Guest viewing is limited

report bugs or problems, please

Re: report bugs or problems. please

Did you reboot your system??? Sometimes that can clear those gremlins out....
 
Re: report bugs or problems. please

For the last several days...maybe a week or more I have been getting the data base errors that others have talked about. You get bumped from the forum and a screen comes up that says "Data Base Error." Most of the time access is restored fairly quickly, but it is irritating, as others have let us know many times before.
 
Re: report bugs or problems. please

It's to do with us needing a new server facility. This is being dealt with so please bear with this irritation for the time being. Hopefully it will be sorted sometime soon.
 
Re: report bugs or problems. please

My avatar doesn't ever show up, and I don't see anyone else's either?
 
Re: report bugs or problems. please

Ahhhh....that's easy to fix, Sue. Click on EDIT OPTIONS under the USER CONTROL PANEL in the tool bar at the top of each page. Scroll down until you see the section that has boxes to check like SHOW AVATARS. Be sure you have all the boxes checked so you'll see EVERYTHING!!!
 
Re: report bugs or problems. please

Now how about that posting the same message 3 times Jamie??:rotfl:
 
Re: report bugs or problems. please

Huh!! Wonder how that happened???? Dunno...I'll zap a couple.
 
Re: report bugs or problems. please

Huh!! Wonder how that happened???? Dunno...I'll zap a couple.


Don't do it missy,,or I will look dumb,,,,,
,ummmm,better you then me??:hehe:
 
Re: report bugs or problems. please

Ooops...already done....saving server space, you know :evil: it's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
 
Re: report bugs or problems. please

Around 9:00 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, January 7th, the forum experienced down time on and off until around 10:30 p.m. At times it was completely unavailable and the Database Error message was received.

It cleared up around 10:30 and stayed online until I logged off for the night. But this morning the database errors have reappeared when I began responding to posts. This was about 10:30 a.m. through the present. It is not consistently down, but I frequently receive the database error and must either refresh screen several times or get completely out of BoneSmart and come back in.

I notified Jo last night of the problem then via email since I was not able to post here in the Tech forum. The purpose of this post is to officially record the problem last night and document that there are still some problems this morning.
 
Re: report bugs or problems. please

I'm getting so many database error messages today. Once I thought my long message was gone (I'd forgotten to copy it before hitting review), but it was still there when I hit the back button. When I get the database error page, I can usually move to the next page where I wanted to be by hitting reload the current page button two or three times.
 
Re: report bugs or problems. please

:hissy:Me too!!!!!:wahey:
 
Re: report bugs or problems. please

I'm getting the same problems today. It doesn't happen every time, but consistently enough to be a bother. So far, I've been able to hit the REFRESH button a time or two and get the BoneSmart screen back.

Jo, I noticed this problem when I signed on first thing today and it has continued throughout the day. The same thing was also going on last night from around 7:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
 
Re: report bugs or problems. please

I have had the same thing. I spoke with Rich about it and he thinks it's probably a server issue but that's in the hands of the Host

I shall send them a link to this thread, I think.
 
Re: report bugs or problems. please

database errors would be server related, sounds like the database is timing out, if i had the error message i could diagnose from that
 
Re: report bugs or problems. please

Would a screen shot help? Or when I next get it, I could click on the link and get the report.

Just watch - now I'll not see it for ages! :hehe:
 
Re: report bugs or problems. please

Yes, today I have not had a single problem with it!!! The 'pooter spooks KNOW when you're talking about them!!!
 
Re: report bugs or problems. please

Okay...I got the data base error message:

Database errorThe database has encountered a problem.Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the (broken link removed) button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.bonesmart.org home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.bonesmart.org forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.
We apologise for any inconvenience.

********************************************************
Most of the time when you hit the REFRESH button, the page will reload properly. Sometimes you have to click REFRESH a couple of times. The message says the system "technical staff" has been notified of the problem, but I doubt it. We get no notice and it doesn't sound like the server managers do either (or else they would KNOW we were having problems).
 
Re: report bugs or problems. please

I had it happen about 6 times an hour or so ago. Plus pages are often taking upwards of a minute to load and sometimes even longer.
 
Re: report bugs or problems. please

And it is still reporting data base error message.
And I have done the new window and refresh. Then I sneek in on main page then to forum. But as soon as I try to go any where I get the message again. This has been going on for awhile now but today is the worst it has been.
Thanks
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom