THR Recovery in Labrador

Reporting in - you were right @MyAussieGirl ! I cut back on the hot baths and all is good.
In other news I worked my last day on Friday. Yeehaw! I'm not retired mind, too feckless to ever make that work, but will substitute at the reserve school when I like and do okay. Now I'm doing nothing but baking and mankind candy until the new year. Hip grand!
 
ahh love hearing I was right :loll:

Hey sweetie I'm glad you checked in :merry christmas:
 
@labanan

So, did you have a white Christmas? We missed one by 2 days. It snowed on the 23rd but was all melted by the 25th.

I hope your recovery is going well and that you have a wonderful and pain-free 2018!
 
Hi @labanan - Happy New Year!
I hope you are fine and that the weather isn't affecting you too much. I've heard about freezing cold temperatures and blizzards in the US and Canada and they even had to close some airports I just hope you are safe.
Meanwhile, it has been very mild in the Frankfurt area with temperatures around 10°C and it's raining now. We didn't have a white Christmas either. But my hip is fine. I participated in the 31st January run organised by the sports club of my home village and came 3rd in my age group.
Take good care of yourself
Best wishes
Constanze
 
Hi everybody! I haven't checked in for ages. I guess that means I'm doing swell. Thanks @Mojo333 and
@MyAussieGirl and @dougie0216 !! And happy new year @Constanze ! Yes, for those who inquired, we had a white Christmas. We do live in Labrador, pretty close to where Santa hangs out so it would be damned weird if we didn't! Of course, like everywhere on the planet, weird is the new normal. We're having a blizzard right now so no work for either of us. The drifts are so high you can't see the truck in the driveway!
My hip is good and I'm back to Eccentrics, this strange exercise program that is great for joints. I don't feel like venturing out at -35°F. Hope you are all well and I'm going to poke about now! Here is a picture of the front walk from the kitchen window!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Recovery in Labrador
    IMG_20180131_141230.png
    96 KB · Views: 435
Wow @labanan you certainly do have a blizzard going on. Staying in sounds perfect. Glad your hip is doing well.
 
That looks like a Winter Wonderland. It's pretty, but living in the Upper Midwest
I realize it gets old....quick! -35F Now that's cold!
Stay safe and warm @labanan
 
Oh my stars @Iabanan. That is SO much snow...and such cold temps!
So glad to hear from you...you were so soothing and helpful to me through my whiniest times!
I too am doing very well. The minor things that still admit me, are just that Annoyances.
Nothing like that horrid pain we endured prior to hip replacement.
Going to have to google Eccentrics.
What do you do...what is the premise of it?
Hope you stay safe and warm...:loveshwr:
 
@labanan Hi! I'm so pleased to read a post from you. And thank you for your lovely picture. I understand, Australian's don't find the snow & cold temperatures so much fun :). I'm not very good with the cold either - unless I go skiiing - but I haven't done that in decades. I did it when I was a teenager and lived in southern Germany. But it's hard for drivers and cyclists. Froze to death on my bicycle while riding it to work today. - Bye the way: It's groundhog day today, isn't it? But it's overcast here - so we should have an early spring (I hope). My hip is fine and I hope so is yours labanan - Happy Friday - Constanze
 
It is ten months today since I had my hip replacement. I'm so happy to be doing as well as I am, and very happy with having all you bone smarties for support and encouragement! I thought I would write the ten gifts of having a hip replacement.

10. My partner, friends, and family love and support me.
9. There is a strong supportive circle of folks that have been through this and are willing to share with newbies.
8. Artistic expression heals me - whether it is writing, sketching, making dolls, or cooking!
7. Progress to health is individual and comparisons are worse than odious - they are damaging. I can trust myself to know when to push and when to retreat.
6. I don't need to tough it out. I can feel the pain, ask for help, and still be a strong woman.
5. Sleep is blessed.
4. I danced for hours and hours at my nephew's wedding .
3. If I'm there for my spiritual practice, it is there for me.
2. I will not waste my life.
And the number one reason I'm glad I have a new hip....
1.I know, without a doubt, that this life - this human birth - is precious and it asks me to wake up to love and connection.
 
Happy Ten Month Anniversary
What a joy to read the list you've compiled.....thank you!
It is a reflection of a grateful heart and thankful spirit.
All the best to you!
@labanan
 
Right behind you, dear Iabanan.
Figuratively and literally!
Thank you for that post.
I too am full up with gratitude.
When I compare this day, with this day one year ago...it is nothing short of miraculous.
Our reciprocation for this glorious gift is to Live.
And not sweat the small stuff.
Best to you...:tada:
 
Happy anniversary a bit late. -35?!? Another -5 and it would have been -40, C/F
I enjoyed your list, and agree. Having a supportive partner and artistic outlets are essential in everything!!! If I didn't have guitars, keyboards and a kitchen, if be certifiable.
I am so glad you are doing well. I remember your story about finally making it home after surgery. take it travelling has become more pleasurable?
 
Today is the first anniversary of my hip replacement! Calloo Callay oh frabjous day! I'm so very glad that I persisted and got this loverly piece of hardware implanted in my body.

Our bodies are like a bicycle that we have loan of. In our youth, if we are feckless free and lucky, we may use it in a cavalier fashion, treat it as a means to get where we want and enjoy the sensation and exhilaration of coasting down a hill. We throw it down and pick it up as we will, and rarely think of it as something that needs our care. Some of us may embellish it with bits and bob's, but we need to be reminded that parts wear out and its existence isn't guaranteed forever! The reminder that our body is impermanent is a harsh but truly wonderful one. How I have appreciated every sunrise, every ordinary, boring and glorious day this year.

Love to you all, and wherever on this journey you might be, stop and enjoy the view!
 
Happy happy One Year hipversary!:yes!:
Mine is coming up too.
Thanks for the reminders above...and I also am ever so grateful for the opportunity to keep on keeping on.
Love and best wishes for an ever bright future.
:loveshwr::SUNsmile::loveshwr:
 
Happy One Year Anniversary!
Great analogy @labanan
May you continue to experience every sunrise along with all of the ordinary, boring and glorious
days this next year brings! :cheers:

Once again....Loved the 10 reasons you're thankful for your new hip. Thank You!
Hope the next year brings you peace, contentment and abundant love. :loveshwr:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom