THR Recovery Roller Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much everyone!! Your posts helped me so much in this whole weekend...I had to get to a doctor, and it was such a comfort to read that it would likely NOT be infection since it's what I hoped for...I am very relieved to say that although they're keeping an eye on my wound for further discharge, they said that as long as there's no redness or fever, I should be in the clear.

They did find that I have rather low blood pressure, which has been ongoing since surgery, and I'm trying to find ways to get it back up. Otherwise, healing steady.

I wish I was in a better emotional state as my dad is likely facing amputation, but I'm trying hard to cling to hope. Thank you everyone for your kind words, I read each and every one of your posts, and feel so much better.
 
CLG, so pleased it is not a confirmed infection... Who knows... Jo knows... at least she didn't have to eat her frilly hat :)

I can imagine that the worry and concern with your Dad is having a huge impact on you, but just remember this is your journey and you just need to take it one day at a time for yourself. :)

We are here for you and your Dad... Is he a member.. If he is able to register in the Knee recovery section, we could support him ... What do you think?

Anyway honey, slow and steady, you have been through the mill but you will get better.. The lost op blues are a real symptom so just go with the flow.. Better days ahead :)
 
CLG, so pleased it is not a confirmed infection... Who knows... Jo knows... at least she didn't have to eat her frilly hat :)

I can imagine that the worry and concern with your Dad is having a huge impact on you, but just remember this is your journey and you just need to take it one day at a time for yourself. :)

We are here for you and your Dad... Is he a member.. If he is able to register in the Knee recovery section, we could support him ... What do you think?

Anyway honey, slow and steady, you have been through the mill but you will get better.. The lost op blues are a real symptom so just go with the flow.. Better days ahead :)


--------------------------

Most definitely!! I'm so glad she doesn't have to eat the frilly cap either!! LOL! that would have made for one unpleasant belly ache hehehe. She is in luck today ;)

Thank you so much for the support on my daddy, he doesn't have a membership, but I am planning on making him one soon. Your words of kindness are SO appreciated, they're like a healing balm on the emotional wounds we are suffering. I will let daddy know as I have been doing lately :)
 
Hi CLG, have read all your posts, cant believe what you have had to go through!! I am glad you are on the road to recovery and wish you all the best xx
 
CLG glad the incision is ok!
a thought on the blood pressure, have you been taking iron
since surgery? it was recommended for me, as i was also
quite low in the blood counts after surgery, and they say
it takes quite a bit of time to recoup what is lost in surgery
i took supplements for 6 weeks. oh, and ate and ate and ate.
time to stop that now! need to start losing weight!
 
Thank you! jojouk1983 I have sure been through a lot, but I really hope that soon it will just be a bad dream. I really do! I wish you all the best too, hope you're either enjoying your new hip, or preparing nicely!! :) Feel free to share your thoughts with us too, we are here to listen :)

cnydutch As for the blood pressure, I'm taking 2 iron tablets daily, and I had my own blood transfused back into me due to a very low count. I feel quite well, which makes me wonder why the low BP. But overall, I'm getting stronger each day. I hear you completely on the eating part!!! I want to eat my house too. We really need to stop, and give our hip a break ;-)
 
CLG, good to read you are getting stronger each day and yes.... it will be but a distant memory xx
 
I also had my own blood back and then three more tranfusions as well as iron it takes a while for that all to settle down. My iron levels returned to normal at 5 weeks and the dizzy spells were gone by 8-10 weeks. Just hang on in there the journey is worth it :-) just a little travel sickness on the way to better places.
 
CLG, make sure you are not dehydrated easily done as its hard enough to go to the loo so much effort. Then our bodies have got a lot of swelling removing fluids from are circulation and the pain meds as well. Hope you feel better soon.
 
Glad for the false alarm, nothing like the thought of infection to have panic mode set in. Soon you will be doing more and more, enjoying your new hip
 
So happy to hear you do not have an infection sweet girl, we are all riddled with copious anxiety after such a tumultuous procedure and cannot help but feel overwhelmed i insist in contacting my surgeon etc if I have thus level of fear , they can't expect us to just disappear after enduring this level of procedure . I don't give a rats if they get annoyed as far as Im concerned they were emPloyed by us and have an obligation to assist us to full recovery.

As for your precious daddy,my deepest prayers are with you that everything will be ok. Have you sought some counseling from hospital staff etc or otherwise to help you get through this ? When I had my meltdowns in the hospital I actually did talk to a pastoral care person and told her how I was struggling to come to grips with the whole experience I had been through and the new prosthesis in me and she said a few words that were life changing to me. I will always carry them with me. I strongly recommend talking to some one in your church or offered by the hospital or a professional counsellor and I think you will find inner strength for you and your precious father that I don't think you even realized was there.

Can you please consider this? In my darkest hour no one could lift me out until I had this talk with the pastoral care . They are not biased ,unattached to the situation and generally deeply spiritual and I think exactly what will help.

My love and prayers for light in your life always are with you xxxxx
 
Things can only get better my friend. My blood pressure has always been on the low side and at the moment is very low still. I have always been told to drink drink drink. I had my own and donated blood after surgery but still had to take iron pills for 3 months as was told it takes a long time for the body to get back to normal.
Take care and have a good weekend xx
 
Not alcohol I am afraid :angel: was told water was best but any fluid would do :)
 
You know. of course, I was just teasing. Water!---I'd have to go for diet soda---I really don't like plain water unless I am very hot and extremely thirsty.
 
I can drink flavoured water but must say I am a tea belly with occasional coffee when I fancy it :SUNsmile:
 
Thank you so much everyone, I always profit from your words of encouragement, and from the funny moments, such as bottomshollow reference in regards to drinking! A nice margarita would be not so bad hehe. But drink my milk I must! I had been offsite recently because I was in a bit of a funk, the kind that makes one hibernate like a bear, and eat comfort foods. Those blues everyone speaks of have officially hit me, as I was told I could start walking, but have taken off so slow. I'm still not able to walk unnasisted by the crutches. Leg feels super heavy and not stable, which is so sad. I hope it gets strong soon!

millie4162 I am a tea bellly too, especially for the fruity ones. Yummy in our tummy!
puddle fish and bellaroma, Thank you so much for reminding me about the fluids as well, I must be honest and say that I think I could drink more water! I will start today! I really hope to *sheepish smile*

And also stargirl I really appreciate your reassuring words about the surgeon's dayjob, too many a times I've abstained from pelleting them with questions, and asking for answers. They act like celebrities sometimes! May this be a learning lesson to all, that we are the reason they're so successful, and may we obtain some courage to repeat this to them!

As for the pastoral counseling, I was never offered the service at the hospital where I was at, which is quite sad! I would have LOVED to speak to someone. You guys have been my solace and place of refuge, however I do believe that in instances of crisis such as my father's, it's indeed good to speak to someone who deals specifically with those issues too. I will google any in my area tonight :) Thanks so much for the mention! Please keep me updated Stargirl! Details please :)
 
Hang in there.Those blues are something else aren't they ? If it weren't for this site I would have been a bigger
Mess than I was .You are not alone I still have the heavy leg but with pt it is getting stronger. Just think in a few weeks we will be a lot better.
 
Hi CookingLoverGirl how are you? We miss you xxx I pray sunshine is in your world and every day you are stronger and better . Did you get to speak to pastoral care or your church support ? Love and hugs to you xxx :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom