Guest viewing is limited

TKR Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, daughter stalker! How is your recovery going? Looks like we have similar history, same knee. I will have to look up your story.

BTW, I am paying today for yesterdays great day. Woke up in night with serious pain, including a worn out quad muscle. All in all, it was worth it, and i seem to have established a pattern of wearing my surgical leg out evry three days, and having somewhat of a rough recovery day following that. i can live with that.
 
Good morning 50yrold,

I see that we both have difficulty with slowing down. I am doing okay. I also have ups and downs. My progress is not going as quickly as I would like, but I do see improvement. Slow and sure! Sorry to hear that you had pain last night. I find that Biofreeze helps with the quad pain. Take it easy and keep working at it. Keep your chin up! Yes, it is worth it. :)

Have a wonderful day! :dancy:

Maria
 
Hey, I am there with you. You feel good and so you go out and live a little...then OUCH! I have often used the saying "whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger." Not sure we should be following that mantra just yet. Let's make a pact to be more disciplined for the next few weeks. Have a good Monday.
 
No pact for me. I'll take it a day at a time. If I have the means, and feel good, I'm going for it. I see paying the piper the next day as one step back, two forward.

I once had a counselor tell me 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger' as an adage to describe what he thought was my personal credo. Nothing could be further from the truth. My accident 26 yrs ago didn't kill me, but it crippled me. It definitely didn't make me stronger. I fired that counselor.

If God gives me a good day, I will use it to the best of my ability. So far, that's paid off handsomely, in life, and in recovery.

And, Ready, rollercoasters are still not invited to my party. Sorry.
 
I just figured out exactly why my trip to the big box store yesterday was bothering me. I think I mentioned somewhere that I was a little troubled that my right step seemed to be higher than my left. I was thinking that maybe my right leg was a little longer. I just took a good look at the shoes I was wearing, and the rubber sole of my left was about 1/8" more worn than the right! I had no idea I was favoring the right leg as much as that. Fortunately, I have two other new pair of tennis shoes I had only worn a couple times, and those were not worn, so I can use those going forward. Looks like I'd better check them all, and replace as necessary!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Released!
50yrold, This is an excellent prohibition in your recovery plan. Keep following the mantra, and you should have no problems.

That shoe business is something, isn't it? Amazing the things we never noticed pre replacement.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] Released!
 
Good for you 50yrold. Each of us needs to make our own way through this process. Stick with what works for you. As for me, I am struggling to be more disciplined about staying off the roller coaster. I never know when to call it quits and end up suffering. My best to you.
 
Ok...today is 2wks since surgery. I have to say that my progress is very similar to what the doc said it would be. He gave the rule of two's; 2 days in hosp, 2 weeks wishing i had never had it done, and two months determining how successful the tkr will be for me...i.e., how well I live up to my end of the rehab. I feel right on target.

Yesterday, my PT added three new items to my routine, and increased my ankle weights from one lb to two. I got on an electronic bosu ball for 4 minutes. It was a real challenge, but I could tell it was good for me. He also put memon the bike for 6 min, and on "the rack" for flexion. My flexion is now 122 and extension is 0. It was a midday appt and I didnt finish until almost 2pm so I let myself off the hook for the second workout of the day.

This morning, i did my ankle flexes and quad set in bed before getting up, and iced, and will now go downstairs formthe rest. I have a recumbent stationary, and will do the balances on the trampoline since Imdont have a bosu or bosu machine. I expect a lot of results over the next two weeks!
 
Wow. What a day! I had my first solo outing today, a biz appt about 20 mins away. I got a significant commitment for a sale that will close next month. On the way home, I remembered my cheerleading daughter was a guest host at a local restaurant for a fundraiser, so I went there. Now I'm home, and have iced, and feel great. A couple beers didn't hurt.

I may pay tomorrow, maybe not. But, I'm glad to be closer to being back in step with life. And a soft sale to boot sure helped the pride factor.

Hope everyone is on the mending path!
 
And almost forgot! My daughter won a national contest today that will fly her and my wife out to LA in August for the finals! Nice!
 
Wow, 50yrold! Congratulations for your daughter. :happydance: It sounds like you had a really great day. Congratulations on your sale today! I'm glad that you are taking it easy tonight.

I am going to do my big outing tomorrow. I hope I don't pay dearly for it. :yikes: I don't want to miss this graduation ceremony. I'll let you know how it goes when I return.

Have a wonderful evening! Take care! :flwrysmile:
 
Hey there 50yrold,

How are things today? Haven't seen you posting here in a while. I hope you are doing well. :)

Take care :flwrysmile:
Maria
 
Hi DS! Thanks for asking. I was posting on anothers thread earlier, and dont know how to connect those to my thread. It was mgdurands "recovery not the cakewalk I thought". Good stuff.

I went to PT today and told my guy that my regimen felt the same as all my other surgeries, and I felt like I needed more concentration on being able to walk upmand down steps and more quad strength. He accommodated and kicked my butt, which ismreallymwhat I was looking for.m we had amgreat talk, and he told me I was way ahead of the curve. I kinda felt that way, but really eant to get back to work full time, so i will eat as much pain as necessary to do so.

What I was lamenting on the other thread was this, and that I didnt like that my workout was inflating my knee each time, and I didnt know if it should have been. Great advice rendered, Id encourage you to follow that thread too!
 
Hey 50yrold,

How are you doing these days? I guess you have been busy working since I really haven't seen any posts from you. I hope all is well and that you are progressing nicely.

Take care! :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Maria,

Yes, I've been able to reduce the pain meds enough to have my wits about me to work. Last week, I did a lot of volunteer hours and light duty stuff, and drove to events, just to make sure I was ready. This week, I'm realizing I need to get the income started back up, and have gone back to work. Had PT this a.m., and am still making good strides. Only worked on home PT once this weekend, and got a few things done around the house. My swelling was not reduced today from Friday, but my agility and coordination were up from Friday.

Hope you are doing well! Are you?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom