TinyMom
member
Hi to all my hippie friends, @hipster333, @Mojo333, @Layla, @sequin98, @Jaycey, and @BeBe too! Thanks for the 2 month anniversary wishes!
My hip apparently would like me to retire because it has not been happy since I went back to work! Well, retirement is not going to happen anytime soon, so I will have to find my way through this!
PA and PT agree it’s either tendinitis or bursitis. My IT band is so tight! At PT, we stick to stretches, a little gait work, and balance practice - and lots of massage and foam rolling. My PT is awesome and not pushing the typical strength exercises that would aggravate things. I follow the BoneSmart mantra and don’t do any home exercises, as I know it can do more harm than good. PT says walking is not good for me right now, as pushing through hip extension is where I get pain. Unfortunately, I’ve had to walk more now that I am back at work - only what’s necessary - but it’s definitely not helping.
The pain is not so bad that I feel I need medication, though I do take Tylenol when it’s bad. At PA’s instruction, I am taking Diclofenac (NSAID) again, not for pain but to try to ease the swelling where my IT band connects. The plan with the PA was that I would get a cortisone injection if pain was still a problem at the time of my next appointment with OS, which is next Friday. @Jaycey - you mentioned that members have had good results with the injections. Do you have a sense for whether these are needed on an ongoing basis, or a one time injection to ease the swelling so the area can heal? It should be an interesting appointment, as my left hip has decided to start barking in the last week, too.
All in all, I am trying to stay positive. Though I have this pain, I am so much better off than prior to surgery. I have no pain unless I am walking, and even then, it’s not terrible. I just worrry that things aren’t healing properly or that I will have longer-term problems. Other than the IT band issues, my quad muscles are getting closer to normal, my scar is healing well, and I have regained a lot of functionality. Sorry for the long (and somewhat whiny) post. I wish I had time to check in here more regularly!! Thanks to all of you for being here and for your continuous encouragement and support!!
My hip apparently would like me to retire because it has not been happy since I went back to work! Well, retirement is not going to happen anytime soon, so I will have to find my way through this!
PA and PT agree it’s either tendinitis or bursitis. My IT band is so tight! At PT, we stick to stretches, a little gait work, and balance practice - and lots of massage and foam rolling. My PT is awesome and not pushing the typical strength exercises that would aggravate things. I follow the BoneSmart mantra and don’t do any home exercises, as I know it can do more harm than good. PT says walking is not good for me right now, as pushing through hip extension is where I get pain. Unfortunately, I’ve had to walk more now that I am back at work - only what’s necessary - but it’s definitely not helping.
The pain is not so bad that I feel I need medication, though I do take Tylenol when it’s bad. At PA’s instruction, I am taking Diclofenac (NSAID) again, not for pain but to try to ease the swelling where my IT band connects. The plan with the PA was that I would get a cortisone injection if pain was still a problem at the time of my next appointment with OS, which is next Friday. @Jaycey - you mentioned that members have had good results with the injections. Do you have a sense for whether these are needed on an ongoing basis, or a one time injection to ease the swelling so the area can heal? It should be an interesting appointment, as my left hip has decided to start barking in the last week, too.
All in all, I am trying to stay positive. Though I have this pain, I am so much better off than prior to surgery. I have no pain unless I am walking, and even then, it’s not terrible. I just worrry that things aren’t healing properly or that I will have longer-term problems. Other than the IT band issues, my quad muscles are getting closer to normal, my scar is healing well, and I have regained a lot of functionality. Sorry for the long (and somewhat whiny) post. I wish I had time to check in here more regularly!! Thanks to all of you for being here and for your continuous encouragement and support!!

United States
Yikes... I’ll be saying “Oh my stars!” like 



