THR Previous Experience Really Helps

That's such good news! I'm happy to read the pain is under control, she's found a more efficient way to ice and she's mobile. :yay: What a sweet thing to look forward to at Christmas time,
a dance with sweet sis. :happydance:
Thanks for updating. A great week to you!
@BradleyStu
 
Glad Sis will be getting home and I hope you are doing well @BradleyStu
:flwrysmile:
 
:wave: @BradleyStu
Hope you (and sis) are doing well!

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!
Hope y'all are dancing!:dancing:
 
Yep, just what she said.
Hope you're enjoying life, @BradleyStu
Wishing you a lovely Christmas and a happy, healthy 2019!
 
Mojo333 and Layla:

My sister and I sincerely thank you both very much for the kind-hearted holiday wishes. And we certainly hope that you and your families (and friends) also have joyous, wonderful holidays. I couldn't possibly imagine two more deserving people. It's wonderful, caring people like you two that truly makes the holiday season special.

My sister is actually now able to dance, albeit very slowly and deliberately. She's recovered to where her "good" days now far exceed her "bad" days. Hopefully she'll continue to do so and her "bad" days will soon be nothing more than a memory. Personally, I've been doing very well. Certainly, better than I would've imagined only a couple years ago.

On a more serious note, are either of you aware of any discussions within the BoneSmart Community concerning the recent changes in opioid prescription policies?

More specifically, the Centers for Disease Control's (CDC's) 2016 "recommendations" for opioid prescription guidelines that numerous physicians, hospitals, have literally been "strong-armed" into adhering to by the DEA, for no medically-supported reason.

I assume a good percentage of BoneSmart members are also chronic pain patients. Having already been diagnosed with both of my knees and shoulders also needing to be replaced. I unfortunately have been such a patient for 15-plus years, yet I’ve had my pain managed through an opioid treatment program that my Pain Physician has (thank God) kept me on for over 15-years.

Regardless, I was recently advised by my Pain Physician that despite the adverse effects it will undoubtedly have on my quality-of-life, (and pain levels) he “is being forced by the government” to taper my medications down to approximately 25% of my long-existing levels. Which is unquestionably going to significantly effect what quality-of-life I had remaining.

I spent years unable to walk, or even leave my house for anything other than a doctor’s appointment, which always necessitated the use of non-emergency medical transport. Virtually the very day I finally overcame so many physical obstacles to finally regain the ability to actually walk again, the government is going to intentionally put me right back where I was 6-years ago? Sitting in my bedroom or laying in my bed 24-7 – 365 days a year doing nothing more than wishing I was dead.

I apologize for even bringing this up with such wonderful people like you. And it really pisses me off that I felt that it was even necessary to do so. And, I’m not looking for answers from the BoneSmart community. However, I would like to know what, if anything that might have been discussed, planned, etc., that might possibly help rectify this unbelievable situation.

It’s difficult to comprehend the unimaginable injustice, needless pain-and-suffering, the suicides, etc., that are being deliberately perpetuated by such unthinkable ignorance. The government has no right, nor any business interfering in, or even being remotely involved in peoples/doctor's relationships, medical decisions.

Any comments or suggestions that you might have concerning this inhuman atrocity would be sincerely appreciated.

I hope you and yours have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

And, I apologize again for bringing this up at this time of year.

Very sincerely,
"BradlyStu"
 
The opioid situation in the US is very disturbing. I can well understand your concern. Sounds like your pain doc is on your side but being strong-armed by policy. Does he have any suggestions on how to fill the gap in your pain management?

I do hope other members will come and comment on their experiences.
 
I have certainly seen the reports and first hand accounts of the pressure doctors have been put under to reduce the number of opioids prescribed.
I hate that it affects people who truly need them. I certainly did!
There ARE doctors who overprescribe..there are people addicted and dying from opioid overdoses...
And there are people who truly need relief from chronic pain.
People's needs can't be managed by statistics.

I AM happy that my "condition" could be resolved with surgery, rather than managed with medication..much better way to live as all comes with a price.
For some, there are no choices.
Hope you will get where it isn't necessary for you to need them.
 
Like most people, there’s nothing I'd like more than to never "need" to take anything, ever, for any reason whatsoever. Unfortunately, if I want to remain somewhat mobile that's not possible for me for the time being.

Hopefully, I’ll continue to improve and eventually overcome and become 100% drug free. Unfortunately, my physical therapy has already been somewhat curtailed.

I’m hoping there will be some form of compromise reached soon.

And thank you again for all that you do to help people through such trying times. I can't put into words how much I truly appreciate it. It truly is a blessing.

I hope you had a great Christmas.
 
BradleyStu, I'm so sorry you are going through this. Unfortunately your situation seems to be terribly common. The FDA is now claiming that their "ruling" was merely a "guideline" and that they never mandated that anyone follow it. The whole thing is very mixed up and such a policy is hurting real people out there like you who were on managed programs and doing just fine or who needed short courses of pain medication after surgery. I can only hope the government gets its act together soon as I believe you are right that the very people they thought they were saving are now considering suicide over constant pain and a life of immobility.

There are voices out there who are telling this story. Here are some presentations by Fox News Network on this subject:

https://fxn.ws/2Eo8UnO
https://www.foxnews.com/health/doct...e-and-federal-authorities-step-up-enforcement
https://fxn.ws/2SKaJ1s

Don't give up and keep asking all of your medical team for as much help as they can provide.
 
Back
Top Bottom