TKR Puffin is soaring into the sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear puffin,
I hope you are only taking a break from bonesmart. Are you feeling any better ? Have you called
Your o.s ? We wish you only the best....please post when you are able :)
We miss you :console2:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Dear Puffin, I guess I could be considered a "hare" since this has so far, been much easier for me than I was afraid it would be, but I could turn "turtle" any day. I'm only four weeks out, and the harder therapy is just beginning for me. Hang in there and know that time will heal.
 
puffin...puffin I have been away from the forum for a while and just catching up on your thread...I read that you can't get your walker through the bathroom door...let me give a tip..reverse the legs on the walker!! The legs come off..put the left one on the right, and the right one on the left. This puts the wheels on the inside of the frame giving you the extra inches to get thought the door!!

It takes all of 60 seconds to switch the legs. I had the same issue and husband switched my walker legs and problem solved!!
 
Hi guys
I have been very exhausted this week as I decided to go on a trip to Stockholm with the family last weekend - almost 3 hours each way in the car and a total of 10 hours out of the house. I managed better than i expected however I paid the price for a few days afterwards and was extremely tired, I had a LOT of back pain of the following days which I think must be the sitting in the car together with my gait.

This week I had arranged several outings (outpatient PT, eye-test, wedding shopping with the kids) which added to the tiredness and I keep falling asleep when I finally get to rest.

But it is good news that I have managed these things although there has been some pain and swelling so I need to not overdo things. I have decided that I might attempt to go to the wedding in Ireland after all.

Hope everyone is OK

:friends:
 
Titianlady
I don't think the legs come off the type of walker that I have - a Dolomite rollator - as the frame is solid
[Bonesmart.org] Puffin is soaring into the sky

However I'm trying to do as many trips as I can to the toilet without the walker using the crutches or sometimes nothing
 
Hi Puffin Good to hear you are ok. It must have been nice to go somewhere and have some fun with your family. It seems that there are so many appointments but will be nice to go to your nieces wedding if you decide to a change of pace gets your mind off of the painful stuff. My massage guy asked me if I would consider going to him every other week. I am not at 100 degrees yet and will probably not get much more flex but he told me that I have done so well tried and will manage at the bend I have the pain is no where near as frequent and intense still have some after supper when I sit down waiting for bed understand now why it has been so hard and why the bend has been so hard to get. You are going to be fine this is a difficult surgery and you are going to get through it with flying colours. You are made of good stuff Puffin Holly :friends:
 
Well Thank goodness you were just out and about. :) I'm so happy you feel you may be able to get to the wedding after all. It is exhausting doing things we all took for granted before our knees turned traitor. I find one ore two short trips enough for one day.
Even though you were tired I'm sure you must see the light at the end of the very long tunnel.
Wanda
 
Dear puffin,
So happy to hear from you :) I hope your trip with your family was more enjoyable, after you had a
Chance to get home & relax. I think the tiredness after even small outings is the "energy drain" we all hear
About. When is the wedding ? I am glad you feel up to going...takes our mind off our knees :heehee:
Have a relaxing, peaceful, weekend,
Diana.....June sunbeams :SUNsmile:
 
The wedding is the last weekend in August so I am hoping that I continue to improve in the coming weeks.

I am hoping to start in the pool next week when it reopens after the summer shutdown - the PT is devising a new programme for me.

I have also got an OS appointment on the 19th
 
So glad to hear you have been out and about Puffin. Well done! You have a few more weeks before the wedding and I am sure things will continue to improve.

How great to be starting in the pool :yay: I think exercising in the water will be so much easier. I need to try to go to our local pool but I keep being put off by all the kids and would prefer it quieter :sad:

Have a lovely weekend :SUNsmile:
 
I am lucky that I go to the rehab pool at the physio - it is a small pool where we are all rehabbing various things - we all have our own "work stations" with individual programmes. The best bit is that it is VERY warm at 33/34C so it relaxes the muscles
 
Grrrr - went out for lunch today with the family to eat Smörgåsbord and I think it may have been a mistake as it is a buffé but eaten in different courses and I am paying the price for all of that getting up and down now as painful spongey knee is ack

So I am lying in bed elevating and icing ........
 
Dear puffin,
How are you feeling ? Good I hope :) the therapy pool sounds wonderful. I still ice & elevate everyday
After therapy &walking. :ok: I'm sure you will be fine for the wedding & have a great time :happydance:
Something to look forward to, getting on with life.
Take care,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
I'm hoping to get back into the pool later this week although the PT has given me strict instructions to only do 30 minutes and not the 2-3 hours that I was doing before the TKR :dancy:

I am afraid I am back in the ODIC today with a sponge knee - it is very painful as for some reason it swells much more on one side of the scar which puts pressure on the scar and gives nerve pain up and down
 
Hello puffin,
These knees of ours are so fickle :tantrum: yesterday I was so tight & today it felt great :shrug:
I'm sure with some ice your knee will feel fine. Don 't you dare go in o.d.i.c :no-fin:
I have a feeling it won't be too long before we feel better all the time :yahoo:
One day at a time my friend :friends:
Diana....June sunbeams :SUNsmile: one day closer to recovery....
 
Ooops I may be in the ODIC :gaah: I went for a lakeside walk with mywalker and husband and we stopped for cinnamon apple pie at the summer café by the lake. I didn't really walk very long :dancy: - perhaps around 15-20 minutes total. It felt OK at the time with little knee pain when I was actually walking. However now I am back home I am paying the price of my walk as the knee has swollen and I have a deep bone pain in both knee and shin bones. So elevating and icing again

At least I can rest tomorrow as both husband and kids are out all day :ok:
 
Hi Puffin! Everyday is SO different with these new knees! One day we feel like a million bucks, then the next day we are icing and resting. I do not think I have walked non stop for 20 minutes yet unless you count shopping in with that. That was pretty brave of you! I am waiting for some Nordic poles from Amazon so I can TRY going for a walk around the block. The poles are suppose to give you balance and take some on the pressure off of the knees, as well as give you a better metabolic and upper body workout. Of course I had to buy some new walking shoes... and of course I need to find me some workout clothes so I do not look like a nerd! I have not gone for a darn walk in almost 10 years! I only have a walkman! LOL!:rofsign: .Guess I need to get some new sort of G player or whatever they call them... to listen to music. you can see I am just an old man!:heehee:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom