Guest viewing is limited

Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

So true about bonesmart being so supportive and a great place to vent. Also, where else can you find so many people that are experiencing nearly what you are going through. Thanks for being there for me, too. Hope things improve soon for you.
 
I agree so happy that we have this wonderful place to share our experiences and wonderful people who have meant so much to me and helped all along my recovery and now to. Thanks so much to all of you Holly
 
How true this surgery is tough and all of us here have handled so much we are all indeed much stronger then we probably thought we were. Strong and tough as this surgery demands it takes a toll on us in many ways brings back movement and surprised when my dentist who is wonderful and came in with a big smile on his face. expressed how proud he was to have a bionic woman for his patient he said he knows whatever dental issues may come along the way past the usually cleaning will be easily handled as anyone who could make it through a replacement has to be made of good really good stuff. Holly
 
@Pumpkln, I meant to pop in and congratulate you on your 4 month anniversary the other day, but got busy and it slipped my mind. I hope the next 4 months are a breeze for you and filled with pain-free days and restful nights. Kim
 
I meant to pop in and congratulate you on your 4 month anniversary the other day
Kim,
The day got away from me too, I think this is a good sign, we are not so focused on our knees!
The truth is for me it was the stress of last weeks doctor appointments, and where I am headed, got the best of me.
Seems things are turning around slowly, at least I am becoming more helpful.
All the wonderful support I have received here on Bonesmart has been key to my starting to heal and not feeling so alone.
@Old Texan , I hope you are healing, and best wishes to you for better days ahead.
 
Slowly, think I am improving, there are times my knee pain is down to a "1", WOW, almost no pain. Of course it is very easy to cross over into the ODIC. Hopeful there will be no more surgeries.

Eating lunch today, something crunched???
I found a big hole in one of my teeth, no pain, but my tongue cannot stay away from this new surface.
My dentist got me in and painted something on the tooth to protect it, next week I will receive a new crown. I hope @new knee in June is not jealous of my new crown.
I have had so much dental work, I feel like I have purchased several sports cars for various dentists in my life. I of course am driving a 12 yo car.
 
@Pumpkln soo true about not looking for answers but needing someone to really hear! I am so sad about what all you are going through and I need to echo @lavender about how much/often you have encouraged me. Many prayers for you. I will pray right now.
~~hopefaith
 
I hear you about the dentist-thank God most of my dental work is covered by insurance otherwise I'd have personally bought my dentists cars also..... I hope your knee continues to improve and gets totally pain-free.
 
@cjf1222 , I even took pre op today, but did not need it :sad:. Will be having Keifer, and fermented saurkraut tonight. Appt is Tuesday, so will take it then.
@hopefaith , Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, they help. Positive thoughts and prayer for healing for you.
@lovetocookandsew , They at least should take us for a ride.
 
@Pumpkln sorry to hear about your dental problems I hope it gets sorted soon.

I just popped in to say Hi, how are you doing today?

Shortie x
 
Hi @Pumpkln It seems sometimes like it is one thing after another. I hope you have your dental stuff taken care of to and then no more to have to handle. It catches you by surprise. I was eating my lunch one night at work and then heard a crunch I broke one of my bottom molars in half and I was only eating a soft bun. I decided after 3 attempts by the dentist to build it up to repair it that on the fourth attempt I would just leave it the way it was. He offered to try again and charge me for a filling but thought why it seemed to be a place that I bit down on so just left it no problems now with it not visible and for now doing ok. Hope you are doing great and hope they get your tooth settled so that is more then enough for you to have to handle for a long time you have had more then your share and handle it all so patiently. Holly
 
Hi @Pumpkln This may be a silly question but wondering what does a revision involve. Do they have to replace your first replacement how do they do it. I have read about others and revisions but always wonder what is changed as it might be something that is needed down the road. Hopefully way down the road but probably will happen. Some members also write about the spacer and the size being wrong is this something they do during a revision. Just the thought of having it all opened up is enought to cause you lots of pain but do they replace the whole thing, move things around just curious. Just interested in how it works. Holly
 

Staff online

  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom