Revision TKR Revision again

i can straighten but a lot go pressure back of knee when try to bend. so i can't bend
 
Give it time, Pat. You are bound to be terribly swollen. Don't keep trying to bend, you'll just anger that newborn baby knee and make it keep swelling. You know what we preach here; ice, elevate and take your meds! You do very gentle stretches and walk as much as you can without causing extra pain.
 
I am so happy for you that now your recovery can proceed. Best wishes for a Merry Christmas!
 
This is such great news. I'm praying for you to have an easy recovery from all this. Heaven knows you deserve some breaks! Take it easy and let yourself heal....it's critical!
 
Wonderful news. Take it easy. As everyone has said, range of motion will come as the swelling goes down with healing.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
It's going to happen! It'll take time but it will bend. Have a lovely Christmas and look forward to a much better year ahead.
 
Take it slow and enjoy the season. Hope you have a wonderful New Year!
 
I know this has been a long haul for you, but remember, patience is vital. From those pictures your knee will bend and straighten, the swelling just needs to go down. Don’t overdo it.
 
Great news! One step at a time (pun intended).
Merry Christmas!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hey everyone, a small update. I went to my post op appointment yesterday and I was crying in pain pre-discussion with OS. He decided to admit me back into the hospital for pain management. He then did some post op X-rays and upon reviewing them, he discovered that a piece of the drain broke off when it was removed.

Once I got to the hospital for my admission, he ordered a CT scan to verify the xray. I had emergency surgery last night at 9pm where he went in and took it out. He washed my knee out as well. When he was done he made sure I had a good bend because I have been having issues with knee bending. They left the nerve block in. They decide that they are going to freeze my nerves because of the pain I have been in.
 
Oh no! You poor thing! No wonder you had such pain.
The person who removed the drain should probably have noticed that it wasn't complete.

It really is time you got a break and things started to go more easily for you.

I hope they get your pain controlled and everything going smoothly before you are discharged home.

Hugs! :friends:
 
Jennifer, you are an inspiration to all of us. You were really dealt the worst hand but did not give up. I am so impressed by your strength and ability to keep a little sense of humor through this horrible experience. After a terrible 2017, my hope for you is that 2018 will be your year to regain your strength and your life.
 
Thank God they found out what was causing all your pain. I'm so sorry you've had to go through another surgery, but this time I'm sure it's right!
 
Well darn. That stinks you had to endure another procedure. Time to heal, your soft tissue has been through so much.
 
So sorry to hear you had another procedure, positive thoughts your recovery goes smoother from here on.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom