Guest viewing is limited

THR Resurfacing

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are very special @medic4355 - just wanted to let you know that someone 'down under' thinks that :)
 
medic4355, think about this, Josephine has been able to have an international "medical ministry" helping thousands of people right from her own little desk at home. It may be that the Lord will not have you expend the energy and pain to go back to school or travel to Africa in person, but instead do your continuing education online as much as possible, and perhaps help in the mission field in a "virtual" capacity. So much more can be accomplished if you are able to direct your health and energy without putting such a physical strain on your broken body. Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it!
 
Always a difficult balancing act between our 'passions and callings' in life and having to earn a living - hats off to you medic x
 
@PA Gal What a lovely idea!
[Bonesmart.org] Resurfacing
 
@PA Gal you may be exactly right. I know that there is plenty of ministry work right here in the US and I am willing to do whatever he calls me to.

@younghippie I am feeling a little sore today. I hope not everyone jumps on me when I say what I did today. We took the youth group bowling and for some reason I had to at least try it. I made about 4 frames and the pain shut me down but I have to say it was worth it. A little rest and some Voltaren gel and things will be back to my version of normal. I was finally released a few weeks ago to start back working out at the gym as long as I keep my leg and hip in mind. I have been spending some time on a elliptical which is helping strengthen my hip and doing a lot of weights. Good news is I have lost 14 lbs in the last few weeks. How have you been hippie? If I am breaking a rule let me know or if you are uncomfortable its ok but I was wondering if I could look you up on Facebook?
 
I hope not everyone jumps on me when I say what I did today.
As if we would! We all have to test ourselves from time to time. What would make me 'jump on you' is if you said you'd done ti for an hour or more or were intending to do it on a regular basis!

As for FB
[Bonesmart.org] Resurfacing
 
@medic4355 Congrats on your weight loss! That is great. I don't have a fb account, but feel free to send me a message here any time (through a thread or pm is fine too.)
 
OK It's been a while so I thought I would update everyone. I have met with my Ortho again and he said that there are signs that I had a slight pelvis fracture from my accident that left a little calcification on the hip which may be what is causing the pain.

He also said the level of trauma I faced and with the hip broken like it was, that it could take up the entire year to heal. His only option increase pain meds and wait or do a revision surgery. I opted for plan c where we wait and stay on the same amount of pain meds I am now without increasing. Here is where it gets interesting.

HE took some machine that shot a laser or maybe a current through my joint to see if there was any space. Amazingly enough they did discover some space between by hip and pelvis but not enough to warrant surgery. I don't know. Is there normally a little bit of space there anyway? @Jaycey

Anyway he suggested for the next 10 days to stay off of it and ice it as much as possible and then go back to PT. Regardless I am super tired of hurting all the time. Still I will rejoice in the fact that God choose to let me live and I still enjoy youth pastoring and hanging with my teens. I just wish I was a lot more mobile. However fussing will resolve nothing but y'all are the ones that get to hear when I am frustrated. Thank you all so much for being there.

I truly do enjoy this site and whoever invented it I got nothing but love for ya.
 
Amazingly enough they did discover some space between by hip and pelvis but not enough to warrant surgery. I don't know. Is there normally a little bit of space there anyway?
I'm not sure where you are referring to, medic. Can you be more specific?
 
To be honest I am not sure either it is just what my ortho said. I stayed off of it for 7 days and kept it iced continuously and it felt a lot better. Now this weekend I went to Magic Springs in Arkansas and walked up hills and down valleys and made it a little sore but worth every minute to spend time with my family. My daughter and I rode a ride called the shark air which is where you lay down between two bunji cords and they pull you about 1000 feet in the air and you pull the rip chord and you begin to swing like a giant swing set. It was a blast and for a moment I was weightless. Greatest feeling I have had in a while. Now my 11 year old daredevil daughter just screamed the whole time. @Josephine thanks for trying to help.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
OK I went back to the doctor Monday and we made some changes on some meds. I was temporarily on Lyrica about two years ago and it worked wonders but when I went to refill it it was $145 which at the time I could not afford. So again we are trying the samples to work for the next thirty days and my pain level has all but gone but here is the deal. My doctor and pharmacist suggested that I buy the Lyrica from Canada so I could afford it. So does anyone know of a good Canadian pharmacy that is actually there and not a from from a Mylasian pharmacy?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @medic4355, try planetdrugsdirect. My husband has been getting his parents prescriptions from them for a very long time at an unbelievable savings to them.
 
I've used Universal Drugstore in Canada several times over the years for drugs that aren't on my insurance's formulary. It's legit, offers big savings, and more often than not, the drug comes from the exact same manufacturing facility as the one I couldn't afford. After establishing an account, I can have my doctor fax prescriptions to them to speed things up. I've never had any problem. Www.universaldrugstore.com.


LTHR 5/29/2014
RTHR 9/20/2011
 
This is very good information! Thanks for sharing. Also check online with the actual drug mfgr. Many times offer coupons. One drug I take Amrix a muscle relaxer is not covered at all by my insurance. I have been able to print a coupon monthly and never pay more than $5.00 copayment.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Finally there seems to be some relief in sight. I have gone from 8 Loratab a day as prescribed to 2 as needed. I went through the last two days without needing any at all and that includes working out 5 nights a week. I am spending a minimum of 15 minutes a night on the elliptical.

I started working out almost two months ago now and when I started I could not walk a mile in 20 minutes. Last night was the first night I broke 14 minutes in a mile and now I have lost a total of 22lbs. I still have another 20 that I need to lose to be at the ideal weight but just getting the first 22 off has also brought some relief to my hip. I am rotating a muscle section each night and Wednesday nights it's all cardio where I spend 30 minutes on the elliptical. I am still doing some very targeted therapy working with the side motion of moving my hip away from my body two days a week.

My doctor kept telling me that there would come a turning point where I would suddenly feel a drastic change but with the severity of my hip it would not be would take longer than normal. Thanks to every one here that has been so helpful during the last 7 months and if there is anything I can do to help anyone just hit me up. Thanks again.
 
Oh Brian that is excellent news. Very pleased for you that you broke through that barrier and that your getting on so well in your weight loss journey. Keep us updated mate!
 
I'm so happy to hear that you are making progress. It's so tough when your recovery takes a bit longer than what others experience....difficult to believe that things will ever get better. But for almost everyone, they DO get better and that's the time we wait for!!! It's great hearing a good report like yours!!! Thanks so much for letting us know how well things are going. Please post when you can. I enjoy hearing from you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom