PKR QdogPa recovery

@Qdogpa Have you tried the clingfilm/Saran wrap for your knee at night? It works for me, tried it for a week and now sleep comfortably without it.

 
Just finished my 4 th week of PT at a facility, after 2 weeks PT with homecare..
120 and 1...so all seems good...at end of session , I was asked to fill out a questionnaire... rate from 0 -4, zero being worst...some ridiculous questions such as

can you run on uneven ground ? Ummmm ZERO
can you run on even ground? Ummmm ZERO
can you hop....ummmm zero
can you do all your physical activity ? Ummmm 1?
climb steps? 3
come down steps...1

and so on and so forth...ridiculous
 
Sleep! I hardly knew ya! Best sleep since surgery, though that’s not saying too much...and without use of an Oxy or Ambien....knee still achy and painful around kneecap and close by, but not that bad ...progress!... I have also started to “ gently massage “ around the knee, and find it to be hugely helpful.. I am using one of those hand ‘ stress” balls, , i am very gentle near the incision, and a bit more “deep” as I get into the thighs and calf...it seems to be stimulating the area...time is our friend!
 
My PT gently massages around the knee also and I do the same at home too. Agreed, helpful. But oh so carefully.
 
Ok, so after 6+ weeks of pity and lacking incentive to do anything, I sat at desk in my home office to tackle the pile of mail on my desk... I was surprised after about 30 minutes , I stood up , and my knee was barking... currently icing it, and I guess I should expect similar for awhile going forward.....
 
We have an article in the Bonesmart Library about pain after sitting, we call it the Movie Sign:


Here’s a link to the whole list of articles in the Bonesmart Library. Lots of topics there!
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/library-index.14830/
 
Tomorrow was last scheduled day of PT, and I have cancelled. therapist was very good, but her massaging and bending the knee would result in sore after affects of aches and pains, though not so at the time of it...All the exercises, except the down step ones, were easily done.., figured I would just let the knee rest and get on with ALD’s...I am close to where it should be...1-2, and 120...see the surgeon Monday which. Is just about 8 weeks Post op.. will discuss if I should get another script to continue PT...leaning towards not continuing .

time is our friend
 
@Qdogpa I think you have done incredibly well with your exercising. There's only so much we need from PT, I believe they can get a bit too carried away. How's your sleeping now? Not very good with me, just so hard to get comfortable. Let's take each day and keep counting. Take care xx
 
Your numbers are fabulous for 8 weeks! You will continue to heal and strengthen the rest of this year by living your life, as you are able.

I love your continued mantra, time is our friend. It’s so true.
 
Sleep is a tad better, not tossing and turning all night, only most of night,lol....just got back from grocery store as our county is under some type of lockdown, all schools, gyms, some major malls,etc due to coronavirus.... 40 minutes of getting essentials, or what was left of essentials, and my knee is barking...came home, unloaded groceries, now icing...it is a tired , aching feeling, and my walking is affected by it,more like limping .

Will see surgeon Monday,,unless more strict measures are put in place...until then....time is our friend...
 
Well, 8 week post op tomorrow with surgeon will be done via telemedicine as coronavirus is causing havoc all over. Trying to understand the aches and pain at top of calf in knee joint...very achy and annoying...also getting some nerve? Zingers in my calf as well...best wishes to all going thru this, and don’t forget... time Is our friend...
 
I wish all my appointments had been done via telemedicine as my surgeon was a fan of force bending my knee to measure my ROM. :hairpulling: And I had a lot of checkups. It took me until my 7 month appointment to refuse to let him do that.
 
1 step forward, 1.5 back..ughh...miserable night sleep last night, lots of nerve? Zingers, behind knee aches, knee cap very sensitive,i can only assume the knee is healing itself as nerves and tissue try and recoup....8 weeks and it feels like eternity...trying to stay positive, and will continue my mantra

time is our friend !
 
@Qdogpa I am 8 weeks today as you and can relate totally. Sensitive is just the word!!!! Went for walk 2 days ago and unbelievable pain and swelling. Where did I go wrong??? Didn't take crutch and probably should have but that's all I seem to be doing now, asking myself questions. At least we can compare on here and hopefully move forward. Take it easy, you know the drill rest and ice. Sending hugs xx
 
For those ahead of my current 8 weeks post op...when does the numbness surrounding knee disappear? Also knee cap is “extended” forward , I assume still some swelling? Walking is kinda painful, not terrible, but not great..Though it is a different type of pain then pre surgery... might need to re start Tylenol’s or advils...
 
The numbness lasts for months and gradually diminishes. Some of it might remain. I still have a little but it is hardly noticeable.

I took Tylenol round the clock for months, I feel it helped and I didn’t have any problems with it.
 
I'm uhm *counts on fingers* 15 weeks post op and I still have numbness. Well honestly I still have some numbness on my August knee as well. Neither bother me persay and it's gotten less noticeable but it's got a numb-ish feel to it still
 
i am a week behind you and my kneecap is also the most tender. I still can’t figure out how much is too much being on my feet as I don’t pay for it till the next day. The whole area on the left of my incision is numb.
 
Also knee cap is “extended” forward , I assume still some swelling?
My right knee cap definitely pokes out more than my left one. I asked my doctor about it, and he seemed unconcerned. Thought it might settle in, eventually. I had two surgeons at the same time, and they used different materials behind my kneecaps. I don't notice any difference in the feeling around my kneecaps. Maybe it doesn't matter.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom