THR Recovery in Labrador

Happy Anniversary @labanan . I still remember your tale of trying to get home from the hospital.
When we get all healed-up, it is almost like coming back from a journey that had a demented tour guide.
I'm glad you are doing well.
We went from 24C to -6C in one week. We had freezing rain and sleet last night. It is supposed to be close to 30C by Wednesday. Life on the Great Plains...
 
Hi Labanan,
Is it a Winter Wonderland in your area yet?
I miss reading a Labanan update now and again. They often sounded like romantic adventures. :)
Hoping all is well with you as I tag some of our old BS friends.
Want to wish you a lovely holiday season and a happy healthy 2019!
@labanan

:merry christmas:
 
Hope all is well with you!:reindeerlights:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Recovery in Labrador

Hope all is well with you!
 
Hi @labanan
Happy New Year!
What's the weather like where you are? Did you have a white Christmas again? I had a green one :) And in some spots of the Rhine-Main area near Frankfurt, the roses are still blossoming. It's 8°C (46°F). I summer we had the most amazing heatwave for years - summer weather from May to October.
Stay healthy and fit. Hugs from Constanze
 
Happy New Year, labanan!
Hope you had a lovely white Christmas.
Wishing you all the best in 2019!
@labanan
 
Hello all happy hippies! I realized I hadn't checked in here for eons. Guess that tells you something! This will be way too long if I include everything since I last updated but I'll give you the salient details.

1. My hip is great (both really though one is the one I was given starting out this time around). I don't have any pain in the hip - only a painful tug across my midsection should I spend too long bent over which my acupuncturist and I think is scar tissue . It is no big deal at any rate.

2. This last summer my fella and I moved back to Nova Scotia after five years in Labrador. I miss the solitude and wild beauty but love spending time with my family and friends.

3. Ron and I are going to Cuba on my two year anniversary of hip surgery. Last time I went (a year before my surgery) I was only pain free in the water. I cannot wait!

4. I'm still drawing, painting and writing. Haven't made any dolls in awhile though.

5. I have a pal that is on the long list to get her hip done and I've pushed her your way.

6. Life is good!
 
Hi @labanan , nice to hear from you and that your hip is fine. It looks as if Nova Scotia is also a great place and also quite fresh (when I was in New Zealand, I was told by a New Zealander not to say "cold" I should say "fresh"), since you've had snow. Will you be taking/have you taken on some kind of employment/self-employment in Nova Scotia? Or will you retire? I remember your job in Labrador was very interesting - working with children from minority groups like first nations, wasn't it?
This year's February in the Frankfurt area has been peculiar - very dry, below freezing at night (no snow) and spring-like and sunny in the day. I can see the moon, Venus and Jupiter in the morning sky very clearly. I enjoy that, especially since my eyesight has improved after I had my cataract operated. Now I can drive without glasses; I only need reading glasses. My hip is fine. I did a half-marathon on Feb. 17 in 2 hour 3 minutes - one minute better than last year. Caught a bad cough after that but it's better now. Still working at a German medicines authority as a translator. These are the main points. Enjoy your life in Nova Scotia - and have a successful and peaceful time there. Hugs from Constanze
 
@labanan So happy to hear from you.:happydance:
I was worried you had frozen (I know you are acclimated but I'm a cold wimp):umm:
Ron and I are going to Cuba on my two year anniversary of hip surgery.
Oh, how wonderful...you will have so much fun...and be so warm!:)
I have a pal that is on the long list to get her hip done and I've pushed her your way.
You know she's in good hands.

Life is good!

Yes it is!:egypdance: Do take care, friend.:yes:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom