Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection* problem

,they know now they are dealing with fungus so feel they are in a better position,

I am glad they feel they are able to get the infection under control ....I do so hate that you are facing another revision.:sigh:
I know how much you love to be out in the warmth of the sun and puttering about with your plants...I hope the time will somehow go quickly so you can be home.
This will be your Easter hip, I suppose, so that has to have some good mojo coming from the devine who makes all things new.
:angel:
 
Good news that they know what the enemy is @clodaghcov, let battle commence. Hope you're soon back from surgery and another step towards full recovery. Best wishes :console2:x
 
Thankfully the offending organism was identified. Now it can just go away!
It is encouraging to read you were feeling calm today. May you be enveloped in peace and comfort as you move toward surgery next week. Please keep us posted. We’ll be here and we care. :console2:
@clodaghcov
 
I feel so much better since the surgery for deep clean and insertion of irrigation ,but the pain was terrible afterwards they certainly did not have it well controlled, but i feel better. I have just reread some of my posts from the beginning and realize what a good diary they are for me,i just have to do better. Diet, should i go completely off all sugar, what else can i do,this has been going on for such a long time there just has to be an ending!! Happy Easterxxx
 
It has been too long and please don't second guess your heroic efforts...
Bad things happen to good people too, unfortunately..:sad:
It may not be lots of help, but please know we are still rooting for you.
 
Hello, It’s good to read your update and see you're feeling better. Sorry you had a bumpy patch with extreme pain.

If you haven’t addressed your diet through all of this, you may want to consider doing so, it can’t hurt, right? Possibly your surgeon, or someone at the hospital can recommend a good nutritionist in your area to meet with to help fine tune your diet, make suggestions on what you should eliminate and advise on supplements that may help build up your immune system. No matter what, we’re here for you. I hope you have a peaceful weekend and a Happy Easter.
@clodaghcov
 
@clodaghcov .... I'm sorry I'm a little slow to realize all the challenges you've been facing with your hip during these past weeks. God bless you for the strength you're showing! You are one tough lady.

It is a positive that the doctors know exactly what type of infection they are dealing with. Am I correct in assuming you also have an infectious disease doctor on your case as well as your surgeon? That is usually advisable and can make things go a bit more smoothly.

Get plenty of rest and let us know how you are doing when you can. We're here for you!2
 
Well surgery is on for tomorrow at the moment. The irrigation system is doing its stuff,my crp has dropped to 50 from 160 last Wednsday,they are onto the right iv plan with 3 different ones and no oral,my guts feel pretty awful but all to be expected. The plan is to remove everything,clean,fill with antibiotics and put a new hip in,also they are expecting to remove the cup which is complicated as my pekvis was only reconstructed in November.


Anyway all this is out of my hands i simply have to go forward and have faith in the team,only time will tell,i feel slightly apart from it all like i am waiting in a bus queue! but i am so determined to do the very best i can and lead a life.

Hugsxxx
 
Good news.. Thank you Lord and you ARE strong and we certainly will Keep the Faith.
Forward is the only choice you have...
And I am feeling positive and hopeful and nervous for you.
Know we are with you in spirit...I know another hip surgery recovery is daunting..
Big ole hugs from me.:loveshwr::roseshwr::loveshwr:
 
Thinking of you and praying all went well with your surgery. I hope your pain is well managed and you’re able to rest comfortably as you begin the journey once again.
Sending love and a hug. :console2:
@clodaghcov
 
Well here i am back to try and get things going and start to feel better! My results are very up and down which worries me to death one minute my CRP is 31 next day 81,something is not going right,the team of course dont come in at the weekend but im sure it will all just take time, It was a long 8 hour surgery where everything came out even the special ice cream cone cup,everything now is full of antifungals and antibiotics and a new hip. Please prayer for this hip i really need every one of you. Big hugsxxx
 
So good to hear from you @clodaghcov, I've been thinking of you and wondering how things are going. Wow, an 8 hour surgery, that's a long one! I had one that lasted 6 hours, and one of the surgical assistants complained (jokingly) that he had very sore feet by the end! I guess your team deserve a weekend off now, but I'm praying those results go in the right direction and that they are able to reassure you on their return. Hope your pain is well managed, that you're comfortable, and start to feel better very soon. :hugzz: x
 
Hi there, it’s so nice to see your update. I hope the fluctuating CRP isn’t an alarming sign this early on. If so, hopefully it stabilizes where it needs to be. Eight hours! That is a long surgery you endured, dear one. I will be faithful in following your journey and most certainly lifting you in prayer. Wishing you peace and comfort.
@clodaghcov
 
:friends: me too! @clodaghcov
What helenium and Layla said!!!
Praying for that hip to be happy where it is and no more infection. :praying:
 
Hello, I hardly dare say that I think i am getting better,lots of corridor walking heaps of IVs and wound vacs but,the naughty numbers are droppingi am taking a relaxed approach at least trying to! Into my 5th week the little critters should be crawling away by now!! Big hugsxxxxx
 
Thanks for updating. It’s wonderful to read you’re doing well! I hope the little critters are crawling away. Far, far away....forever. Please keep us posted, we’re rooting for you to get back to strong and healthy once and for all. :) :-) (: :prayer:
@clodaghcov
 
:mcoffee: good early morning, for me, dear friend.
I hope the medical staff is being kind to you.
Hall walking is boooooring and dragging all your lifelines with you :unsure: but glad to hear you are staying motivated and moving. Keeps your strength up...
I feel that this year, though kind of a bad start, is trying to be a good year.
Hope today is a good day and your numbers keep improving so you are one step closer to home.
Here's a dancing penguin :happyfeet:he's one of my favorites.
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom