THR Previous Experience Really Helps

Mojo333:

How nice of you to ask.

Everything is going as well, if not better than I had hoped for. My leg still has a "knot" in it, just above the knee. Fortunately, it's getting smaller and less restrictive by the day.

I was able to put in +/- 10-minutes on the exercise bike yesterday. Which I remember was a significant turning-point relative to the type and amount of therapy I'll soon be able to incorporate into my rehab, which is good.

I feel somewhat guilty for not posting for so long. As my rehabilitation has progressed, so has my "new-found" life. Nothing special, just once again having the ability to actually move around without excruciating pain has me, well, moving around quite a bit. It's kind of like being 16 years old again and everything seems new.

However, I can't imagine having to go through something like this without the never-ending support that wonderful people like you have so graciously provided.

I couldn't possibly thank you enough for all of the support and kindness you (and everyone else on BoneSmart) has so graciously provided.

Thank you again.
 
Last edited:
:)I'm so glad you are doing well.
Getting back to life IS the point of it all.
Life without hip pain is wonderful.:yahoo:
Hope all continues to go well.
 
Happy 7 month left hipversary!
Hope righty is behaving.

Hope today is a good day @BradleyStu !
 
While I kind of wish it really was my 7-month left hipversary. However, it's actually only been 48-days since my left hip replacement. And considering that it's only been 48-days, I couldn't be more satisfied with how well my recovery has been progressing. After suffering for so long, these past 48-days have passed like 48-minutes!

And while I'll always be graciously accepting of just about any type of congratulations, acknowledgements, etc., for just about anything imaginable (beggars cant be picky). I'm assuming your congratulations were probably aimed at some other lucky BoneSmarter.

My 7-month left hipversary will be around January 21st, 2019. And I'm really looking forward to it.

Nevertheless, it's the thought that truly counts. So thank you again for your kind, considerate thoughts as they are always sincerely appreciated.
 
:heehee: Oops ...I meant 6 months for righty...but I see that was 2017.
Forgive me...need my readers and can't count apparently:whistle:
Just a reason to check and see how things were going really!:dubious:
I see you are still in frustrated recovery mode.
I don't blame you...my memory isn't that bad!
You'll get there...sending good Mojo.:tada:
 
A statement I made shortly after getting home from my second hip replacement (June 23, 2018).
BradleyStu said:
I haven't been unable to take an unassisted step for over 5-years now. I've been unable to walk at all numerous times, for several days. I'm hoping this most recent procedure will eventually break that spell. I refuse to let this horrible disease ruin the rest of my life.

As of August 12, 2018 (+/- 68-days post-op) I've been walking 100% unassisted for the first time in almost 6-years! I have started to regain my "normal" life, and I could not be happier!

I could never possibly truly express my genuine gratitude to the many wonderful people (on this site) that have helped me through this journey.

Nevertheless, thank you all so much from the bottom of my heart, especially you, Mojo333!
 
Hi there!lively to hear about your recovery and things finally going well. I found BoneSmart brilliant for both pre op and recovery. Thanks o BS I opted for the Spinal and was therefore wide awake when I realised the hospital had apparently forgotten my second dose of antibiotics post op.

Now justinto my 6thweek and having to be patient. oS did not believe in support stockings but I iced from day 1 and got little bruising on my leg. My ankle of course would swell up like a balloon and I had to ice straightaway after exercise. After a while I was having more problems with the ankle than the hip. But as the weeks have gone on it has become far less of an issue.

I am so grateful for the advice here, particularly in the first 3 days after the op which were horrible and BS people got me through it!
 
As of August 12, 2018 (+/- 68-days post-op) I've been walking 100% unassisted for the first time in almost 6-years! I have started to regain my "normal" life, and I could not be happier!
Oh @BradleyStu !:yes!: So happy for you!
What a wonderful post and thank you for your kind words!

It is splendid that you are finally getting to walk "all by yourself"
Isn't it just the best!?:yahoo:
And at two months out you sound like you are doing great!

Glad you are getting your life back.
Now do be careful...don't be wearing that new hip out too quickly...you will see more and more improvement!
Onward and upward :egypdance:
 
Aww, what a wonderful post to read @BradleyStu
I'm so very happy for you. I'll bet you feel like a new man.
May it only get better. Wishing you a wonderful holiday weekend!
 
There is no way I can truly express the immense gratitude I have for all the wonderfully kind-hearted people that I’ve had the good fortune of meeting on BoneSmart.

This site, and the people who maintain / frequent it have provided me with so much that in some ways I feel fortunate to have gone through such challenging experiences.

I could never thank each-and-every one of you nearly enough, nor will I ever stop trying to.:roseshwr:
 
Hi there,
Stopping by to wish you a Happy Three Month Anniversary!
I hope you're doing well since you last updated.
Wishing you all the best as you move forward.
@BradleyStu
 
Happy Four Month Anniversary on Lefty!
I hope you're doing well.
Leave us an update next time you drop by. We'd love to hear about your progress.
Best wishes!
@BradleyStu
 
Hi Layla:

Sorry for the delay in responding. I've been so busy catching up on life, actually having a life, I've been remiss in responding to my e-mails, etc.

As for how I'm doing, honestly, it's as if I never actually had anything physically wrong with me. I've gradually returned to a "normal," active life with very little, if any limitations. My new hips have not limited me from doing anything that I've wished to do. In fact, over the past several days I've completed more chores (yard work, tree trimming, etc.) than I had ever previously performed in the past +/- 10-years.

It's been nothing short of amazing and I have God and the amazing, wonderful people on BoneSmart (like you) to thank for it. So, thank you again for all your concern, interest etc.. I can not accurately put into words how much it all has all meant to me throughout this entire process.

Unfortunately, I had to deliver my little sister to the hospital yesterday for her first (and very likely not her last) total knee replacement. According to our wonderful surgeon, the procedure went perfectly. However, unfortunately, she let one of the hospital physical therapists get her up and out of bed before she was really physically/emotionally ready for it and know she is seriously suffering the consequences. I spoke with her on the telephone a couple of times today and she's hysterical about the unbearable level of pain she's suffering through, merely because of some P/T's impatience/ignorance.

I can't tell you how mad it makes me that she allowed that to occur! She was doing just fine up to that point. She had slept through the night and had her pain/inflammation pretty much under control. Now, she's suffering more than anyone should ever need to due to an incompetent P/T, and her own inexperience.

As usual (lately), I'm short on time. But, I want to thank you again for all you've done for me and likely hundreds, if not thousands of others.

I'll try to update BoneSmart of my little sister's rehab progress, etc. as I gain more information.

#testimonials
 
Last edited by a moderator:
:wave: So happy to hear you are doing so well! Getting rid if those bad hips was the best thing I ever did also.
I had a horrible situation early on with PT that left me in tears and frustrated and hurt so I am truly sorry for your sister having to go through that.
Glad you are there for her.
Pop by when able as we'd like to hear an update when you have time.

Onward and upward @BradleyStu :egypdance:
 
I'll try to update BoneSmart of my little sister's rehab progress, etc. as I gain more information.

Would your sister like to check out the knee side of BoneSmart?....lots of smart folk to help encourage and guide her through her recovery process
 
@BradleyStu Glad you are doing well but so sorry to hear about your sister's rough start. For some it is very hard to say no - especially when you are in a strange place and in pain. Perhaps share this article with her: Saying no to therapy - am I allowed to? Please do update when you get a chance.
 
Thanks for the update. I'm happy to hear you're doing well.
It's wonderful to have times when you actually forget you've experienced THR.

We thank you for your kind words in regard to BoneSmart. I found it to be a great resource through my own
THR journey. I'll bet your sister would love the support she'd receive on the knee side of the forum. Please suggest It to her. I'm sorry for the incident that caused your sister's pain to escalate. I understand it must be difficult to think of her suffering. Hopefully with meds and rest it eases soon.

It was nice hearing from you. Please don't be a stranger. I wish both, you, and, your sister, only the best moving forward. :)
@BradleyStu
 
I spent the majority of yesterday at the hospital with my little sister. She seems to have gotten the inflammation and pain somewhat under better control now that she's icing properly. I say "properly" because when I first saw her she was using an ice bag in a pillowcase whilst her knee was wrapped several times with an Ace bandage and covered with a bed sheet and a blanket. Essentially, she wasn't getting any benefit at all from icing because she had so many barriers between her knee and the ice. Once she removed the bandage (actually her doctor removed it), bed sheet, and blanket and placed the ice, (still in the pillowcase) directly on top of and underneath her knee her pain subsided significantly.

She had her Morphine pump removed this morning and she's been able to get out of bed and gingerly walk around her room a couple of times. Her doctor has already authorized her to go home. And she's planning on doing so sometime tomorrow.

At this point, it appears to be yet another successful total knee replacement and I personally couldn't be happier for her. Obviously, she still has numerous hours of physical rehabilitation ahead of her. Nevertheless, it's comforting to know how much better her life is going to get in the forthcoming days, months, etc.

Just before her procedure, as she was being wheeled into the pre-operating room with a terrified look on her face to get her nerve-block performed, I tried to ease her nerves by telling her that we would be dancing by Christmas to celebrate her new knee and her new life. Now, that's one dance I wouldn't miss for the world.
 
Back
Top Bottom