Guest viewing is limited

report bugs or problems, please

Re: report bugs or problems. please

Thanks, Calling....Jo is working with the server guys and Rich to try and resolve the problem.

But keep reporting when you are having problems...especially noting the dates and times. It's important to have that documented history of the disruptions.
 
Re: report bugs or problems. please

if you could click View source (next you get the database error screen)

(on firefox this is)

click right click > view page source and then copy that :)
 
Re: report bugs or problems. please

Will do, Richard. On AOL when you right click, there is a link to PAGE SOURCE that provides the source code. Thanks! I never used that link before.
 
Re: report bugs or problems. please

Had an email from the Host - they are aware and are working on it. Please be patient. Things will eventually be sorted.
 
Re: report bugs or problems. please

I've reached so many Database Error notices today that it seems I have to hit reload current page four times for each successful post read. It seems a bit like work to get anywhere, but I know it's worth it. I was just thinking that newcomers will just give up right away.
 
Re: report bugs or problems. please

Thanks for the notification, Pat. I get these error messages sometimes too and it is really frustrating. I do know the systems guys are working on a solution, but it may take some time to get everything fixed.

It's still a good idea to report the problem, though. It's important for Jo and I to know when this is worse....it kind of comes and goes. Even though you are getting the errors, sometimes we don't.

I completely agree with you that it could be a real turn-off to new members. Most people these days expect all web pages to function flawlessly. They don't want more difficulty posting to BoneSmart than making an online purchase at WalMart!
 
Re: report bugs or problems. please

I had them Tuesday, yesterday and today, plus the 'ping' rate is terribly slow. I just sent an email to the guys to let them know though I'm pretty sure they do.
 
Re: report bugs or problems. please

"Database Error" messages worse than usual this evening (6:45 PM EST) -- took 4 tries just to post this! Just sayin' . . .
 
Re: report bugs or problems. please

Yes, I know - and the server knows. It will continue for a while yet. I can only apologise.
 
Re: report bugs or problems. please

I am having recurring problems trying to get into Bonesmart and this is the screen I get. I copied the message below.
Misty

Database error
The database has encountered a problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:
•Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
•Open the www.bonesmart.org home page, then try to open another page.
•Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.bonesmart.org forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
 
Re: report bugs or problems. please

That is the infamous Data Base Error that is a problem right now. Thanks for reporting it, Misty. Jo and I appreciate it. There isn't much we can do except to ask you all to be patient. The systems guys tell us they are working on a fix for it.
 
Re: report bugs or problems. please

Data Base Error is back!!! He is well and strong willed. It is hard to post or read and yesterday I am sure you noticed the big gaps in the posting times.
 
Re: report bugs or problems. please

Data Base Error is back!!! He is well and strong willed. It is hard to post or read and yesterday I am sure you noticed the big gaps in the posting times.

I am having same problem here, mine started yesterday afternoon, worked for alittle last night, but still had reload alot. Doing the same thing today. Works and then doesn't work.:bow::hissy::skp:
 
Re: report bugs or problems. please

I'm so sorry, guys. I'm getting them too. I know from talking with Jo that the computer support folks are working on a fix, but right now I have no firm date when it will be ready. This comes from server overload, so I am told, and nothing can be done until the final fix is ready.
 
Re: report bugs or problems. please

Sorry to have to add my name to the list as well. Everytime I try and log out I get an error report and find that I have apparently been logged in permanently almost.

I am sure a fix is in the future, these machines just have it too high on the head sometimes....

Jackie
 
Re: report bugs or problems. please

I am happy to say for the past hour, I am not having the problem that I was having.:D
 
Re: report bugs or problems. please

New server is being installed as we speak. Probably be up and running by early next week, God willing!
 
Re: report bugs or problems. please

In the last few days (maybe a week now), I haven't been able to post from Firefox. I have the newest version of it. I'm posting now from a different browser (I can post from IE or AOL browsers).

Is this a Firefox issue or a "me" issue?

And, I know that this :catkiss: is a cat, but it reminds me of my Chihuahua.
:hehe:
 
Re: report bugs or problems. please

I haven't had any problems posting with Firefox. I don't like Internet Explorer and my computer geek daughter and her hubby said it's not as secure. The only time I'd use that is when Firefox doesn't work when I'm trying to order something (rarely) and then IE does.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom