Guest viewing is limited

TKR Recovery the Clipless Way

Here's me on today's hike- a 2.6 miler up and down the notorious "Devil's Slide" section of the Butterfield/Overland stagecoach trail. Strenuous hike, beautiful day!
[Bonesmart.org] Recovery the Clipless Way
 
Oh my, @Clipless .... your photo gives me such encouragement that there is indeed an afterlife beyond these horrible first weeks! Thank you! :roseshwr:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Recovery the Clipless Way

This is me performing trailwork (aka "loving life") 16 months post LTKR/4 months post RTKR. This volunteer day included a 2.5 mile hike to and from the work area. I forgot my trekking poles and carried trail tools instead, ha! I've lost 23 lbs and will achieve my goal weight by summer, yay! I have great function, no pain, and only minimal swelling on the right. For all the newbies, pre-ops, and recent post-ops, you really WILL get back to your favorite fun activities. Just be patient and follow the Bonesmart way!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Diana, Looking good! I'm glad knee number two is doing well. I hope to be doing more hiking and biking this spring when the weather is warmer. Maybe it's good I live in WI so I'm not tempted to do too much too soon with all the snow and cold.
 
Here's me on today's hike- a 2.6 miler up and down the notorious "Devil's Slide" section of the Butterfield/Overland stagecoach trail. Strenuous hike, beautiful day!
[Bonesmart.org] Recovery the Clipless Way
How long has it been?

left knee 9/21/15
right knee 11/30/15
 
Accidental MWA (Manipulation w/o Anesthesia)! This afternoon I was at the gym preparing to use a shoulder press machine. The seat on this particular machine adjusts by way of a ratchet mechanism. I was seated with my RTKR knee bent under me and the left slightly extended. As I lifted the weights straight up over my head- BAM! The ratchet seat abruptly gave way and sent me DOWN.... with not just my body weight but the machine weights, too. I did not hear a crack, but my knee bent really far and boy-oh-boy it hurt!!! I resisted swearing (I think). I was able to quickly raise the seat, but stayed in place a long minute to assess my knee. I don't believe I caused any real damage. In fact I quickly forgot about the crunch and went on to complete my workout. It feels okay this evening but is perhaps a bit more swollen. I'll ice it tonight and see what tomorrow brings. Has anyone else here had an inadvertent MWA? If so, please share your story!
 
Not me and I hope I never do! Just reading your story made me cringe.
I would of probably been in tears :boohoo:
Quite impressed with your reserve and not swearing.
Glad the knee is OK and there wasn't any "crunching" sound :shocked:!
 
That is exactly what I am afraid will happen. PT keeps telling me that I have enough ROM, but then they haven't seen me crawling underneath the house or sticking my head underneath the counters to fix the sink. I have a fear of trying to squat and suddenly doing an unexpected MWA.

After any swelling leaves, let us know if you think you gained flexion. And OUCH!
 
I have not had an accidental MUA but sometimes I think I need one because I wonder if scar tissue is causing my stair issue. I do remember @jmdearras talking about his though. Hope yours was for the better.
 
Back
Top Bottom