time to get dressed, get my car battery jumped (that is my job), and take it out for a drive :driver:. Poor thing has been sitting in the garage since April 14th. Hubby wants to wait to get the oil changed, me I want it to go in for a good once over with the mechanic to be sure everything is good. Last thing I need is to start driving and have the car break down.
And later go for a :swim:.
 
Where do some of these phrases come from. However I can remember my mom saying in more than one occasion "if you fall off and break your leg, then don't come running to me!" Xxx
 
Just realized how busy the next 4 weeks are here. Burning Man is this week, crazy cars and people in town before they leave for the Playa, when they come back they are dusty crazy people still having fun. Next week the Rib Cookoff, cookers from all over the place, Yummmy. The week after there is the Balloon Races, colorful fun, and we can see them from our deck. Then the Air Races follow the next weekend. Whew, no I do not go to all of these events every year. I would be too :mcoffee:.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom