THR Recovery from Anterior THR with robotic assist

Catching up on your recovery @TinyMom and you sound like you are doing well. The itching and numb spots coming back to life is very familiar to me. I had numb spot with left hip that I thought would be permanent and had the itching/ wake up response off and on for over a year. Right hip has had a much larger area of the numbness that is still resolving, but as it wakes up, I get the itching and the area is very slowly getting smaller. This healing thing is just strange.

Enjoy the limited work as long as you can. I am back full time and some nights very tired when I get home. I am able to fit in some after work activities on evenings I need to (choir, church meetings, needed shopping, house work). We do keep getting better but real recovery happens over months.

I am hoping spring really comes to southwestern Ohio soon. We keep getting teased with it!
 
:wave:hope you have a Good Day.
I am so impressed with how you have managed to for in this ..oh, had my hip replaced one month ago...into all you have to handle.
That bad hip definitely looked like it was "on its last leg:heehee:"
That new pic, with prosthetic, should remind you to give it time to get settled in.
Super woman you are!
Yay for bye bye hip pain!:dancy:
 
@Mojo333, @MammaT, @Layla - thanks for all the encouragement you continue to provide!:loveshwr:This forum is full of wonderful people (and great info) and being a part of this community has definitely had a positive impact on my recovery!

I am feeling really good, so the challenge now is being careful to ramp up my activity slowly so as to not have set-backs. I am using the cane less and less, and my gait is improving. My quad pain remains, but is getting better and stretches seem to help with the tightness. Our bodies are amazing with all they do during the healing process. I can’t believe how much better I feel now just 4 weeks after surgery.

And bonus! It is 72 degrees outside here and the sun is shining! :happydance: Time for a walk!
YAY for our new hips and no more OA pain!! :wowspring:
 
Hope your weekend is healing and relaxing.
:ok:
 
Happy One Month Anniversary! @TinyMom
Hope all is well and you've been enjoying the weekend.
You mentioned snow in the forecast for your area tomorrow. We're digging out today :snow plough:
C'mon Spring....where are you?!

Best wishes as you continue healing :flwrysmile:
 
@TinyMom congratulations on 1 month.:loveshwr: How are you feeling? it's tough running around with the kids. Hopefully they didn't run you ragged over the weekend. Mine had a snow day yesterday, but they were pretty low key--giving me lots of time for rest and ice. :ice: Two of my favorite things right now. Really tired today--I think being back at work is hitting me, plus husband is away so there is a bit of added stress.
 
@hipster333 - thanks for checking on me :) I am doing pretty well, overall. Need to catch up on sleep, as I had a bout of insomnia the other night (not related to my hip)... yet, here I am after midnight, unable to sleep again :bored:

I’ve been going to outpatient PT to see what I can learn there. I’m being careful after reading lots of good info here. I won’t let them push me through anything that doesn’t feel good. I do like the stretches, though. At my session today, I think I woke up some muscles I haven’t used in a while, so I’ll have to see how I feel tomorrow.

I really feel for you with your husband being away. Mine travels for no more than 4-5 days at a time, and only periodically - but I hate it! I always feel so stressed and overwhelmed. I’m sorry you have to deal with this so soon into your recovery and shortly after returning to work! I know you just have to do what you have to do as a mom and you’ll muddle through it, but it still stinks.:sad: Take care of yourself best you can. Hope you can keep your recovery on track and that your pain eases!
 
Ah @TinyMom you're so sweet. I'm sure I'll get through it. Just left a message for my OS to let him know I'm still in a lot of pain and see if there is anything else I should be doing. I have an appt with him in two weeks. His receptionist said he's in today so she's going to talk to him. She thinks at this point I should be feeling better, but is going to check. At least this way he knows if they'll need to do any extra x-rays for my 12 week follow-up and maybe can make some suggestions. It's the hip flexor pain that is worrying me the most (I didn't have any of that before surgery).
I'm glad PT is helping you and that you're starting to feel so much better. Very smart move to take it easy on the physio. What types of stretches do they have you doing? Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong--not enough stretching. Everything is still so tight and I have limited ROM.
I hate the insomnia. Poor you! Praying it's better and you can sleep tonight. :sleep: Hopefully your hubby isn't travelling anytime soon--very thankful the kids are older and can fend for themselves most of the time. I couldn't imagine doing this with littles.
 
Hi @hipster333 - hmmm, I’d be worried too if I was getting new pains... not that you should be concerned, but I would feel the same way. Hope you hear back from OS soon.

The best stretches for me have been my quad stretches, which actually should help hip flexor tightness. The ones I like are these: 1) start sitting on the bed with knees at the edge and lower legs/feet hanging down toward the floor. Gently lay back, on a pillow at first if needed. Press your lower back down to keep your back from arching. 2) Stand facing a counter with a chair nearby. Keep your knees together, bend your operative leg at the knee, lifting your foot up to the height of the chair. The idea is to position yourself so you can rest the top of your foot on the chair and hold the stretch for 30-60 seconds. I am probably not explaining these well. Will see if I can find pics.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Recovery from Anterior THR with robotic assist
 
Thanks @TinyMom I'll give those a try. I heard back from OS who said that it's pretty normal to still have the pains I do and I may have them for a couple of more weeks, but they should be getting better soon. I have a check-up with him in 2 weeks so we'll reassess at that point. Doesn't help me feel better right now, but there is hope. :yay:
 
Hope your day was manageable, and all is still going well.
I've been running Like a chicken with its head cut off and my thighs can still get achy after almost a year.
Is a journey, but so much better than we was:yes!:
 
@TinyMom
Hey I found your thread way out on page 3?
You are so sweet to follow me and lots of others, so I just wanted to post here to see how you are doing.
Hoping you're getting around better and better every day and sleep is not elusive.
 
@TinyMom just checking in to see how you're doing. I know it's crazy once you're life picks up some of the "normalcy" again. :friends:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom