• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Bilateral TKR Recovery

Hoppy Nanny

big-cheese
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Im going into week 3 ... I’m tired & I only had one TKR... I think you are doing amazingly well ... I’m in awe of you having both done & not being a blubbering mess.. I would be.

My leg feels like cement too... bending... OUCH....not measured mine & no one else has either... Once the swelling has gone down they will bend.... You are doing so well Minnie... just do what you’ve been doing.. a little moving... lots of resting & it will be good... such early days for BTKR...

Keep positive... thinking of you... xx❤ :console2:

Macknit

senior
Country
United States United States
You have done so well, with both knees I can't even imagine! I'm amazed at the people posting here that have there surgeries back to back, then I read of the bilaterals, just like you, and I'm just flabbergasted! You are very brave and much of your nausea and adjustment are the well needed pain pills.

I was told in the hospital that Zofran actually helps the pain medications work better, because they are synergistic (? sounded good to me, I needed both and my pain was well controlled in the hospital?) I didn't have the Zofran at home, didn't need it quite as much but lost weight also! I have gained that weight back now though.

My knee feels more like there is a rubber band around it at all times, but Pain really started dissipating around my 5th week. You have a bit more to go, but you're very close! Hang in there ...blessings to you on this journey! Keep resting and be kind to yourself!

Sara61

senior
Country
Portugal Portugal
I'm so in awe of you- most of us struggle in coming to terms with just one knee and you are just amazing having bilateral.
Keep up the icing /resting and gentle exercises, you will get there eventually and it will be great to get your life back with two new knees. likewise I'm 3 weeks post op on Thursday and am now looking forward to the day I am allowed drive again I hate being dependant on other.
Keep your chin up and think positively xxx

Roy Gardiner

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
It isn't bravery, or anyway certainly not in my case. It was fear of not having the 2nd one after the experience of the 1st, the fear of having to go through it all twice.

OP
OP
Minnie77

Minnie77

Country
United States United States
I've gotten the "your brave" a lot. What people don't see is the crying and going insane from pain, no sleeping and being so dependent on others. Started out patient pt today. I think this place will be good to me. Rom before surgery was 90 and we got 82 today. So I'll just be happy with that! Side note starting yesterday I've got this sharp pain on the inside of my knee I can barely stand on my leg. No clue why but I feel like it's going to start hindering me. I have to remember to be patient but it's really hard sometimes. I really appreciate you all here

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanneyLou
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom