Guest viewing is limited

THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

I totally understand the GPS that @SaraK mentioned. Tough to deal with at times to say the least.

@danabanana about the cane - I was told to use a can until my gait was good and no limping at all. I hadn’t realized you were still using cane only when you went out. I totally agree with @jaydub63 and @MammaT that using the cane all the time is a very good idea right now. You are stuck inside anyhow so might as well follow the rules so once you can get out more, you will be ready to break free of all aids.

That baby is absolutely adorable! I can see the resemblance between her and your daughter. I’m glad she is feeling better now. Always scary when babies get sick, especially when it is your first one.
 
Your granddaughter is beautiful Dana. What a lovely munchkin! I was glad to survive the slip and learned to park on the street, not the driveway. The street is a lot flatter and smoother, so I do not have to deal with walking on a (very tiny) slope. My neighbors have not complained yet. If they do, I will bring out the cane and throw a pity party. That usually works. That cane gets me good seats at church and wide spaces to walk everywhere. Sometimes I feel guilty that I may be taking some old person's seat- but I am now the old person!
 
Thanks girls. GPS was minimal today, thank God! I have been exhausted today after a mostly sleepless night due to my hip griping! Hoping tonight is better.
Despite the fatigue and soreness, I did venture out briefly to grab milk and eggs, with the assistance of my oldest son. I drove and it was awesome!!!! I did behave....no zipping about and I am using my cane.:ice:
In other news, my mom has to postpone her visit. She's come down with the Flu. Oh well, as disappointed as I feel it really is for the best beimg as I'm still too sore and tired to do a whole lot. Also, the weather is unpredictable being deep winter so she's decided to wait until Spring. By then I'll be out power walking like a boss and Reiya will be babbling, giggling, and likely crawling and creeping!

Happy Sunday Evening. Gonna curl up and watch some Star Trek.
 
Hi @Josephine

Realizing you're a busy bee with all that goes on here with BS, I'm wondering if you could help me a little with putting my mind at ease or offer insight regarding my upper front and side thigh/pain to touch. I'm 8weeks post op and I'm taking 1000mg of Tylenol every 4 hrs, I add 10mg of Morphine Sulphate at night because nights are worse....although I'm not finding much relief with that. Wondering if this much pain, enough that I can't sleep well or walk much, cane or otherwise, is still within normal parameters of healing at this point. Thanks in advance Hun. I appreciate it. :angel:
 
Prayers for brighter days, Dana. Something's gotta give here.
I hope today brings you some much needed relief, sweetie.
Sending a hug and warm wishes for a great day!
@danabanana
 
Thanks @Layla :roseshwr:

Had a better sleep last night mostly in part due to the exhaustion I'm feeling and some funky pillow positions that brought enough relief that I didn't move for 3hrs! I got out with hubby and youngest son and with my cane to gather some groceries, then home to ice and Tylenol.
Been feeling like a beached whale lately.....saw this today and it made me laugh super hard! :loll:
[Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<
 
Hahahaha! That is hysterical. I love it!
I'm happy to hear you slept well last night and hope the little
outing did you good. Sometimes just getting out and feeling a part
of the world helps temporarily. Icing afterward is good preventative medicine.
I'm looking forward to Jo's response.
Hope you sleep well again tonite, sweet Dana!
@danabanana
 
:prayer: for pain to be nothing to worry about though it seems like you don't get enough stronger meds at 8 weeks
 
You're being too quiet @danabanana - saving up all your energy for your birthday tomorrow? Somehow I'm guessing Vino and choccie will be involved at some point!
 
@danabanana I am not Josephine but I think that you are doing great. I still have not ventured to the grocery store and probably will not for a few more weeks. My hubby is doing great shopping using my detailed lists. I think that we all heal at different paces and have different pain tolerance. Me, I am a wimp, and if I were not going to go back to the office next week, I would stay on the good pain pills at least at night for a while longer. Hugs and glad that the granddaughter is feeling better.
 
Hubby and I had a lazy day today. With both my sons at work and little man at school, hubby and I had a picnic on our bed and napped like fat cats! :kittymilk:Hahaha Both of us have felt run down so it was nice. Not sure about my birthday tomorrow. I think some friends are popping over. I had hoped to be able to go out but I'm not painfree enough and I'm pinching pennies big time, so will just postpone that part for later....maybe Valentine's. VA VA voom!!! :eyebrows:
 
Hippy birthday early, Dana...usually I'm late to the party.
39 again! It's better the third time!
Hope you have a Good Day!
 
Early happy birthday! . Absolutely no GPS allowed on your special day...pass the word! :bignono:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<
    IMG_0428.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 114

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom