Guest viewing is limited

TKR Recovering & Getting Ready for #2

Hah, Sandy. I uses to drive my GS leader crazy with pranks. Now I think I must have been a real pain in the you-know-what! :rotfl:
 
I agree with Debbie - do tell! Girls, after all, will be girls!! I don't know where you are in the country, but our girls started taking pre-orders for cookies today! Love those Thin Mints!
 
Knees are still reacting to my little spill on Tuesday. Stood up for the first hymn in church today and couldn't stand for the whole thing without support. Dang! Too much pressure on the renewed swelling. Sat for the rest.
 
I agree with Debbie - do tell! Girls, after all, will be girls!! I don't know where you are in the country, but our girls started taking pre-orders for cookies today! Love those Thin Mints!

It is Girl Scout Cookie time here, too. I always get my cookies from one of my students, so the girls race to see who can get to me first. I only buy from the first to get to me.
 
WTG Tim. When the girls start getting to school at 6 am to get your order.... Which side of the northern part of the Buckeye State are you - Toledo or Cleveland, generally speaking? :kittykiss: I'm from Erie originally.
 
Oh, boy... GS cookie time is one of my favorite times of the year! YUMMY!!! :)

My husband and the boys devour them a whole box at a time. So, usually we buy 5 boxes for each of us. I freeze some of mine, but theirs are always gone really fast. I end up getting one box from each girl who asks at school. I just wish they would bring back the Lemon Pastry Cremes!

I am dying to know what a girl's gotta do to get kicked out of Girl Scouts! ;)
 
1 1/2 weeks post-fall report; when I did PT Monday, left (newer) 4-week knee was at 100 degrees flex and -15 extension; right 11-week knee was 112 degrees flex and -10 extension. 3 PT sessions and one with my massage therapist this week. Today after PT left was at 120 degrees flex and -5 extension, while right knee has returned to levels before left knee replacement in December - 131 degrees flex and -2 extension!! Whew - tough work, but worth it. She was amazed at the difference in swelling today too - the massage work makes such a huge difference for me! :dancy:
 
That's a lot of improvement in one week. It takes a lot to get a few measly degrees. I agree, I think the massage is really helpful. My PT is a lymphadema specialist and she also did some myofascial work on the back of my leg. That helped a lot! I'm glad you're feeling better and back on track after falling. (I was going to say "after the fall" but it just sounded all wrong). Anyway, remember our new rule...no falling!
 
At PT today, 5-week (left) knee was actually at 126 degrees flex and -4 extension. My PT is ready to hire my massage therapist given the continued reduction in swelling. However, over the weekend, 12-week (right) knee started to get cranky and we are not sure why. Is it typical for there to be some regression? It particularly does not like being the "back" knee when going down stairs.
 
My twelve week knee is really cranky the last few days. I think part of it is that I've really been working on using it normally for everyday activities and that hurts. ThePT said that the best way to strengthen it at this point is to use it. Alright! :spin: you're probably using the "old" knee more too.
 
Wow! I'm really proud of you! My extension is awesome, but the flexion is only about 100. I've been super swollen. I really need to try that massage. :)
 
Lynn, Congratulations on your numbers, and for certain, will get better! Our knees are so individual it amazes me! Mickey and Minnie have there own lives and they let me know daily! So go with the flow and soon, as parents, we can only hope they will get along and they don't throw us on our butt! :heehee:
 
Jackie, you have me giggling (a happy sound!!) :yes!: Randi, I will keep working them.
Bmx, your knee and my left were (in Jackie's lingo) "born" the same day. Last Monday, I was also at 100. Don't try just any masseuse. You want someone with a lot of understanding of the lymph and circulatory systems and the musculature of the legs. Shiatsu training is probably a good indicator - mine is actually certified to teach it. :spin:You don't want someone who doesn't get it to be working with those delicate knees. But my PT does give the flex credit to gettting the swelling down, and our BoneSmart mantra is a tried an true way to do it - lots of elevation and lots of ice - i do that too!
 
I'm glad you got a giggle, because I don't know if you read my whole story but I really was working on picking names for these two knees, thinking if I need to scold one or the other, I don't want the other one to turn on me and throw me on the ground! :heehee: So, I thought of Bonnie & Clyde or Thelma & Louise, then I thought hell, if they got mad they'd throw me down on the ground for sure, so I thought of Mickey and Minnie, a fun couple, who would they hurt?, so I went with it! So I have a fun couple following me for life! Doesn't get much better than that! :yes!:
 
Just popped in and read this thread - omg massage changed my life with this knee! It would feel so good right away and then hurt like hell a day or two after the massage but I did it every week for about 6 weeks and what a difference! My ROM improved so much - flex and extend! I should go back in this week actually. I wish they would make massage a part of everyone's PT - it would be such a bonus! Lynn I think you are amazing having both of your's done! xo
 
Lynn, don't worry about little setbacks as you go through recovery. It's a process and never a straight line. There will be some days that are better than others. But, if you compare week by week, you're going to see progress. You're doing great, so hang in there!!!
 
Back
Top Bottom