THR Recovery in Labrador

Lol...:swoon:Um....no ma'am.
Bless you for what you do. I can stand 100 degree Fahrenheit, but under 50 is cold for me.
 
Six months ago on April 7th, I had a total hip replacement and now I'm totally hip! I'm getting ready for a visitor from home, the fella and I are sprucing up the joint. Tomorrow we will celebrate Thanksgiving at our home with six or more guests. On Monday (a holiday here in Canada) the fella, our pal and I will attempt to hike out to the spit. Whether we get the whole way will depend more on the weather and tides than my joints! It is about a 14 kilometre hike through woods, over creeks and along beaches.

All this to say huzzah! Life after a hip replacement can be most excellent..
Sorry I haven't been around much but I've been well, working and playing. To those behind me - slow and steady wins this race and for those ahead - don't wait for me to catch up as there are too many flowers to smell.
 
:goodpost: @Iabanan I too am enjoying getting back to life with no hip pain.
Keep fighting the good fight. So happy you are doing so well.
 
It has been 203 days since I was rolled into the operating room in St. Anthony, Newfoundland to get my new hip. Tomorrow night my fella and I will brave the crush of bodies and attend the Halloween Dance here in North West River (population 497). I cannot wait to dance to The Pointer Sisters singing The Neutron Dance. My fella couldn't come to my nephew's wedding this past summer so we have not danced for years together... he is one of the few men who needs no liquid encouragement to shake his tail feathers. Speaking of which, what shall I go as? Maybe a Dixie chicken and he can be my Tennessee lamb. Little Feet for those who require the reference. Hope everyone is doing swell! Love to you all - oldies, newbies and those muddling in the middle!
 
Last edited:
Little Feet? Oh who knew you were one of those?
Your coolness factor just went up 20 points with me. One of my favorite groups... go for it. :chuckmarch:
Don't know how many would get it.
Of course there is the good old standby....obvious but appropriate...A HIPPY!
That was definitely No Small Feat.
 
Okay. Weird confession time. For the last couple of months I've experienced intense itchiness. Nothing a gal wants to talk about but after making sure it isn't anything like new detergent or changes in my diet I'm experiencing the horrible thought that it mart be my new hip. I have never experienced a metal allergy but geez! My hip is stainless steel, titanium and ceramic. I imagine that the there could be alloys in both metals such as nickel. I could send my blood off to the National Jewish Health laboratory. But that begs the question - what if I am allergic? Do I get another hip - noooooo!
 
Noooo! Is right @labanan
I'll bet it's something else....certainly wouldn't hurt to tag Josephine though.
Hope you get answers soon.
 
Oh gracious. Sure am hoping it's something easier than that to solve.
Any different meds you are on?
Does anything relieve it?
We will be hanging on with baited breath.
 
Last edited:
Interesting question although I’m sorry it is something you are having to deal with. I, too, will be watching here for additional thoughts on the question.
 
No - @mojo I'm not on different meds. I'm on synthroid for my thyroid and will get my bloodwork done next week at the docs but nothing different. I'm off drugs now! I will tag @Josephine to see if she has any clues about this mystery. Josephine - I'm terribly itchy and have been for about three months now. Could it be my hip? I'm getting bloodwork done to see if that finds anything - thyroid, anemia, spleen? I've never had a metal allergy that I've been aware of. I've tried collodial oatmeal baths, soda, and cider vinegar. I've gone off typical triggers like dairy and berries but nothing has changed. Gah!
 
Itchy everywhere? How annoying.
Poor thing...sending healing thoughts...go away itches!:gaah:
 
For the last couple of months I've experienced intense itchiness. Nothing a gal wants to talk about
Which leads me to suspect that your itchiness is in a 'delicate' area? Is that so?
 
@Josephine - no it is my torso front and back and my armpits. Not my legs, arms or crotch. I have a fine rash that probably only I am aware of - by that I mean it is not very raised and only slightly red, but I can feel it. I go see my doc this week and will have blood checked as it is time to renew my thyroid meds.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom