THR PuppyLove's New Hip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before this year, I never even considered joint replacement. I was part of that crowd that thought it was for "older people". If I had only known, I may have been bionic years ago!
So true @PuppyLove ! I look forward to following your knee recovery!
 
@bottomshollow I didn't sleep through the night for about 6 weeks after my hip. I had planned on a lot of reading during recovery, but Bonesmart was about all I could concentrate on. Thank goodness for all the Hallmark movies I recorded! Last year I did almost all my holiday shopping on Amazon due to my hip; I'll probably do the same thing this year. I'll have to live with whatever my 12 year old daughter does with the holiday decorating- she's very creative. :dubious:
 
@PuppyLove Great update on your hip. Sorry to hear your having knee issues. I had such pain in my knee before had my hip done, and since 4/30/14 I have had not one ache or pain. I think is all how i was walking. Best of luck if you go through with the bi replacement. I try to check in as much as I can to the BS, but never sitting always walking now haha ;) Keeping good thoughts...Sue
 
@Sue629 it's so good to hear from you! I'm glad to hear your knees have improved. I knew my knees were bad before I learned about my hip, so this is not a surprise. I'm looking forward to having a better body!
 
6 Month Update:
I've been busy on the knee side and totally missed my six month hip anniversary. It's hard to believe that a year ago I had been to the OS for knee pain and was just starting to discuss the lingering groin pain and hip buckling I had been having intermittently. It seems like such a long time ago.

I rarely even think about my new hip anymore. Occasionally I will feel a twinge or a small amount of groin pain lasting a very short period. My hip works great and I have no restrictions. Joint replacement is miraculous. At this point I am only limited by my knees. My scar is still purplish, but my scars don't tend to heal "pretty" - I still have visible signs of small scars from 40 years ago. What a small price to pay for mobility without pain!

I used to wonder why I have such bad joints at my age. I finally decided that, besides whatever heredity plays in it, by going through this trial I have the opportunity to help others who are going through the same thing. Bonesmart has given me so much knowledge and support and, in addition to sharing Bonesmart with others, it is my responsibility to support and encourage those going through joint replacements. It seems like a small thing, but it can make such a difference in someone's life. Thanks to all for your love and support!
 
Puppylove....what a wonderful post!!! Not only are you doing extremely well with your hip, but you want to help support others as they face their surgery. Here's hoping you stay around BoneSmart for a long time!!! It can be very rewarding to see people go from being afraid of the surgery to enjoying life again. Thanks for wanting to be part of that!
 
@PuppyLove nice update. So good to hear how thankful people are for their new hips. I am 7 weeks post op and enjoying my hip. I just take one day at a time. I hope I am like you at 6 months. "I rarely think about my hip anymore." Congrats.
 
@PuppyLove

Chris

Just dropping by to wish you a wonderful holiday season. I still. Cannot believe you had 3 major joints replaced this year.....boy next year will be so quiet for you! That is a very good thing!

All the best in 2015 my bonesmart friend!

Hope Santa was very good to you this year as you deserve it and more:box::santawave:

Finally thanks for all your support during my recovery in the Fall, it was very much appreciated!

Cheryl
 
@CanukTriMom thanks for the greetings! I haven't been on the site for a while. My hubby just spent 10 days in the hospital. We thought he had the flu, went to the doc, tested neg for flu and sent home with antibiotics. 36 hours later we called for an ambulance b/c he had trouble breathing. In emergency room they told us he was in renal failure ( prob caused by a virus and dehydration). He almost died later that day. The doc later told me he didn't think he'd make it through the night. 10 days later he's home and it looks like no permanent damage. Yay! The reason I'm telling you all this is to warn about viral infections (they don't know what it was) and how quickly they progress. I'm a nurse and did NOT see this coming.

I am counting all of my blessings right now. I am so grateful for all you and all my Bonesmart buddies who helped me through this year. here's to a great 2015!
 
Oh my goodness @PuppyLove I am so glad your hubby rallied!!
Good grief!
As if you haven't had enough stuff to deal with....

Hope you have a Happy New Year!
 
@PuppyLove

Holy crow! I, too, am so happy that your DH rallied back to life. Even though you didn't see it coming, you still went into nurse mode and called the ambulance! There are a lot of men who are so stubborn about going to the hospital and thank goodness your DH isn't one of them.

Definitely know there is a much better 2015 for both of you around the corner

Cheryl
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom