Guest viewing is limited

THR Resurfacing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree @Z15 . I watched an animated version of the op over and over again before my surgery. It helped me come to terms with the whole procedure and actually had a calming effect. I too would not recommend the YouTube versions. Why scare yourself silly?
 
@Z15 I found it to be pretty interesting regardless but I would not advice people do that. I got my medic in the Air Force when I was 17 years old so I have seen anything from ambulances to ER to chopper rescue right down to the operating room so I am a little above average on that. Still it was a little daunting thinking this is going to be on me?
 
Oh, I don't think I could watch a youtube video! I'll stick with the animated version. LOL!
 
Good luck - I agree the waiting is the worst part. I am glad that's over - 2 weeks out now. Sometimes it's discouraging that it takes so long but at least this is forward progress!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Resurfacing
Hope you and yours have had a wonderful Christmas holiday with lots of family fellowship and sharing of gifts and lots of good food to eat.


I’ll be looking for you at the BoneSmart annual New Year’s Party. It’s been a very eventful year for most of us---and will be a very eventful year coming up for others of us looking forward to surgery in the new year.


Remember to bring food and drink to share---and pictures are always appreciated and loads of fun to share.


SEE YOU AT THE PARTY!!!!!
[Bonesmart.org] Resurfacing
bottomshollow
 
Well I am in pre-op with my IV started waiting on anesthesia to come and try and talk me into having a spinal as opposed to a general. I won't to go to sleep and wake up wandering what happened. Thanks for all the support and I will post when I get to the other side.
 
  • Agree
Reactions: Z15
medic,

I liked being knocked out but I never tried the alternative

we'll see you soon

z
 
Waiting to hear from you on the other side! All the best!
 
Now Z that was really interesting but the sixty dollar question is did you take that cap off during surgery.

Billy
 
@Z15 that is what I did and it was much better than the "up close and personal" version LOL,


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
 
Sorry I missed posting the past few days. It has been pretty rough which I was told to expect. They are looking for a post op rehab center for me to possibly stay at and I don't think they are to far off. We are getting better by the day. It takes the full help of the walker but today I actually walked down the halway. Main issue right now are pain and balance. Who knows Ill it y'all back up when I am not drugged.
 
@medic4355 I was just wondering about you. Good to see you post here. Hang in there. Looking forward to a longer report when you're feeling up to it!
 
@medic4355 , thanks for checking in. Hang in there! Sometimes it's hard to get that pain management cocktail just right. But that's your priority before being discharged. You'll be doing laps around the hospital soon!
 
Slow and steady @medic4355, you will get there. You are doing great. Sounds like a good idea to go to a rehab centre. As Jaycey mentioned getting your pain med protocol worked out is important in these early days. :)
 
@Poppet @Jaycey thanks to all for commenting and helping. I think in all reality they had me a little over medicated at firsts because we have cut the IV pain Meds out since yesterday and I am a different person. I am still hurting from being post op but the hip overall went from a 9 to about a 3 since the surgery Tuesday. Now I am just sore in places I didn't even know I had! LOL For the last 4 years I have worked around anything that caused me pain so I am by far in the worst shape I have ever been in my life. Now the real TOTAL rehab starts but trust me I know s;pw and steady is the pace
 
Medic....can you please create a signature with your surgery date in it? It makes it so much easier for us to know when you had your THR.
 
You will get there medic... Recovery is a marathon some days :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom