PKR Raffs' Recovery Thread<'

@CATSMUM good idea.

@Josephine any idea what could be causing the tight band feeling I'm getting under my knee please? As I said above, my PT said it isn't in the usual place for a tight band. Thank you.
 
The only small issue of concern is that he said he doesn't know what is causing the tight band under my knee because it is l located under the knee not across it. He said it could be a number of things and we'll assess it again when I see him in 2 weeks.
It's probably this - and it's quite normal:
"Tight band" feeling across the front of my knee

Oh, I see that Josephine posted this link for you, while I was writing my post!
 
Great report today! I had that tight feeling around me knee, too. It felt like a rubber band was being stretched every time I took steps. It didn't hurt, but was uncomfortable and weird. My dad, who has had two TKRs said he never felt that. But it eventually went away.
 
Wow what an amazing ROM measurement. Well done you. I'm so pleased things are going okay now. You are well and truly on the road to recovery. Love it!!!! Xxx
 
@KarriB that's a great description - uncomfortable and weird! Stops me bending it properly when I walk.

@CATSMUM good idea, thanks.

@Nana moon 27 thank you. I've been checking up on your thread regularly. May things continue to improve for you too. You've had quite the journey!
 
4 weeks today. Where has the time gone?! Thank you to everyone who has been on this journey with me so far.

Knee seems to have come through yesterday's PT unscathed. It was a bit sore last night but not too bad. I slept well (5 hours in one go! then a few more hours on and off after that) and knee feels the same today as it did before its adventures on the exercise bike.

Did my first set of new PT exercises this morning. Took it very gently indeed. Can really feel it afterwards in my quad rather than my knee. Went for a 15 min or so walk up the horrid hill and back. It is such an unpleasant walk (not just the hill but uneven pavements and it is a main road so lots of traffic whizzing past and lots of people staring at me as I limp along...) but one I need to conquer as it is the route to freedom and independence. Knee was ok, 15 mins was about all it felt happy doing, it does not like walking down the hill on the way back AT ALL. Been icing and elevating since. Going to do my second set of PT for the day shortly.

Contacted my boss with a progress report and said that all being well I am going to start working from home part-time from 18 August which will be 7 weeks post-op exactly. I can break the hours up throughout the day if I need to so I don't have to sit at the computer for too long in one go. I'll then start to increase my hours as and when I feel comfortable doing so.

Hope everyone out there in knee-land is having a good Tuesday.
 
Time goes so quickly, was just saying that to a friend today. Well done on sleeping for 5 hours. Glad the exercises are going well, just remember to ice after you finish.

Hope you're going to be ok working so soon, albeit that you're working from home. Just take it a day at a time and see how it goes.
 
Isn't it so great to see Progress? My knee does not like downhill either. When not at work, I try to do 2 15 minute walks. PT makes mine sore too, but it feels so good this morning! Almost normal. Sleep is heaven isn't it?
 
Well, the blues have hit me like a ton of bricks this afternoon. Very frustrated with how difficult I'm finding it to walk well because of the awful tight band. Frustrated at how little I'm able to do before my knee complains. Frustrated that it still feels so immobile. Frustrated that I have to think before doing anything. Frustrated at how long it takes to do anything. I know I'm doing well and know that these feelings are very common at this stage. Just wanted to have a bit of moan. Thanks for listening :boohoo:
 
Oh, I am sorry you are having a tough day. Your body and mind have been working very hard to adjust, and I can see where they get fed up. I am a little over a week behind you, so can offer no words of advice. These blues seem to just be part of the process. A virtual hug for you!
 
Hello @Raffs

Yes, the blues are common and can occur at anytime during the recovery but more so in the first few months. The only suggestion I can make to you is to try and distract yourself into something you can do. Try and focus on the small things you've achieved so far. Every small achievement builds up until one day there's a big one morphed from all the small stuff you're building up. Try phoning a friend or relative even if you don't really want to. The distraction especially if they're chatty is great. Try not to be too isolated either, that can be particularly bad for you too. Arrange for friends to come for coffee or something.

The other thing is the social room on this site. There is a games area where you can play word games such as DIY limericks which is often hilarious xxx

I do hope you feel better soon, just remember on here you are never alone. There is always someone around xxxxx also in the social area us sleepless in Bonesmart land xxxx
 
Hang in there lady. I have melt down like that about once a week! We can do this!!!:yes!:
 
@Raffs! So sorry you hit an emotional wall. I can so understand the frustration. At four weeks out, it sounds like you're doing really well for where you are in the process. I'm just 2 weeks and I am already feeling twinges of "this is getting old".. but (and I have to tell myself this as well) "It's a marathon, not a sprint".. I find trying to focus on the "good stuff" keeps me from dwelling on the things that are frustrating. In one of your recent posts you mentioned how fast the last 4 weeks have gone. (I find it's odd that time can seem to go fast and slow at the same time). Hopefully the next 4 weeks will seem to go just as quickly and you will be that much further ahead.. Hang in there! Like Slainte, I'm sending a virtual hug!!!! :friends:
 
Hi @Raffs Hope you're feeling a little better today, the blues are not nice. Recovery is such a roller coaster isn't it? You're doing so well so keep you're chin up. And if you can't have a moan on here, then where can you? We all understand what you've been through and know exactly how frustration can get to you. xx
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom