Guest viewing is limited

THR Previous Experience Really Helps

Well then I hope you have the happiest, healthiest Christmas imaginable! Which, from your extremely positive, forward-thinking attitude seems very likely. As I truly believe that one's attitude plays a significant role in anyone's recuperation from such a medical procedure.

And thank you for the link. I can definitely use all the reading material that I can get my hands on, especially concerning topics that I'm currently very interested in.

Regarding the trike I purchased; it's an "almost new" Sun X3 SX Recumbent Trike (with electric-assist). I'd been dreaming about getting an electrically-assisted tricycle for quite a while however, not being able to walk unassisted precluded me from doing so. I inadvertently came across a website where the trike was being auctioned off and I was able to purchase it, with some accessories for a relative pittance. And even with the cost of shipping factored in I still got a really good deal. It should be arriving within the next couple of days and I couldn't be more excited.

I'll continue to provide updates on my day-by-day recuperation and hopefully eventually be able to somewhat document the added benefits of incorporating an electronically-assisted tricycle in one's rehabilitation.

Thanks again for the link and I wish you the best of luck with your forthcoming procedure.
 
Last edited:
Happy Wednesday @BradleyStu
Best of luck with your home PT today.
Hope it's a match. Remember who's boss....YOU :)
Suggestion: take it, or leave it. I'd ice preventatively after PT, even if you're not sore.
Hope you have a great day!
 
Having my worst (soreness/stiffness) day so far. Just getting out of bed this morning was quite a task.

Figuring out the difference between doing to much and doing just enough is apparently something I really need to get a better grasp of. As I was feeling so good yesterday that I obviously way over did it relative to "on my feet" activities. I'm guessing that making myself a sandwich wasn't the smartest thing to add to my daily routine, particularly at this point in my rehabilitation. That, and a combined visit from my home health care nurse and physical therapist pretty much wiped me out.

Tomorrow I have the same home visits scheduled. Which, for the moment I'm not really looking forward to. Nevertheless, I intend on participating to the best of my extremely limited abilities.

I guess that's enough whining for one day. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.
 
Welcome to the BEST side! Isn't it wonderful to know that these 2 surgeries are behind you, never to be experienced again?!! Onward and upward!
Keep us posted on your progress. This is a caring group recovering together, one day at a time!
 
Hi there,
Thanks for the update! I'm sorry your having a bad day. They seem to crop up on ocassion early on.
Please ice any sore or stiff areas, if you're not already.

I'd advise against PT tomorrow if you're able to cancel. If not, I wouldn't power through anything that hurts. If it hurts, STOP. Don't want to see you in more pain tomorrow evening. Take a peek back at the Recovery Article in Post # 2. Scroll toward the bottom and read THE BIG TIP. See what you think....

I hope your pain eases soon. Wishing you a great weekend!
 
Layla:

I was thinking the exact same thing. I'm definitely going to postpone tomorrow's P/T.

And thank you so much for being so responsive to my little whine-fest. It really helps knowing that someone is listening.

So you know, I perpetually ice, elevate all day, every day.

Thanks again for your kind thoughts.
 
Thesoutherncook:

I wholeheartedly agree. There is no better site and there's no better group of genuinely concerned people than BoneSmart.

Thank you for the kind thoughts. I sincerely appreciate them.
 
We listen, we care.
I'm happy you're cancelling PT for today.
I iced all the time too. I believe it really helps.
You weren't whining, but even if you do....we'll still listen and be supportive.
I hope your weekend is peaceful and relaxing!
@BradleyStu
 
Layla:

Thank you again for caring. It truly does help just knowing someone is listening.

I've had a Cold Rush Ice Therapy machine for several years now and I consider it to be my most valuable asset. It's on me somewhere, at least four to six hours a day, every day. I can't imagine trying to recuperate from such a procedure without one.

I'm doing much better today and I did postpone my physical therapy until next Monday. I'm also going to cut back on my proposed physical therapy schedule from 3-days per week, to 2-days per week, depending on how my body initially responds. After years of experience dealing with such procedures I've finally learned to listen what my body is trying to tell me. And it's definitely telling me to slow down for the time being and let the healing process just happen naturally.

Thank you again for all the support, I can't tell you how much I sincerely appreciate it.

Today is a much better day.
 
I've said before in regard to PT, to a carpenter everything looks like a nail.
Some things just have to happen, and your body's own healing power is what is going to do it, without help.
You're not weak, you've been injured by having a Hip prosthetic introduced into your body.
Good for you for listening to your body.
Hope all gets better soon, and you have a Good weekend.
:SUNsmile:
 
Update:

I've had 3-days of relatively good healing. Nothing that I couldn't really deal with (pain/soreness wise), relatively speaking.

My bruising has started its southern migration, wherein it's currently lingering about mid-knee, upper-calf and causing some new/different types of sensations.

Again, nothing I didn't already expect based upon my previous experiences.

Just checking in, updating with the best group of people I've ever come across.

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July celebration.

God bless America!

And God bless BoneSmart.com!
 
Hope all continues to improve...
So the red, white, and blue is a description of your poor leg!:heehee:
Your double hippy status will have you golden so next Fourth will hopefully find you ready to celebrate!:ok:
 
Hi @BradleyStu
I love your positive attitude. Kind man, grateful heart.
Great update!
Your recovery is progressing nicely...long may it continue.
Wishing you a peaceful rest of the week!
 
Last edited:
Hi dropping in to say HI.
Read thru your posts. You sound like you got a positive attitude.
Go slow. Listen to these people saying that..
I have a bit of a set back. Maybe I got cavalier with my healing process. IDK.
Stay Strong.! RESPECT your self
 
AnnieRose2:

I can certainly attest to occasionally getting somewhat cavalier with my rehabilitation. As the process takes so seemingly long, and requires such a great effort, both in physical endurance and mental acuity, it can at times seem overwhelming. Yet everyone on these boards can very likely attest that the work is definitely worth the eventual results. I know that I certainly can.

My greatest challenge thus far has undoubtedly been to exercise restraint in just about everything I do. It's just to easy to over do it, without even realizing it, until the next day, of course. It's something I try to remain more cognizant of with each passing day.

I'm sorry you're having a set-back. Hopefully it's only temporary and you'll be back on the upswing soon. Just give your body the time it needs to heal itself and I'm sure you'll do wonderfully.

Together, we'll get through this.

Best of luck
 
Hello again Layla:

Thank you again for your kind thoughts.

They are sincerely appreciated.

I hope you have a wonderful week.
 
My greatest challenge thus far has undoubtedly been to exercise restraint in just about everything I do. It's just to easy to over do it, without even realizing it, until the next day, of course.
So so true, @BradleyStu !
Glad to see you're trying to work out the dance we all have to figure out in our recovery.
Hope today is a Good Day for you.
 
Hello again Mojo333:

Quite surprisingly, today was NOT one of my better feeling days. My hip/knee managed to keep me up half the night throbbing away. I believe it was due to my bruise migration that is currently heading southward towards my shins/knees, etc. Just something new (but not unexpected) that we all get to deal with during our rehabilitation journeys.

Today's plan of action was to keep the majority of the aching area froze via my Cold Rush Ice Therapy Machine. We'll see how well that works out tomorrow morning.

I hope everyone else is having a great, relatively pain free day and closely following the BoneSmart mantra(s).

I'll let everyone know how effective today's plan of action worked out tomorrow.
 
The saga of the migrating bruise...they really wrench on our
Legs from what I understand.
I think it's just going to take some time and lots of ice.
Hope today is better!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom