Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

No internet yesterday. My knee has settled down with the impingement out of the way. Hope it sticks.
Thanks for asking.



Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Thanks Lynn,
Yes, things have improved, I was able to walk a full mile on Sunday, first time in years. I was ready for the 3AM wake up with my knee telling me "Why did you do that?". No questions asked, we both slept through the night, none the worse for wear in the morning. :yes!:.
 
Wow time flies, it has been almost a year since I updated my thread.
For those of you are wondering how long we keep healing, it has been 3 years since my revision, my knee is still getting better. Never give up, keep searching for what is going to work for you and your healing.

Last fall I started a short course of PT with a therapist I have confidence in, and who is well trained in Strain/Counterstrain. We worked and problem solved together to figure out how my gait, pelvic and hip stabilizer muscles (some of which were on vacation) were not working properly. Some over working, some underworking. Once we got them in balance and figured out what few activities I need to do to maintain the change. WOW it has been a world of difference, my knee is the most comfortable it has been in years, my SI joint is practically pain free, and walking is now a pleasure.

Last fall I had serious trouble with my blood pressure going off the chart and becoming very hard to control. Decided I needed to make a commitment to lose weight in December, and have since lost 10% of my body weight. I feel much better, have more energy, my cholesterol went from 255 to 199, blood pressure is down, I am taking one less BP medication, and my BP is the lowest it has been in a long time.

Recovery and is multifaceted, focus on getting healthy and finding the right people. Patience, knowing when enough is enough, and perseverance.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That's all wonderful news, @Pumpkln . :yes!: :yay: :spin: :dancy:
It sounds as if you and your therapist have worked out something to suit your individual needs and it's working well, which is great.

I've often wondered if PT might be more useful later in recovery than in the very early days. Your experience seems to confirm that.

I also think it's so important to tailor a PT program to the individual patient's needs, rather than having a one-size-fits-all philosophy.
 
Wonderful report Chris! So glad you are seeing continual improvement. And losing 10% of you weight since December! Wow - are you sharing your successful protocol!? Fantastic results with your BP and energy!
 
What a great update to read! I bet you're feeling great! And... it only gets better.
 
@NightQuilter ,
No big secret, going to Weight Watchers, I like having choices, mostly having fruits, vegetables, chicken, and fish.
I go to meetings every week, they already consider me a regular. Having better health is well worth the expense.
The new program is much easier than the old one I tried 15 years ago.
There are lots of diets out there, as always, find what works for you.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom