Hip Infection* problem

Hello plans are afoot for me to go home,not as i would have hoped,vac drainer in situ and IV ,the nurses will come each day and do this for me and generally keep an eye on me. I am rock bottom and need to go home,enough is enough. The Prof came to talk to me today and we have 2options
1 to remove everything and put spacer in again
2 to watch and wait and keep everything crossed
I have come too far not to try everything, I am well,full weight bearing,no pain,well not really. We may still have to do option 1 but time is a healer for me. Thank you for your care and supportxxx

I'm glad to hear you're going home. That should lift your spirits and help you to feel better.

I do hope that you don't have to re-do Option 1, but it's good to know that The
Prof has been frank with you. I'm sure he'll keep a careful watch on your test results.

Hello plans are afoot for me to go home
Oh my stars... Great to hear.
I know you will be happy to be home... Clinical settings are So Depressing :sigh:
Sincerest continued prayers for you my friend @clodaghcov big virtual hugs :loveshwr:

So glad you are going home
:happydance:
Continued healing vibes coming your way, friend

Good morning...for me, my friend.
I hope you are home where you can feel comfy and be around the things you love.

After such a long series of complications and disappointments, it is hard for me to find words to let you know how much I am wishing all the best for you.

I hope that most of all, you can keep your graceful sense of hope (and humor.)
I wanted to let you
know that we can just dub you the queen of cha cha...someone who figures that taking a step backward after taking a step forward is not a disaster, it’s more like a cha-cha.”

Big ole hugs for a good day.

Hello, It’s wonderful to read the good news. Safe travels to your happy place if you’re not already there. There is no place like home!

You paused, pivoted and now you’re back on track again. Prayers you bounce back stronger than ever. We’re with you all the way!
@clodaghcov

Hello again,yes home,just got to make sure i stay!.. its certainly a rocky road getting used to the drugs so each day is abit of a challenge but we will get there. No actual hip pain just sinus, which i guess is them fiddling around with nose in theatre. I thought i would come home and was looking forward to putting nice clothes and make up on so i am bitterly disappointed in myself that only just now 4 days after coming home i am making abit of a start.

The Roc nurses come each day to give me IV Daptomycin and generally keep a watch on me,they are the lifeline for me being at home

The dogs are wonderful,and just to feel fresh air and hear birds sing is so therapeutic after 6 weeks in hospital. Everything seems to be running very smoothly st home i just need to be!! Hugsxxxxxx

Yay to be home... So glad you have some good home health care, my dear friend.
I do think just being surrounded by the wonders of nature rejuvenates and inspires us.
Big hugs xxxx @clodaghcov

Just popping by to say hello and hope you have a good day.:flwrysmile:

Thank you Mojo,1 week home,feeling slightly better each day,but want to feel great again!! Sinus still playing havoc,had clips out today lots of serum leaking but i will get there,very cold here. Hugsxxx

Hello @clodaghcov
Hope the temps have warmed and that your incision is drying up.
May this week be a good one for you. :)

Still abit of a rolor coaster!,but my CRPis down to 14 which is great,but serum keeps flooding the vacum pump,but i have had this before so know what my body is upto and although i want it to stop better out than in!
I cooked my first meal yesterday and i guess its telling me to chill out and sit still!1
Big hugsxxx

Yay for the CRP! :thumb: Thats some awesome news.
Now go chill....orders from headquarters. :wink:
@clodaghcov

Hello @clodaghcov
I hope you’re doing well this week and your CRP is leveling out and favorable.
Also hope your energy level is increasing through restorative rest.

I think we‘re missing a date in your signature. If you’d like us to update it with procedure or date, please let us know and we’ll edit to reflect any additional info you provide. Thanks!
Good wishes always! :)

Hi its been abit of a rollor coaster!, when i came home i had really bad one sided headache anyway to cut it all short,have been diagnosed with Giant Cell Arthritis which is often had with Polymyalgia,i think my body has just gone into shock,my CRP jummped to 45 from 14 , so have had to be started on Prednisone again but a high dose 40mg for 2 weeks,then 20 and so on,the headache is gone and the Rheumatologist and hip guys seem content,in 4 days my CRP has dropped to 8 and ESR 6 from 31. Its all very difficult to understand and i have been struggling,i am getting huge long clots out of one nostril so i know i still have sinus problems dont know what they did when in theatre!! I still have a wound vac on but nothing in it,it just is serum leaking,the Prof is seeing me every 2 weeks and the nurses are wonderful each day coming for IV. I think just the combination of 3 antibiotics all nasty ones and now the pred has just put me back,but i will get there,Hugs to you allxxx April 13th Revision, April9th irrigation put in, April5th Prothsesis removed and revison

Hugs and best wishes, dear one. I sure hope things start looking up for you soon and stay that way. You have to be weary, and through all you’re such a graceful trooper.
May you rest easy today. :console2:
@clodaghcov

Good grief... Time out already!!!!

Glad things are levelling off some and I'm still praying things continue to get better and better.
Hugs, dear @clodaghcov

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dcytpoti
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom