Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

My recovery continues, walking further, actually have periods of no knee pain. My knee has had pain or discomfort since 2000, this is a completely new and rather pleasant experience. Hoping the periods of being pain free continue to increase.
With my walking I have to be very aware of my posture, and alignment of my leg. If I slump at all, I will have leg pain later that day. Good news as I continue walking, the amount of attention to my walking decreases, and I can start to enjoy the walk.
My ROM since my revision is 15 degrees more than before, in the last couple of months I gained another 5 degrees.
If you are on the slow train to recovery you will get there, it just takes longer and you stop at every station along the way, but you will arrive.
Thanks for checking in NightQuilter!
 
Glad to hear you're having pain-free stretches. I haven't seen you around much recently, and was wondering what's up, so thanks for the update.
 
Nice to read your 11/14/15 report on pain (lack thereof). Hope you continue to gain ROM and walk longer and longer until satisfied :)
 
Woke up with a very unhappy Revision TKR knee this morning. I was without a leg to stand on, painful and unstable. Using a crutch to get around until it settles down.
I have been doing less and less lately, something must be going on.
About 2 weeks ago I noticed my knee was a bit unstable coming down the stairs, had a similar incident last week, then seemed to be OK.
Time to call the OS when the office opens, and start looking into a second opinion.
 
Oh how frustrating. It is time to have the knee checked by an expert.
 
Called the OS office, I have an appointment tomorrow at 3:00, and have my out of town second opinion in process.
 
I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems again, Chris.
Do let us know how your OS appointment goes. :friends:
 
Good that you could get in with the OS right away.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom